A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Lumoria - Refined?

Author Topic: Lumoria - Refined? (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

SLoWMoTIoN

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 12:03 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Are there any endeavors to re-release Lumoria with Halo CE Refined team's fixes?

Lumoria is such a cool location, extremely fun, replayable, serves as a fantastic reminder of what made Halo great, and deserves it.
Edited by SLoWMoTIoN on Jan 30, 2020 at 12:04 PM

Bugnotnotthegreat

Ya done it now!

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 07:29 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Lumoria gets so much hate I doubt we will see much more than the SPV3 Lumoria project https://halo-spv3.fandom.com/wiki/Lumoria I don't think we will really see anything like that, in all honesty I kinda don't want to, I remember playing it when it came out and thinking it was super cool when I was young but looking back it is a train wreck.

But it is a perfect train wreck where improving it would remove all the value it has.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Can we just be friends? Chill my dudes...

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 08:35 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
I don't quite get the hate Lumoria receives. I enjoyed it. I thought it was 'beautiful'. I loved the scenery and the forerunner interiors.

I guess my only little annoyance I had was the 'custom voice'... Which there's nothing wrong with the voice acting, it just felt out of place.

Otherwise I give it an 8/10 in my books.

MatthewDratt

TAKEDOWN IS OUT MattDratt.com

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 10:20 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
It was popular and people don't like what's popular. The people that hated is just because it was popular drowned out the people that actually had real criticisms (no like seriously, the people that got all pissy about it when it was released didn't even play it).

Pepzee

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 11:19 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
I've always really liked the first episode of Lumoria. I didn't care for the second episode as much.

I guess it's a little late for reviews, though Lumoria is probably better than 95% of the mods out there (such as all the bloodgulch mods we get).

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 06:05 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Lumoria is great, sure the VA and cinematics have problems, as does parts of the story but it's damn fun and blew me away when I first played it. It's part of what got me back into working with CE after I had quit.

I don't think most the devs would like it much if it got a refined treatment, just because they went out of their way to make some of the visuals look old timey and different. I it was done though, the one thing I absolutely would like to see is the old AI returned, I hate how they changed it and made it more pop and shooty than the original game, and I think it is really detrimental.

As far as the Lumoria hate, I think a lot of it was what Matt said about it being popular, but Lodex really rubbed some people the wrong way for a while, and people decided to crap on Lumoria as a way to get back at him, eventually with it just becoming the popular thing.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Can we just be friends? Chill my dudes...

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 09:59 AM    Msg. 7 of 7       
I may or may not have stolen the pilot biped and the BSPs... It was by accident I swear...

The other reason why I loved Lumoria was it not requiring OS etc. and it actually looking like an almost lore friendly set of missions. Minus the Halo 2 ODST and (Halo 3?) flowers...

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue March 31, 2020 8:10 AM 453 ms.
A Halo Maps Website