A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »H2V thoughts...

Author Topic: H2V thoughts... (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MF Boom

I am the bone of my sword...

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 08:36 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Sorry if this isn't in the right place, but, since it does have to do with Map Design and I see no place for H2V topics yet, I just assumed it'd work... Being that HCE has dual wieldable weapons, but they're preset combinations, I thought. With the map editor that H2V is coming out with, and us being able to use tag editors and stuff to create our own weapons. Will the H2V editor allow us to set if our weapon can be dual-wielded and everything? Wouldn't that be so awesome? To set up weapons like Plasma Claws [which won't be as strong or ranged as Plasma Swords] to be dual-wieldable...

Also, does anyone wonder if H2V should allow capabilities to use maps from CE, or at least tags or something from them? I just randomly thought about all of this, and decided H2V should have at least -some- backwards-compatibility. Otherwise, we'd have to play both H2V -AND- HCE, which would be a hassle for those of us who have only so much room for maps...

[Note to Dennis: If this topic is in the wrong place, please, if you would, just move it to the proper board and alert me in a message or something? >.< If it's okay, that is.]
Edited by MF Boom on Apr 25, 2007 at 08:39 PM

H Guru

EHSv3 Coming Soon!

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 08:39 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Quote: I see no place for H2V topics yet

There is a H2V bit

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 08:57 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
Halo 2 Vista has not been released yet so no one can answer your questions. Once it is release the H2V map design section will be unlocked for questions like this.

Any answer by anyone would be pure speculation.

Frozenghost001

Been around the block...

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 09:06 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
well then how come I HAVE H2 VISTA??
Edited by Frozenghost001 on Apr 25, 2007 at 09:07 PM

MF Boom

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 10:00 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Halo 2 Vista has not been released yet so no one can answer your questions. Once it is release the H2V map design section will be unlocked for questions like this.

Any answer by anyone would be pure speculation.

Yes, but that was the point. It was pure speculation and thought, it was about wonder and everything, not fact. It was focused on asking others' opinions on this. o.o; Nothing else.

MF Boom

Posted: Apr 25, 2007 10:11 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Well yea. XD I would hope so, aside from addition of map editor, and enhanced graphics.

Just to make sure I don't break any random rules somehow, unknowingly. Would it be okay to link to direct images of H2V screenshots, to show what I mean by "enhanced graphics"? I don't see any problem, but I want to be safe. =/

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Apr 26, 2007 10:13 AM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: MF Boom
Just to make sure I don't break any random rules somehow, unknowingly.
There are no random rules. The rules are very clear and actually very simple if you want to be sure you don't break them then read them it will take all of two minutes or less and answer your questions.

READ THE RULES: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

MF Boom

Posted: May 5, 2007 12:42 AM    Msg. 8 of 9       
You can dual-wield the same things you can normally in H2 for Xbox, I'm just hoping maybe you can create your own dual-wieldable weaponry, and if so, just imagine CMT maps with Dual-wielded spikers. Muaha. But yea, it is going to be delayed, from what I've heard. GameStop and EBGames [which freakishly enough, both have the same site layout to almost exact detail] won't have the game until the 22nd of this month, and Rhino doesn't seem to exist anymore. As for the pictures, here they are.

And, my favorite level, Ascension.

I think this is all I should post here, just so it's not massively covered in images. =P The graphics are amazing. Xbox version did have good graphics, but if you get a monitor with a DVI port and compatible video card, imagine H2 in HD...

Ah, the hell with it. Two more images to show dual-wielding we've all been waiting for! =P

And for those of you who remember NitrousOxide from H2CE Mapping Team, here's him being killed in H2V!

Edited by MF Boom on May 5, 2007 at 12:47 AM

MF Boom

Posted: May 9, 2007 03:16 AM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Yea, I realized that when I played it again. I always confuse those two for some reason, Lockout is actually my second favorite. Ascension really is my favorite, I just always confuse those two 'cuz the hallways and such. *Shrug.*

As for the pictures being old, I suppose so. But it still shows the glorious detail that makes Xbox's Halo 2 look weak in graphics, and just imagine if you ran this game with a ATI Radeon with CrossFire technology, and a DVI-compatible monitor. >w< God damn, that would just be the best graphics ever.

And yes, NitrousOxide is formerly from the H2CE Map Team. He's now working with Pi Studios and Bungie to create the game and it's map editor. I just thought it was ironic they beat him down. XD

In a side-note, has anyone noticed that the picture with the SMG/Needler combo doesn't have a finished reticle? It has the SMG reticle, but is missing the Needler's reticle in combination with it, and all combos have dual reticles. Which is why the Plasma Rifle/Pistol reticle combo looks weird. Can you imagine the Spiker/SMG reticle? Insane...
Edited by MF Boom on May 9, 2007 at 03:19 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri December 6, 2019 2:56 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website