A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Host campaign maps or singleplayer maps on a server?

Author Topic: Host campaign maps or singleplayer maps on a server? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

egordiac

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 10:32 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
I want to play a map called Firefight Descent (which is technically specified as an offline map) with my friend, but the problem is that whenever I specify a gamemode haloceded gives me an exception and crashes, probably because it wasn't meant to play singleplayer/campaign maps. But is it possible? Is there a gamemode that I can download to host those maps on a server?

Update:
Actually no, I've just read an article, saying the ai does not sync over network, so it's impossible.
Edited by egordiac on Jun 15, 2020 at 11:23 AM

MrChromed

Developer on SPv3 and ShadowMods.

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 05:53 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: egordiac

I want to play a map called Firefight Descent (which is technically specified as an offline map) with my friend, but the problem is that whenever I specify a gamemode haloceded gives me an exception and crashes, probably because it wasn't meant to play singleplayer/campaign maps. But is it possible? Is there a gamemode that I can download to host those maps on a server?

Update:
Actually no, I've just read an article, saying the ai does not sync over network, so it's impossible.
Edited by egordiac on Jun 15, 2020 at 11:23 AM

In effect, Firefight Descent was designed and compiled as a singleplayer map so it will automatically crash the game if you try to load the map as a multiplayer one. And yeah, Halo's netcode doesn't support AI sync natively.

Tho, there're some projects that aim to solve this issue and finally be able to sync AI over network. One of those is "Universal AI Sync", originally made by IceCrow14, but now is a project from ShadowMods, a modding team which I'm member. IceCrow14 retired from CE modding but gave us the source code before leaving, so we hope to continue his legacy and improve the code from scratch.

We have some plans to resume the project and some multiplayer Firefight maps we were developing once one of our current projects, Forge for Halo CE, is done

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 06:48 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: MrChromed
We have some plans to resume the project and some multiplayer Firefight maps we were developing once one of our current projects, Forge for Halo CE, is done

I wasn't aware of this. Sounds pretty cool.

egordiac

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 08:09 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: MrChromed

That sounds great, glad this game still has an active modding community.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 12, 2020 6:06 AM 93 ms.
A Halo Maps Website