A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Ideas for 'fun' waves in firefight?

Author Topic: Ideas for 'fun' waves in firefight? (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Pepzee

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 11:43 PM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here has any creative ideas for 'fun' waves in firefight? In Firefight Descent we had fun waves every 10 waves and would include crazy things like dozens of jackals with rocket launchers. The idea is that these are supposed to be crazy outlandish waves that are also fun to play. Keep in mind I'm not trying to murder the player either, I once made a fun wave with flood using gauss snipers and that seriously sucked.

I would like to include fun waves in a future firefight map but I am running low on ideas. Does anyone here have any ideas that they think would be good?

Thanks,
Pepzee

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 03:31 AM    Msg. 2 of 2       
•Attack of the Clones: White-armored Spartans armed with plasma rifles, Covenant Carbines, etc.
•Infected ODST drop, if that's a thing that's a thing that could be done. First you have to try not to get crushed by falling pods, then deal with the Flood-infected Shock Troopers that emerge from them.
•Former suicide Grunts that have overpowered their Elite handler and forced him into the explosive harness. The Grunts could have plasma rifles or other higher-tier weaponry as a result of their mutiny.
Simulacrums: Android bombs disguised as UNSC crewmen. Initially passive, then aggro and charge the player before exploding. To make things extra interesting, maybe you could mix in some genuine crewmen and some subtle method of distinguishing them from their kamikaze counterparts. Successful elimination of the simulacrums while keeping the crewmen alive would give you a couple of allies in the subsequent wave.
Edited by Echo77 on Jun 10, 2019 at 04:00 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu November 14, 2019 10:53 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website