A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Does anyone left on this dead site know how to script?

Author Topic: Does anyone left on this dead site know how to script? (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Can we just be friends? Chill my dudes...

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 07:10 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
?

I need help with a UI script.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 07:33 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
set the script type to dormant, the UI widget has a slot for the script name, and there is a flag to run the script (I believe stock versions of guerilla wont properly show the flag, but I'm pretty sure anything else will)

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Can we just be friends? Chill my dudes...

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 07:44 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Ahk, I'll run a test and see what happens. I'll post an update soon...

Hmmm.... Nope, nothing... I even copied the UUI script and attached it to the script part of the campaign select and it did nothing in-game. As for my script, I just want one mission to display on my list but for some reason it stays as the original A10-D40 list.

I want my map list to read:

Bull Crap Map Part 1
Smelly Map Part 2
Dummy Map Part 3

So what will my script look like?

(script dormant ???
(map_name testscenario1
)

(script dormant ???
(map_name testcrapscen2
)

(script dormant 3
(map_name scenario3
)

EDIT2: I had this same issue a year or two ago where despite editing the lists (I copied and pasted the menu lists as I wanted the stock menu with my new campaign and multiplayer maps) the lists remain the same, loading and displaying the stock maps like I edited nothing. My custom bitmaps, titles and descriptions show in the block on the right, but the list names remain as The Pillar of Autumn - The Maw (and the same for multiplayer).

EDIT3: I'll start over...

Let's begin with making a BLANK container for the custom missions list

Never mind. So, how do you make the ui.script load scenarios?

And what tag do you use to link that scenario or script?

No matter what I do, my new lists retain the OG map list names. Only the pictures, descriptions and titles (on the right box panel) show my custom items.

Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 31, 2020 at 09:49 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 11, 2020 1:02 PM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website