A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Release] Ascetic

Author Topic: [Release] Ascetic (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 11:37 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Ascetic is a small symmetrical map designed for 4-6 players. Best played on CTF and KOTH but other game types can be fun as well.

The map was originally being made back in 2015 after I had a dream of a small map similar to Sandtrap. I didn't think the map worked well so I stopped working on it. In late 2019 I had an idea that might make the map more interesting: mirroring one side of the map and duplicating the middle building to make the map bigger. After messing around with that idea I got inspired to finish the map. Since the map is still fairly small it allowed me to put a lot of detail on it without hitting the engine limits which I'm used to and that gave me more freedom. I spent a lot of time working on visuals to see how good I can make things look and I hope it shows. The map still isn't perfect and there are some things I'd rather change (I wish I had done something better with the doors in the middle that serve no real purpose) but I don't want to spend any more time working on this since nobody is going to play this map anyway lol.

There is a backpack weapons script that requires a Chimera build that supports scripting. There are 2 Open Sauce post-processing effects: ambient occlusion and volumetric lighting. Volumetric lighting also requires Chimera to work.

There are a few well-hidden easter eggs in the map. You won't be able to find them using devcam so look for clues first. I challenge all of you to find all of the secrets!

DOWNLOAD: https://mega.nz/#!RP5ihQSb!tSAgsnYzlnB5gUVAMyIMOIFNxx5kJiGHwvb9V71l7vk

Thanks to:
StormUndBlackbird team and everyone else who tested the map
Solink: Forge Island sky
Halo CE Refined team: HUD
Burney: some light textures
ShikuTeshi: upscaled spartan textures
MrChromed: upscaled armor cubemap
CtrlAltDestroy / [ZMT] L33T: backpack weapons
sbdJazz, Hunter,Iq and Marty McFly: post processing effects

Some textures are from textures.com
Some textures are from the map Seclusion
Some assets are from Halo 3 and Halo Reach

Edited by altis94 on Jan 12, 2020 at 11:38 AM

SOI_7

Welcome to the true man's world

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 02:48 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
My jaw literally dropped after watching that water shader. Fantastic job

altis94

Join my Discord https://discord.gg/GDVEaRD

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 03:10 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
My jaw literally dropped after watching that water shader. Fantastic job

Thanks!

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Can we just be friends? Chill my dudes...

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 08:31 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
I'm loving that green... And that water...

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat April 4, 2020 9:02 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website