A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Product Key for Halo Custom Edition

Author Topic: Product Key for Halo Custom Edition (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

The Angry Man

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 12:32 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
I'm trying to install Halo custom edition and I can't get past the product key part. Is there a way to obtain a product key or possibly bypass that requirement?

I really want to play InfernoPlus's new Cursed Halo mod and I can't get into it because of the product key requirement.

NEW PROBLEM:
There is no campaign mode in custom edition. The campaign is the main reason why I like to play Halo so I need help figuring out why it didn't install.
Edited by The Angry Man on Dec 23, 2019 at 12:44 PM

P3

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 02:32 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Hello there.
Yes that is how it is, there is nothing wrong with your install. Halo Custom Edition was an addition onto the first game that was meant to lean more towards mod support, so it that is the reason why it does not come with the standard Halo Combat Evolve campaign as you were supposed to have owned the standard game already.

You can download multiple types of maps and modes on the main page on the left side. They are organized by categories so you will be able to what kind of map or mod it is, whether it be completely custom campaign or modified multiplayer and the like.

(I think maybe these maps might be the closest thing to what you are looking for. I have not checked them out myself, but I think these are pretty much stock ports with possible slight tweaks.)
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?search=Renamon&B1=Search

Keep in mind that loading a single player map is a lot different from loading a multiplayer map. You would have to modify your application launcher or icon thingy or whatever you call it to be able to enable commands to be able to load the maps based on their names. Whereas for modded multiplayer maps you simply just have to look in your multiplayer map list and they should show up. If you try loading single player maps off of your multiplayer list, your game will crash.

Also, you might not be able to create your own multiplayer lobby thingy because your product key is most likely already used or something along that line(assuming you just grabbed a random product key off the internet somewhere).

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 07:00 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
How Do I Play the Single Player Campaign Maps in Halo CE
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=386

Halonimator

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 05:03 PM    Msg. 4 of 12       
I was going to post how to get halo working, but then i saw what you wanted to play. such pathetic mod shouldn't mentioned here or in any good acceptable site... this pisses me off, how such low iq individuals come here for such mods/maps.
Edited by Halonimator on Dec 24, 2019 at 05:03 PM

The Angry Man

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 05:16 PM    Msg. 5 of 12       
You are not a prick, you are the entire cactus

Halonimator

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 06:04 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
And more im full left wing progressive, i am the anti-fascist uberHaloman... and self blessed individual. enjoy some talented bsp work here... comeback when you'll see the mistake you made and want to install something worth!

I will work on my temper, but damn im so talented and blessed compared to those undeserving famous "content creators" like infernoplus,masterz and this gamecheat13, they are not even in the same tier.

n00b1n8R

Major League Trolling

Posted: Dec 25, 2019 06:52 AM    Msg. 7 of 12       
Great job showing a potential community member the door. I'm sure he'll definitely want to try something "worth" once he's done with his fun mod. You're a real asset.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Dec 26, 2019 12:09 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: n00b1n8R
Great job showing a potential community member the door. I'm sure he'll definitely want to try something "worth" once he's done with his fun mod. You're a real asset.

Somebody came out of hibernation, you're damn right though

Halonimator

Posted: Dec 28, 2019 02:17 AM    Msg. 9 of 12       
These are the last man from nietzsche, cant improve so they just make bad mods.

Don't be daft. wrap your shaft

Posted: Dec 28, 2019 05:54 AM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
snip

Is this trolling? I just can't tell anymore

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Dec 29, 2019 01:25 AM    Msg. 11 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: 1337
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
snip

Is this trolling? I just can't tell anymore
Of course it is. No reasonable person would respond that way.

P3

Posted: Dec 29, 2019 06:22 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Wow, those actually look pretty cool dude. I'm not sure how the the textures and stuff would look up close in first person though, seeing from the scaling of the texture details at this distance.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat March 28, 2020 11:24 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website