A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »TUTORIAL REQUEST- Re: Map Design

Author Topic: TUTORIAL REQUEST- Re: Map Design (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 10:45 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Can some experienced person who has free time on their hands please make a simple modernised tutorial explaining and showing how to properly export a map or two, place them into 3DS MAX, chop and change the bsp model, place the shaders back on it, and export it back into Halo?

I've noticed a lot of mods lately where people have been using recycled assets from campaign missions, multiplayer maps and even other people's mods. Any time I put any kind of map into 3DS MAX, unless its a custom made box, I cannot get it into Halo.

Hell, if we had a comprehensive video regarding this, I think then there would be no excuses nor anyone ever asking how to make a map, yet alone perform the complicated task of editing maps without breaking them.

Then of course, SBB M. can add that to that massive guide.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 01:52 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Just watch the old tutorials and follow their steps in modern software like everyone else lol, the reason why nobody has done “modernized” tutorials is that there really is no point for it since most of the steps required to do stuff u mentioned haven’t changed since the beginning, if you need help with something specific searching on the forum with google should give you most answers cuz chances are people have already dealt with the same issues in the past.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 07:14 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
I believe I did about a year ago when I had troubles combining certain A10 bsps and then being unable to seal certain 'openings' (I think the portals, lights and glass regions).

Nobody really covered this stuff, just the basics. The only tutorials I found were either too grainy or only covered editing bloodgulch...

I want to edit campaign resources not make another bloodgulch mod! (I'm not going to be that hey guys check out my millionth instalment of bloodgulch mod guy)

Its been a year or more and I still cannot get my modified A10 bsp through Tool...

I'd stop asking but its not just for me and well, I don't want to abandon the project.

:'(
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 22, 2019 at 07:18 PM

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 09:26 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
(I'm not going to be that hey guys check out my millionth instalment of bloodgulch mod guy)

welp, you're already known as the guy that struggles with the most simple and basic stuff in the community so I don't think that would be much worse. Good luck finding tutorials for your very specific needs.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 02:41 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Cheap shot eh? Smart ass... I'm sure you didn't fly out your mother's womb with a computer in your hand and the knowledge to mod every aspect of Halo. Don't even go there. If you don't want to help, go back to whatever Discord group you came from and go complain that 'this guy' is asking for help in a technical forum. I couldn't give a flying toss about your derogatory thoughts about another user's 3DS MAX experience.

I assure you. The only thing I cannot do is import multiple BSPs and put them back into Halo. I can make BASIC geometric maps and managed to get a biped in and out (with somewhat messy animations) and made a crap ton of scenery. I know how to script, use Sapien, use Kornman/Guerrilla, texture, lightmap, record animations, link devices and controls, triggers, objective/help strings, rip etc. So 'basic stuff'? I don't think so... I assume your understanding of 'basic' is quite... Basic... More than the majority of the users left in this community cannot even do those tasks or know what they even are. Assumingly because of jerks like yourself who do nothing but attempt to push people away or shut them down rather than set good standards and help new comers learn and thrive with the 'elite few'.

...Since you want to fire shots... I see your picture. Go 'play with yourself' over a pony or anime. Obviously you've got nothing useful or relevant to share as you simply have no idea yourself and have to protect your modding ego and reputation.

There comes a point where you can only mod existing maps so much to the point you want to move on and apply your skills to a custom made map with new locations to fill and stories to tell.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 23, 2019 at 05:04 AM

FtDSpartn

Verified AI.

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 03:06 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
(I'm not going to be that hey guys check out my millionth instalment of bloodgulch mod guy)

welp, you're already known as the guy that struggles with the most simple and basic stuff in the community so I don't think that would be much worse. Good luck finding tutorials for your very specific needs.

It would've been better to not respond if you had nothing helpful to add.

As for a tutorial, I'm not familiar with modelling myself so I wouldn't be able to provide something like this. I would recommend checking out the Halo CE Reclaimers Discord though - it's filled with a lot of helpful people and you'll have a better chance of getting at least a good text answer to your problem.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 6:31 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website