A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »The Altheros Experience

Author Topic: The Altheros Experience (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Pabeung

Oify

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 12:53 AM    Msg. 1 of 8       

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 03:18 AM    Msg. 2 of 8       
First of all... We have to mention that sword lunge at 1:04. My god... That was terrifying.

The infection transformations? Terrifying. The grunt melee? Interest... Cannot comment more on that. I'm loving the whole Reach/3 vibes. Flood dispersal pods? Interesting...

What are some key differences between your mod and CMT SPV3? (noticed some similarities)

And the biggest question of that reveal... Are those pictures at the end an easter egg in-game?

Pabeung

Oify

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 07:38 AM    Msg. 3 of 8       
I love keeping the presence of my girlfriend in my mods. Well the difference between this and SPV3 is first the assets used, CMT uses custom made assets and I use assets from later Halo games. Second is that SPV3 are tryhards making their mod close to canon and I just add random assets that wouldn't make sense in the original game but for fun only. Third is that I work alone but I use existing tools and assets to create this while Masterz asks low tier people to do his biding.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 09:55 AM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Sorry Pabeung, I haven't been on this site for the last 8 months. Remind me, are you drunk? I cannot take your posts seriously whether or not you're being genuine or just taking the piss out.

Anyway, again, it looks like fun. Looking forward to it. I was going to do something similar to what you did but I never wanted to move onto the OS scene. I just started getting the hang of OG.

If I had OS, I'd probably be tempted to pinch CMT SPV3's scenarios as I did with SPV2 and made an extended campaign with literally bare-ass OG Halo tags. I even retextured it all to look closer to OG Halo.

I'm working on a side project where I'm trying to port as many Halo 2, Halo 3 and Reach assets into CE and make a gigantic merger universal tagset. I've done most weapons and a universal weapon icon system. Though I am worried I will soon run out of memory or something as again, its all OG non-OS stuff...

Anyway, when is the release of your project?

Pabeung

Oify

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 11:44 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Oct 26, 2019 10:43 AM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pabeung
...while Masterz asks low tier people to do his biding.
Apparently I'm low-tier :[
Interesting collection of content nonetheless and I've no doubt that a lot of work went into the project.

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
Sorry Pabeung, I haven't been on this site for the last 8 months. Remind me, are you drunk? I cannot take your posts seriously whether or not you're being genuine or just taking the piss out.
Nah that's just how they post.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 12:25 AM    Msg. 7 of 8       
I want to believe this mod is lore friendly as I'm lore obsessed, even with mods.

As much as I love being berated by some here, I just loves the personalities. Both you guys do good stuff. Stuff very few can do and many dream of, so low-tier? I don't think so. Inspirational more like.

Keeps noobs like myself motivated and determined to keep trying despite failing constantly.

Pabeung

Oify

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 12:33 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Not referring to you ODX thought you already left and you were part of CMT before it lost it's credibility and they let untalented brown trash in like MrMexican and some random indian he found on twitter. Well atleast more effort than Masterz could have done in his entire modding tenure. I mean why would I need to put effort in things that already exist so I just put them in good use and port as much Halo 3 stuff as possible but doing that myself unlike Masterz that already has the content and tools to mash up and this his 999th campaign mod that he takes so seriously but still can't.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 6:32 AM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website