A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Because me, and I'm sure others, are lazy.

Author Topic: Because me, and I'm sure others, are lazy. (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DovahRS

"Kill the Demon!"

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 04:57 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Hello, I had to completely wipe my hard drive and now I'm here to gather all the maps that the Universal UI lists.

The only problem is that it takes a lot of time, even with the nifty .pdf with all the links to the maps. So my question is:

Why hasn't someone put them into an archive all packaged together, so you can just download it and be done?

Thanks for any responses,
Dovah

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 11:49 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Because it is extremely inefficient for people who don't want them all at once, which is the majority.

DovahRS

"Kill the Demon!"

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 11:57 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Because it is extremely inefficient for people who don't want them all at once, which is the majority.

Fair enough. Just out of curiosity though, you said it's "Extremely Inefficent" for people who dont want them all at once. Are you saying that they will download them eventually? Or that they don't want the certain maps at all? If it is the first one, wouldn't it be more efficient? You get all the maps that are available, and you dont need to go back and download them. If it's the second one, what about that minority? I would rather just install halo ce, then the UI, then have all the maps ready, than to spend the next hour or two individually (or at the same time if you have the bandwidth, which I dont unfortunatly) downloading the maps.
Edited by DovahRS on Aug 8, 2019 at 11:59 PM

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 02:02 AM    Msg. 4 of 9       
Pretty sure that the more maps you have the longer it takes for halo to load.

SBB_Michelle

This site brings me pain.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 02:06 AM    Msg. 5 of 9       
That effect isn't present anymore if you have Opensauce, Hac2, Chimera, or Vulpes.

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 03:46 AM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Well I still wouldn't want all that extra storage of maps i'm probably never gonna play.

SBB_Michelle

This site brings me pain.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 04:15 AM    Msg. 7 of 9       
That is valid

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 10:53 AM    Msg. 8 of 9       
The maps could all have been downloaded one at a time in the time this conversation took place.

DovahRS

"Kill the Demon!"

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 11:11 AM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
The maps could all have been downloaded one at a time in the time this conversation took place.

Already done

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat August 24, 2019 7:27 PM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website