A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Campaign Energy Sword

Author Topic: Campaign Energy Sword (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BioGoji1989

Professional Idiot

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 02:17 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Okay, so I'm editing version 1.5.2 of my campaign mod, and in level a50, I have a usable energy sword. The sword was something I put in the 1.0 version of the mod, but I completely forgot about it when working on the 1.5 version.

Now, the issue I have with this sword is that every time I would switch to it after the cutscene where I free Keyes and the other marines from their holding cells, the music of the level, even the cutscene, would start to replay itself. This happened every single time I would draw the weapon from that point onward, and I have no idea why.

I want to give the players a usable energy sword for this level, but I need to know why this weapon causes this music glitch and how I can fix it. One idea that I have is to make the sword no longer have infinite ammo, or at least give it a proper energy meter, but I don't know that is related to the problem.

I'd prefer to not need to scrap the weapon, so any information or suggestions on how to handle this issue would be appreciated.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 02:36 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
that usually happens when a stereo sound is used for animation sounds (instead of the proper mono), so the game thinks it's music and gives it priority (or something like that) The solution would be identifying which sound is the issue and replacing it with a proper mono sound (or just removing it would work too), you can find good energy sword mono sounds on the zteam tagset.

BioGoji1989

Professional Idiot

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 02:37 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
that usually happens when a stereo sound is used for animation sounds (instead of the proper mono), so the game thinks it's music and gives it priority (or something like that) The solution would be identifying which sound is the issue and replacing it with a proper mono sound (or just removing it would work too), you can find good energy sword mono sounds on the zteam tagset.

All right. I'll give it a shot.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 22, 2019 2:31 AM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website