A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo 2 campaign in Halo Custom Edition?

Author Topic: Halo 2 campaign in Halo Custom Edition? (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Gareth17andMinnie14

Finishing this fight

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 07:55 AM    Msg. 1 of 3       
I saw the update for Halo Custom Edition and saw that there is a halo 2 campaign on there including a spv2 which people are working on if anyone is working on it I would love to record/play the actual spv2 for halo 2 to see how good or bad it is, but still I would love to see it happen so how many people would love to see this?

Comment down I would love to see all of you be happy or anyone who has info about this project so please let me know

Sincerely Gareth 17

maoliang

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 07:00 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       

MrChromed

Developer on SPv3 and ShadowMods.

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 07:33 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
There was a project leaded by the old CMT team called "H2SPP". It was an attempt to port the H2 campaign over Custom Edition using SPv3 assets. The project was later cancelled. The biggest problem wasn't just getting AI to pathfind on moving platforms, it was the porting process. Halo 2's engine and editing kit allow many more mistakes to be in models than Halo CE does.

Masterz1337 (SPV3 Project Leader) released a dump with lots of unfinished material on April 4th, 2019. H2SPP was one of them. So you can try to take a look into what was made at the time.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qvdjeo5ohdxdaoo/2013_SPV3%2C_H2SPP%2C_TSCE_Dump_of_maps.rar/file

PS: Anyway, you have H2 Vista/H2 Project Cartographer for Windows, and the current release of Halo 2 on MCC PC. So there's no point to bring the H2 campaign on Custom Edition. It's kinda pointless.
Edited by MrChromed on Jul 1, 2020 at 07:36 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 12, 2020 6:11 AM 93 ms.
A Halo Maps Website