A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »MAJOR Issue with the fixed textures pack...

Author Topic: MAJOR Issue with the fixed textures pack... (1 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Some tutorials would be nice...

Posted: Nov 2, 2019 04:57 AM    Msg. 1 of 1       
So I decided to override my tags with the refined set...

Is it normal now that 3DS MAX cannot read the TIFs and Aether and BSP Converter can no longer extract the TIFFs?

Unlike the stock HEK tag set, when I use the BSP Converter with the refined tag set, I get shader error wanring messages and when in 3DS MAX I get some odd incorrect strip error window and cannot texture my map.

Is this supposed to happen?

The error I get in 3DS MAX is: "0: Invalid strip byte count, strip 0". This only happens when I attempt to use refined tag TIFFs. Even my Photoshop and Paint.net programs cannot open the TIFF files. This is just odd.

There is a time consuming work around though. Use bitmap extractor to save as TGA, then open and save it as a TIFF. Then of course, you have to retexture the entire map in 3DS MAX as well... This is so odd. It never used to do this. I'm so confused.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Nov 2, 2019 at 09:44 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 6:31 AM 140 ms.
A Halo Maps Website