A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Pelican Model Editing Problem- TEXTURES

Author Topic: Pelican Model Editing Problem- TEXTURES (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 09:57 AM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Guys,

So, I imported a pelican into 3DS MAX, done some edits blablabla and got it into Halo. Now, its all perfect HOWEVER... The pelican bay region, it is textured fine though its missing the detail boilerplate textures over the floor and wall panels. I've experimented with everything in 3DS MAX and just cannot find out what the cause is. Any ideas? I assume its a material stuff up. I hate how when you import a model that you literally have to rextexture the whole thing. Unless... There is a way to import a model with all its textures reserved?

I use the GBXModel Importer v2 by TheGhost. Is this version the latest and or best one?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 27, 2019 at 09:59 AM

OrangeJuice

new content isn't a mod. hhtmods are mods.

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 06:17 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Were you messing with materials and textures?

If so, you cannot end a materialname with a number because tool will remove that number and use it as the permutation id. (like say: If you had a material called metals_floor_diamonds_1, tool will remove the number and put something like metals_floor_diamonds :: permutation: #1 in the gbxmodel)

other than that . .

If you're trying to get detail-maps blended into a shader_model, you'll probably need to do so in the multipurpose map
Edited by OrangeJuice on Oct 27, 2019 at 06:22 PM

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 12:42 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
You effing legend. Holy crap. Oh my god. Done. You're a god damn life saver.

I had no idea putting detail bitmaps in the bump would fix it... S###.

So I don't know how, when I import GBXModels they aren't textured, so I have to redo the shaders until I get them right.

So I wondered why the pelican had: bay and bay_floor with the same bitmap. I made a bay_floor material with the boilerplate detail as the bump map and applied it to the wall and floor panels as it should be.

BOOM. Re-exported it, Tooled it, checked in Sapien and BAM! Pelican looks stock textured, lit as ef.

You made my effing day holy crap, I need to go celebrate. FINALLY. Someone mentioned one LITTLE thing I missed and I FINALLY 100% complete one of my million projects.

Thank you so effing much.

F###, awesome.

Like my other cries for help, you didn't just help me out man, there were three others with this same dilemma. I'll let them now you helped out.

Effing sick. I'll kiss you through the damn screen.

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
If you're trying to get detail-maps blended into a shader_model, you'll probably need to do so in the multipurpose map
Edited by OrangeJuice on Oct 27, 2019 at 06:22 PM

Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 28, 2019 at 12:45 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 6:33 AM 531 ms.
A Halo Maps Website