A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Can someone fix scope glitch in Xbox 720p patch?

Author Topic: Can someone fix scope glitch in Xbox 720p patch? (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

CYRiX

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 01:16 AM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Hey all,

A fellow by the name of xbox7887 figured out how to get halo 1 to render in 720p on the original xbox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJj_XtVKxjc

The only issue is when you scope in with a weapon the game freaks out. You can see it in the video at the 1:35ish mark. If you look it seems to be because the code for the scope still thinks the game render's resolution is 640x480 even though it is now 1280x720. I've tried to do a simple hex find-replace on those resolution numbers but nothing works, and xbox7887 doesn't seem interested and fixing this.

Can anyone here help me out or point me to someone who could? It would be really awesome to have this patch fully working, even if the performance is a little poor on a stock xbox.

Oskarmandude

Make Halomaps Fully Hectic Again

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 04:21 AM    Msg. 2 of 2       
surprised it runs that well, god damn

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 22, 2019 2:32 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website