A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Extracting and importing compressed Halo SPV3 animations into 3DS max?

Author Topic: Extracting and importing compressed Halo SPV3 animations into 3DS max? (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

SgtFlex

Posted: May 13, 2020 01:18 AM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Hi all,

So, sorry if this has been asked before or mentioned somewhere. Recently I've been trying to get all of the Halo SPV3 stuff into 3DSMax to work on a mod elsewhere for a different game. I successfully managed to get their "Flood Jackal" unit with animations and everything, but I started running into issues when attempting to get the Brute. I believe the animations are compressed (unlike the Flood Jackal's) and I'm not sure how to get them decompressed for use. I tried googling to see if people had the same issue but I can't seem to find anything. I'm really a newbie to all of this and still trying to understand how to do things.

This is the error message I get when trying to import "brute_full.model_animations"

For the Flood Jackal, what I exactly did was
1) Extract the .gbxmodel with Refinery
2) Extract the .model_animations with Refinery
3) Import the .gbxmodel using "GBXModel_Importer_v2-0-0.ms" script for 3DSMax
4) Import the .model_animations using "Animation_Importer_v1-0-3.ms" script for 3DSMax

I tried doing those exact steps for the Brute and I encountered that error above.
Edited by SgtFlex on May 13, 2020 at 01:20 AM
Edited by SgtFlex on May 13, 2020 at 01:20 AM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: May 14, 2020 09:11 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
If you are using MEK, it should have an option to decompress them in Mozz.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon May 25, 2020 4:42 PM 140 ms.
A Halo Maps Website