A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Custom Tags

Author Topic: Custom Tags (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

TheSuperZombie0

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 01:34 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Hello, I want to use custom tags, but I have no idea how to to compile them to maps. Does anyone how how to use custom tags.

The Master

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 04:11 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=8580
If that doesn't help you make sure to ask again here while being a bit more specific

TheSuperZombie0

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 04:32 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
On this website it says "The game Assets such as scenery objects, weapons, vehicles and the like are contain in "tags" these tags CAN NOT be added to existing map (*.map) files and must be compiled into the maps during creation." I want to know how to compile tags to a map so I can use them.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Can we just be friends? Chill my dudes...

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 06:04 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Firstly, you cannot edit the map file itself. You need the scenario tag file.

My question to you...

a) are you using Halo Custom Edition?
b) do you have the Halo Editing Kit installed?

If you've answered 'YES' for both questions, you can proceed...

If you have Halo Custom Edition, you can access the Halo Editing Kit and install yourself a Tags folder (or get a more improved and updated one from the user: Moses of Egypt [his tags are on his discord, I got kicked out or my link broke you'll have to ask someone else for it if you want the better tags as the stock ones are kind of broken]).

Once you install the Halo Editing Kit, you'll not only have this 'tags' folder where you can create and or edit the tags you want into a map's scenario file, you'll also get three programs that are critical to undertaking this process:

Guerrilla- A tag creator and editor (I suggest finding Kornman00's Guerrilla as it allows you to fiddle with some aspects that are greyed out in the normal Guerrilla)
Sapien- A scenario populator
Tool- A compiler (which in your case, compiles the scenario file and its tag dependencies into a map)

Now, if you're asking about how to do this and you don't have Halo Custom Edition or the Halo Editing Kit... Well... I guess you cannot do it...

OrangeJuice

I'm feeling much better now, thanks!

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 04:17 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
If you're just using pre-made tags you downloaded from other people:

1. Put the tags in the tag folder where they say they belong. Tags should contain a readme file describing where exactly they go.

2. Use Sapien to put those tags into your scenario.

3. Save the scenario then use tool to compile a map file containing that scenario. The map will compile directly into your map folder as whatever the scenario name is in lowercase so PoRkInSenSEN.scenario becomes porkinsensen.map etc etc.

Pretty simple. Just learn what you need to know from the guides. For simple basic modding, all you need to know is how to use sapien and like 3 tool commands
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 18, 2020 at 04:32 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat April 4, 2020 10:42 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website