A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[RELEASE] Sector 09 RAW (3D models, docs, etc.)

Author Topic: [RELEASE] Sector 09 RAW (3D models, docs, etc.) (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Nickster5000

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 09:44 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
I have received a request for source for Sector 09, so I figured I'd publicly release it (I know, its been long overdue.)

Sector09 RAW Release - ALL BSP's - Nickster5000

NOTE: Files preceded in _ means that they are important. I marked them with this underscore as I was going through the files.

Description: Included in this release is ALL of the iterations that sector09 went through from 2012, all the way to its release in 2016.
Included in this release is the following directories, and notes about what this directory consists of:

***bitmaps
-RPG_Rips and RPG_Rips2 should contain all of the bitmaps that I ripped from halo 3 ODST.
NOTE: SOME OF THE FILES WILL HAVE BROKEN REFERENCES. I DID NOT RENAME ANY OF THE FILES, but they may be in different locations. I recommend that you rip your own version of the Halo 3: ODST bitmaps using adjutant to suit your needs.

***misc
-Contains files that were used in showing sector09, and other documentation used in its development.

***sector09-2012
-The very first iteration of sector09. I could not find the original... however, I found two animation demos that I created on the original model, which should suffice.

***sector09-2014
-Old sector 09 build. I believe one of these didn't even make it ingame. Don't remember a whole lot about these files, so have fun playing around with them!

***sector09-2014-b
-Another old sector 09 build. More files that I made for sector 09. Don't remember a whole lot about this one either, so have fun playing around!!!

***sector09-ce3-2015
-Second to most significant file in this pack. This was the demo that was showcased at CE3 2015.

***sector09-2016
-Most significant file for sector09's release. Contains the version of the BSP that was in the final release, as well as some updates to it.

xtra
-Extra files that I found laying around.

README.txt - this file.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ko4teqmqoj3x6ic/sector09-raw.zip?dl=1

Please let me know if there is anything missing. Enjoy!

-Nickster5000

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 04:26 AM    Msg. 2 of 8       
Good on ya for making a source release!

Tachikoma

Mobile Suit enthusiast

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 09:45 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
mmmmmm yes time to make sector 10.

thanks for the release.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 12:23 AM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Question! How much of the map is using ripped content? As we start working on SPV3 firefight, I'd love to do a version of this with custom assets and stuff we had from Oddball, with your permission. Would we be looking at just needing to replace textures, or is geometry extracted as well outside of scenery.

Nickster5000

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 12:33 AM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Question! How much of the map is using ripped content? As we start working on SPV3 firefight, I'd love to do a version of this with custom assets and stuff we had from Oddball, with your permission. Would we be looking at just needing to replace textures, or is geometry extracted as well outside of scenery.

Textures are all ripped, geometry is completely custom.

There are some files with ripped geometry, however (as background scenery, the tall skyscrapers for example)
Edited by Nickster5000 on Jun 16, 2019 at 12:34 AM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 12:36 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Ah, well if you are interested, I am sure KillaFTW would be able to donate some files from his cancelled city map to replace that ripped scenery. I'd love to let the map live on as part of our firefight set of maps we are releasing, and would love to work with you on that to make sure it's done respectfully to your original content.

Nickster5000

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 07:30 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
You are more than welcome to use it however you wish. If you want to integrate your own style into it, go for it! Other than getting some time to go through some of my other stuff and release it, I think my days in Halo are over.

alexmaguire

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 04:48 AM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Thanks for the release. geometry is completely custom.
happy wheels

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed September 18, 2019 9:37 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website