A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »any good mods available?

Author Topic: any good mods available? (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DOOMMARINE

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 05:41 PM    Msg. 1 of 11       
are there any good campaign mods? i have a window s7 laptop and its asus and this one has the blue ray in it.

are there any good mods out there?

what about weapons pack?

how many mods are coming or active still?

MatthewDratt

TAKEDOWN IS OUT MattDratt.com

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 06:51 PM    Msg. 2 of 11       

MatthewDratt

TAKEDOWN IS OUT MattDratt.com

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 01:38 AM    Msg. 3 of 11       

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 04:05 PM    Msg. 4 of 11       
The Covert Ops campaign is pretty neat in that it implements RPG-style elements and dialogue options. There are six parts (E10, E20, E30, E40, E50, E60).

DOOMMARINE

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 08:24 PM    Msg. 5 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
The Covert Ops campaign is pretty neat in that it implements RPG-style elements and dialogue options. There are six parts (E10, E20, E30, E40, E50, E60).

does the ui of the main menu of halo custom edition support all 6 episodes?

how long is the game total of 6 parts?

MrChromed

Developer on SPv3 and ShadowMods.

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 09:26 PM    Msg. 6 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOMMARINE

You'll need the "Universal UI 1.1", a custom UI that supports a lot of projects made by the modding community, including the Covert Ops campaign: https://haloce3.com/downloads/ui/universal-ui-version-1-1/

DOOMMARINE

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 09:49 PM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: MrChromed
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOMMARINE

You'll need the "Universal UI 1.1", a custom UI that supports a lot of projects made by the modding community, including the Covert Ops campaign: https://haloce3.com/downloads/ui/universal-ui-version-1-1/

cool, how often does the universal U.I 1.1 get updated of maps? does it include all of them?

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Can we just be friends? Chill my dudes...

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 04:28 AM    Msg. 8 of 11       
It's never been updated for like almost a decade or something like that. The mod author is either dead or cannot be bothered.

Plus the few that know, like to remain secretive and not share any tutorials as they need to ensure they're the one and only to have a UI mod... Because you know... If someone else makes a UUI their ego will be hurt or something...?

Before any morons forum bash you, yes, the newest version does support all six missions.

(EDIT: Ignore pebong whatever his name is, Matt's mods are some of the few finest pieces of content you'll find here. That guy just complains about CMT and Cursed Halo because his dodgy OS latex shiny Reach/3 fetish ports don't get as much attention nor are they as popular as other mods)

CMT and Lumoria are also great mods. I also suggest you try out those Flood Exile mods, its a fun new spin on the narrative and well... You play as a damn flood.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Mar 5, 2020 at 04:34 AM

MrChromed

Developer on SPv3 and ShadowMods.

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 10:30 PM    Msg. 9 of 11       
Quote:

Plus the few that know, like to remain secretive and not share any tutorials as they need to ensure they're the one and only to have a UI mod... Because you know... If someone else makes a UUI their ego will be hurt or something...?

That's a bit unfair tbh. UI tutorials are really hard to make because you'll need to cover lots of things and time plays a fundamental factor when you have some other "irl" compromisses. I know because I work with some friends creating our own UI's from scratch (such as the "CEA" UI from our modding team, ShadowMods). It would take a lot of time to cover most of the UI aspects and unfortunately we don't have free time for recording stuff. So no, it's not something related with being "secretive", no need to be that paranoic lmao.

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Can we just be friends? Chill my dudes...

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 12:05 AM    Msg. 10 of 11       
Chrome... I get crap takes time but come on. People have been modding this game for over a decade now and there is literally barely any tutorials or notes on anything. When I mod I make notes as I go (or after I finish a project, I document the steps and reproduce it to see if its correct which takes me an extra 10 minutes). I've literally documented everything throughout my modding journey over the last 5-years and have around 50 note pads with all kinds of instructions ranging from 3DS MAX to Guerrilla to Sapien to Tool. Most of this info doesn't even exist online.

I thought people would be excited to share their knowledge and keep the game alive with non-stop content from so many users. I don't like to wait to be served a silver platter from one author once every ten years, I'd like to do some work myself.

I once asked what tag contains the data to load a scenario and how you should go about scripting it to load it in the menu. Anyone who knows how to do it can easily say: its this tag "____" and the script is "____". Its not like some of us ask for a fully detailed 60 minute long in-depth tutorial.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Mar 7, 2020 at 12:06 AM

OrangeJuice

I'm feeling much better now, thanks!

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 12:31 AM    Msg. 11 of 11       
I have a pbworks wiki. But I almost never update it. It started out as a CHM(windows compiled helpfile) file, then I tried making it as an HTML folder like the original HEK tutorial. Everything. I eventually settled on PBworks

I don't really put tutorials there. Just rudimentary technical stuff like say..... "what each option in the .bitmap tag does" and stuff like that. It's probably only useful to people who've actually used the HEK at least once

Here's a really really incomplete sample: Texture(multipurpose map)

The takeaway is that since I do everything by myself, I have NO direction at all. It helps to have an idea of "what are people trying to do RIGHT NOW" instead of just taking potshot at every little HEK detail without any orders to follow or someone to say "hey work on this right now". Oh and I don't think PBworks is multilanguage, feel free to just clone it and make it a different language
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 7, 2020 at 12:48 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat April 4, 2020 11:01 AM 469 ms.
A Halo Maps Website