A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Extracting Models from Tags

Author Topic: Extracting Models from Tags (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BaconWizard17

Posted: Apr 17, 2020 06:37 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Hi guys! I had a quick question: How do I extract a model (as in the mesh and texture) from a tag? I want to be able to extract a model so I can edit it. I have Custom Edition and its tools installed, and I tried to open the tag with Tool/Tool++, but that's seemingly only for compiling things. I also tried to open it with Guerilla, but I'm not entirely sure where to go once I've loaded it. I'm assuming that the model is stored in the .gbxmodel file? I couldn't find a tutorial on the matter, so I wanted to ask. Any help is appreciated!

Edited by BaconWizard17 on Apr 17, 2020 at 06:59 PM

OrangeJuice

Still here because your site isn't active either.

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 01:24 AM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Yup. It's the gbxmodel that contains an asset's 3D render model and bones.
collision-geometry tags contain collision.
And the animation_graph file contains multiple individual animation files.

Use the gbxmodel-importer maxscript to get the raw geometry into 3dsmax.
Moses's Editing Kit should contain a collision-geometry importer which does the same for collision geometry.
And I'm sure there's a more modern animation importer than what's provided here on halomaps, but I don't know of any.

BaconWizard17

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 12:31 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Thanks for the help! I was able to locate the script, and it worked great! What about editing the bitmaps/textures? I tried to open the bitmap files with GIMP, but it keeps giving me an error about "image width not specified." Is there a plug in for that, or do I need some other program?

Edit: Never mind, I found the bitmap extractor program! Thanks for the help again!
Edited by BaconWizard17 on Apr 21, 2020 at 12:37 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 25, 2020 4:30 PM 109 ms.
A Halo Maps Website