A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Release] Firefight: Heir of The Old Lords

Author Topic: [Release] Firefight: Heir of The Old Lords (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

SOI_7

Welcome to the true man's world

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 05:59 PM    Msg. 1 of 10       

https://youtu.be/uQJVG4nhRrA

Welcome to Heir of The Lords, a new Firefight map based on EmmanuelCD's map "Hexzone". Fight formidable foes through 7 rounds of increasing difficulty and defeat bosses after each round to unlock REQs and increase your destructive power. How long will you last?

More about the mod

The tagset is based heavily on the vanilla assets, revamped with OS shaders and a touch of modern era influences. New weapons are in the party as well, and same goes for your enemies and their behaviour. Due to that, THIS MAP REQUIRES OPENSAUCE.
The map has also several influences from FromSoftware's phenomenal game Bloodborne, going from the music and the ingame sounds to the boss designs and behavior. The name itself, "Old Lords", is a Bloodborne reference, since it can refer to both the Old Lords of Yharnam (the Pthumerians) or of Halo (the Forerunners). You will also have a speed boost ability as a replacement for the flashlight. And, most of all, you'll be assisted in this journey by the best waifu (No, not Cortana) Exuberant Witness!

Screenshots

Download link

https://mega.nz/#!EcIHSShK!gdv_RHneuFeAdPsSlkQ2pRD-bLRgCqgSYplVH3KSjnw

Credits

Adjutant team: Reach and H4 assets
Rododo: Some particles and other beauties
Mortis: Some particles and bitmaps, feedback and betatesting
Masterz: feedback, some scripting help and betatesting
martin.kosecky5: Some upscaled textures
DumbAI, MatthewDratt: Ripped dialogues
JadeUndead: Scripting trickeries
CMT: Some bitmaps, sounds and animations
Moses: H2 animations extractor
Delicious, Brad Cypy: Mass Effect sounds
Aegis Mind: H5 sounds, Excavator model
EmmanuelCD: BSP and Skybox
Altis: Bigass sun tags
Flanker: Fire particles
Spiral: Post-launch feedback
FromSoftware: Bloodborne sounds and music
Bungie/343i: Halo assets in general

Closing words

After this small project, I'm gonna retire from CE modding. It's been 8 years since I joined the modding community, it has been a lot of fun and I'll always be grateful to this engine for all I've learned through it. Now, it's time to move to better places, where my creativity can spread without chains Ugh
Thank you all for all the support, see you on Unity or MCC!

Edited by SOI_7 on Feb 14, 2020 at 06:31 PM

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 06:17 PM    Msg. 2 of 10       
I do like me some firefight maps.

Now that you've retired, make sure you exercise regularly. I hear you deteriorate quite quickly once you reach the more advanced ages.

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 08:03 PM    Msg. 3 of 10       
I normally don't care much for Firefight but there's so much neat-looking content in here I can't not check it out (I didn't even realize there was going to be an Excavator).

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 09:03 PM    Msg. 4 of 10       
Just beat the mod. Lots of fun! The slipperiness of the thrust pack made close combat very unique feeling compared to usual halo cqc. The new enemies was quite fun and kept me on my toes in a few instances.

Are you planning on making bug fixes? I ran into 1 or 2 game stopping bugs/issues.
I'll give it another go that doesn't involve playing with mostly the shotgun on normal difficulty. I might run into other bugs/issues that would be good for everyone to get a patch for.

Congrats on the release, I'm having fun!

SOI_7

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 04:44 AM    Msg. 5 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spiral
Just beat the mod. Lots of fun! The slipperiness of the thrust pack made close combat very unique feeling compared to usual halo cqc. The new enemies was quite fun and kept me on my toes in a few instances.

Are you planning on making bug fixes? I ran into 1 or 2 game stopping bugs/issues.
I'll give it another go that doesn't involve playing with mostly the shotgun on normal difficulty. I might run into other bugs/issues that would be good for everyone to get a patch for.

Congrats on the release, I'm having fun!

Sure, shoot me the bugs and I'll try to fix them asap and upload a newer build

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Can we just be friends? Chill my dudes...

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 09:42 AM    Msg. 6 of 10       
Oh my...

I'm really loving that Halo 2 Anniversary inspired HUD... Looks pretty...

Too bad this level isn't in the UUI!!! *Looks at you UUI authors...*

So is this actually just a firefight arena or an actual campaign mission?

Either way, I'll be giving this map a shot when I re-install OS...

Sucks though I'm knee deep in recording dropship animations now I have to re-update Halo and re-install OS... Tedious...

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 09:58 PM    Msg. 7 of 10       
Looks awesome, to bad I don't have Halo CE anymore

SOI_7

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 05:38 PM    Msg. 8 of 10       
Hi guys,
First of all, thank you all for the positive comments about the mod, I really didn't expect them!
After hearing various people, I have improved some areas of the mod and released a new build, so I have updated the download link in the OP.

CHANGELOG:
-Nerfed Plasma Pistol against bosses
-Added extra instructions about ammo stations, medkits and speed boost in the main menu guide
-Fixed a bug that caused the Hunter armor to be immune to explosives
-Fixed a bug that could cause Elites to T-pose when being stuck by grenades or Needler supercomines
-Fixed a bug that could lead the player to purchase infinite REQs pressing the action button multiple times
-Fixed a bug that could cause the Grunts shields to not disappear when you kill the Engineer
-Replaced legacy flames with newer ones for dead Sentinels
-Increased falling damage for AIs and removed it from the player, so that AIs don't survive if they fall inside the cliff
-Added visual feedback for when the Retriever is damaged
-Added extra behaviors to bosses in order to make them more interesting:
1) Brute Chieftain now has a temporary invincibility shield like in H3
2) Juggernaut can now spit Infection forms and leap
3) Silent Shadows should be more aggressive during the second phase and they should leap during the third phase
5) Giga Crawler now will spawn Watchers as support during the second phase

Again, thank you all for the kind words, hope you had/will have fun with this map!
Edited by SOI_7 on Feb 12, 2020 at 05:40 PM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 04:04 AM    Msg. 9 of 10       
Would you happen to have an alternate download source? MEGA fails every time I try to download something from it.

SOI_7

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 06:32 PM    Msg. 10 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Would you happen to have an alternate download source? MEGA fails every time I try to download something from it.

Here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/msnoc99w5qgu912/old_lords_v3.7z/file

I don't have a Mediafire account so this link will expire in 14 days :/

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon August 3, 2020 6:06 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website