A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo MCC Mods on Halomaps.org

Author Topic: Halo MCC Mods on Halomaps.org (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Disloyal Dashie

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 08:02 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Hello people and moderators. I was wondering why not or if there will ever be MCC PC mods hosted on Halomaps.org and if not why not?
This has always been my favorite place to download halo maps and mods

Pepzee

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 10:51 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
I haven't been following the release of MCC on PC very closely, but has Microsoft released an official editing kit for it? I would think that would be a prerequisite before allowing mods here. Otherwise the mods might be considered unofficial hacks of the game and there could be legal issues with hosting.

Beyond that, regular Halo CE mods haven't been uploaded here since 2016, and it seems unlikely that there will be any new uploads of anything here for the foreseeable future. I'd bet that this website shuts down within the next 10 years versus adding an MCC section.

I hope I'm wrong.

Nickster5000

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 11:50 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
I'm currently working on my own platform which can be found here:https://halomodding.org. Although it doesn't currently support file uploads, it allows anyone to post their projects as a guest, and it allows anyone to apply a set of filters to find what they are looking for.

The Master

Posted: Jul 22, 2020 10:07 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Dennis basically said he's not adding another forum until they release something akin to HEK

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun August 9, 2020 1:37 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website