A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Screen resolution

Author Topic: Screen resolution (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Mushi

Halo's Ring is just, Awesome.

Posted: Mar 13, 2020 11:38 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Can't find my old topic about this (and search never helps..least for me) so i'll ask again.
Reinstalled halo custom after playing mcc (yes I did enjoy playing) but we can't mod halo ce on mcc yet, reason why I've reinstalled ce but, the screen size is annoying me on how close my gun is.

Any of you peeps know plugins or somethin I can use to make it look a bit normal for me?
Edited by Mushi on Mar 13, 2020 at 11:39 PM

Oskarmandude

Bosnia

Posted: Mar 14, 2020 12:07 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
update to v1.10 and install open sauce. You'll be able to get better resolutions and you can press F7 to change your field of view

OrangeJuice

Still here because their site isn't active either

Posted: Mar 14, 2020 12:11 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Chimera 1.0 by itself

It used to be that you'd install hac2 for the modern comfort features and chimera "build number: ##" at the same time for general fixalls, but now chimera has a 1.0 version that is pretty much just the hac2 project and chimera all in a single plugin.

FOV is now set with:

chimera_fov degrees

It's persistent, so you can set it and forget it

And.. yeah. Opensauce would work too if you're a mapmaker and wanna use OS features in a project. It also has FOV settings just like chimera

Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 14, 2020 at 12:16 AM

Mushi

Halo's Ring is just, Awesome.

Posted: Mar 15, 2020 11:02 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Always forget when I make post..

Tried opensauce (forgot about that too) thanks yall but now I have another problem.

It was a program someone made long ago that I've used to clone myself into the games cutscenes while they play, ever since I updated to 1.10 it no longer works. Don't suppose I can downgrade anytime I want so I can use it again can I? Or maybe someone knows another tool I can use to clone myself?
Edited by Mushi on Mar 15, 2020 at 11:03 PM

Halo CE Noob Modder117

Can we just be friends? Chill my dudes...

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 08:38 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
I guess you could re-install HCE and re-update it to an older version.

You can also copy the folder and make a 2nd HCE directory and update that to 1.10 OS

Correct me if I'm wrong, when I tinkered with the resolution, I cannot remember if it was PRE-OS, didn't some of the HUD elements screw up?

Like the motion tracker sweeper and sniper rifle zoom scope elements were out of place and went all... 'Stuffy'...

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu July 9, 2020 12:12 AM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website