A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Is halo maps going to get a MCC modding section

Author Topic: Is halo maps going to get a MCC modding section (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ELVEVERX

For the great journey

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 09:41 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Now that the moment we all thought would never come has come, Is halo maps going to adapt to it, as versatile as the 16 year old halo ce has been considering the engine similarities this seems like a logical step, what say you Dennis?

Don't be daft. wrap your shaft

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 06:14 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       
It's very unlikely.

SOI_7

Welcome to the true man's world

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 12:22 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
I'd say the site is barely alive to begin with, don't expect anything new

Pepzee

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 11:32 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
I haven't been paying close attention to MCC, but does MCC even have an official editing toolkit like HEK? I've seen some videos of mods that were made for MCC, but they seem very basic and did not have features such as custom geometry or scripts. I wonder if this something that will be released?

Until an official editing toolkit becomes available it may not make sense to add it to this site.
Edited by Pepzee on Dec 24, 2019 at 11:33 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Dec 25, 2019 12:31 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
Until an official editing toolkit becomes available it may not make sense to add it to this site.
Those astute enough to notice will see that the websites only supported games that allowed for level creation and sharing. The MCC does not.

Don't be daft. wrap your shaft

Posted: Dec 28, 2019 06:27 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
snip
Edited by Pepzee on Dec 24, 2019 at 11:33 PM

It's very unlikely that an official editing kit will be released for any of the MCC games, especially now that every main halo title has forge mode. I don't know for sure, but I believe that the halo reach mods you've seen videos of were either already reach mods for the 360 or created using the same tools. Of course, they are much more popular and visible because unlike on the 360, modding reach on the MCC won't get your live account permabanned.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat July 4, 2020 6:29 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website