A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Canceled Projects, Opportunities to Continue, and Closing Remarks

Author Topic: Canceled Projects, Opportunities to Continue, and Closing Remarks (1 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

sparky

Jesus is a friend to the vindictive sociopath

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 08:32 PM    Msg. 1 of 1       
Hello, this is Sparky.

Years ago I had a successful wiki called Halo Demo Mods (HDM). You may be familiar with that web site if you used web sites like macgamingmods.com. This project's domain halodemomods.com expired recently. I have no plans to continue that endeavor, but you can see some snapshots of the homepage working backwards ending at June 1, 2013: https://web.archive.org/web/20130601084525/http://www.halodemomods.com:80/wiki/Main_Page. If anyone is interested in the Halo Demo Mods wiki files and database -- I know some of you were -- I can be contacted at galaxyverge+halomaps@pm.me.

I had another more recent project for hosting free Halo game servers, kind of like Samuco had with his dynamic Halo game server hosting web site; many thousands of people were interested in hosting their own Halo game servers. I had thousands of views on my former YouTube video tutorial(s) about how to host a Halo game server and my other videos showing me doing cool things with it. I still get questions all the time about how to host a Halo game server nowadays even when I am the only other player in a particular haloded.exe instance and playing HaloMD. Now I am placing haloserver.com for sale. You can buy this domain from auction now if you are interested, or you could wait until some time in 2020 when the domains expire, although I don't expect that you would want to continue my project's vision of free Halo game server hosting. Just letting you know people are still interested in hosting Halo game servers, even though high-profile Halo game hosts have closed their doors. Or it's here in case you find any other interest in the domain haloserver.com for your Halo projects.

I've had fun playing and working with people in the various Halo communities over the past 15 to 20 years. Halo Mini Demo (Halo Universal Binary modified into a Halo Demo replacement) was the successor to Halo Demo and the HDM wiki project. Just as I had to call it for that project when I saw the end approaching, nil called it for his HaloMD project and Apple ended support for 32-bit apps, obsoleting Halo on Mac OS X / OS X / macOS / whatever-the-branding. Also, OpenGL is nixed on Mac, so if you want historical information about Halo on Mac -- I would think everyone from the Windows community here would like to take a few moments to press F for the Mac side of the Halo coin -- stop by the MGM forum and take a look around before that also vanishes.

Thanks for the fun, the variegated memories, and the character-building experiences, and best wishes to you all.

I reserve the right to continue entertaining my delusional dreams of remaking Halo.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 6:33 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website