A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Need help with these ar fire sounds

Author Topic: Need help with these ar fire sounds (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Sargent 0

sotark

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 10:15 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
How do I keep these ar fire sounds from cutting off everytime I shoot?

FYI: These are 44.1 khz xbox adpcm compressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7eOqd2-wIM

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 11:53 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
I don't know if it'll affect it but try setting the Class at the top of the sound tag to weapon_fire if it isn't already. Make sure it's mono, and from what I've heard sfx should be 22khz and not 44, but IDK what that impacts.

Outside of that compare it's sections to the stock assault rifle firing sound and see if anything seems out of place or not filled in. Hopefully someone else can give a more concrete answer.

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 09:22 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
All directional sounds should be monoaural.
Short sounds should be xbox IDA ADPCM format.
Gunfire and dialogue and impact sounds should be 22kHz.

Remember, this is using DirectSound for audio playback.
Edited by sparky on Aug 11, 2019 at 09:23 AM

Also, if you do dialogue sounds, make sure you normalize the waveform before processing the mouth data.
Edited by sparky on Aug 11, 2019 at 09:24 AM

Tachikoma

Mobile Suit enthusiast

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 04:04 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Alongside it needing to be 22khz, you need 2 sound files and 2 firing effects in the weapon tag for it to play smoothly.

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 12:55 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
^ I don't understand that about two firing effects.

Try duplicating the stock tag "weapons\assault rifle\assault rifle.weapon" and overwriting its tag references and adjusting other metadata fields as necessary. Look at what has been done successfully. I'm guessing you already did this, though, but it's worth saying. Look at the firing sound tag referenced by the firing effect's second "part" block entry, how it's xbox adpcm, 22 kHz, monoaural, and has some permutations for interesting variety and all next permutation indices are -1 (none) with actual permutation count as the quantity of permutation sounds.

Make sure you're using a working xbox adpcm codec. There's one for 64-bit and one for 32-bit. I used to have the links but they're buried somewhere on my server and locally, so ask if you need them and can't find them on this forum or elsewhere and I'll dig them up.
Edited by sparky on Aug 12, 2019 at 01:01 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 1:53 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website