A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »How to export level geometry AND scenery to 3dsmax

Author Topic: How to export level geometry AND scenery to 3dsmax (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

willchocks

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 03:13 AM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Hi,

I'm trying to get an entire level of the campaign with all scenery/vehicles/characters/level geometry models showing into 3dsmax. Is this possible with existing tools?

So far i've only got the level geometry (the SBSP) into 3dsmax with textures. It's great so far but i'm missing rocks/trees/vehicles and everything else. How would i get those extra models into 3dsmax? Is it possible?

Please let me know what you think. Thanks very much for any insights.

-Will

FtDSpartn

AI fanatic and rookie programmer.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 11:07 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Aether can extract BSPs with scenery, machines, controls and light fixtures. Vehicles, characters, etc would have to be imported manually afaik.

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 01:31 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
There's also another way to do this in the opensauce docs: Doc_Halo1_DirectionalLightmaps

With a few steps here and there for what you're trying to do(extracting all the scenery models and bsp as one setpiece)

There are a few different options. like aether above
Edited by OrangeJuice on Sep 15, 2019 at 01:32 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 14, 2019 1:14 PM 94 ms.
A Halo Maps Website