A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »'Unknown propetry: "name" in undefined' error in 3ds max

Author Topic: 'Unknown propetry: "name" in undefined' error in 3ds max (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

egordiac

Posted: Jun 22, 2020 05:39 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
I was following wildrender's first tutorial on how to make a halo ce map, when he got to the part with Bluestreak's JMS exporter, he saved the file and everything worked for him. But for me, when I clicked the export jms data buttton, it gave me the error:

Unknown propetry: "name" in undefined

The version of my JMS exporter is 1.0.2 (but I have tried with 1.0.1)

OrangeJuice

Still here because their site isn't active either

Posted: Jun 22, 2020 06:33 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
those bluestreak exporters require a few things when exporting map terrain

The level geometry should be linked to an object called frame. Frame doesn't need a material and it doesn't have to be an editable object. Can see if its linked from the scene-explorer(if you're using a newer 3dsmax that has the scene explorer)

The level geometry needs a 'Multi/Sub-Object' material applied to it, halo won't like it if it's using a 'Standard' material

egordiac

Posted: Jun 23, 2020 01:55 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
The level is parented/linked to an object called frame. It also has a multi material attached. Still the same error.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 12, 2020 6:01 AM 94 ms.
A Halo Maps Website