A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Should I get Halo 2 Vista?

Author Topic: Should I get Halo 2 Vista? (29 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Jay2645

Cortana saw you naked.

Posted: May 20, 2007 05:40 AM    Msg. 1 of 29       
Should I get H2V? From what I've heard, the editing kit (The reason why I want it) sucks, I have the H2 Xbox version, I was a Vista beta tester so I know it sucks, and someone will probably be a releasing a converted H2 Campaign for CE soon. Suprisingly, I'm still wondering if it is worth my 50 bucks. Should I get it?

M6dEEp

Pwnography

Posted: May 20, 2007 02:12 PM    Msg. 2 of 29       
/\ why? and jay im not to sure if i should get it either, I bought a brand new XPS from dell with vista on it and now i dont think it was worth it. the only reason to buy it is

A. you wanna play halo 2 and dont have an xbox

OR

B. you want to ONLY (ONLY) make maps, and custom skyboxes. yep, you read correctly.

not really much to do. you could just get halo and download CE and you can do everything that bungie and gearbox did. but im hearing other things about it sooooo

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: May 22, 2007 10:15 AM    Msg. 3 of 29       
Yeah, and besides, Vista really isn't all that great.

And Halo 2 is a lot funner on Xbox...

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: May 22, 2007 03:16 PM    Msg. 4 of 29       
It was originally made for Xbox. And no, why would I get H2V, it's for Vista, haven't you read my avatar thing?

The only reason why Halo on PC is fun, is because it was originally going to be for Mac and PC.

Jay2645

Cortana saw you naked.

Posted: May 22, 2007 07:38 PM    Msg. 5 of 29       
Yeah, the reason why I'm asking is I live in CA, and can buy it. However, I don't think I am.

Max

Goodbye for a lifetime

Posted: May 22, 2007 09:49 PM    Msg. 6 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: SiMuLaCrUm
Yeah, and besides, Vista really isn't all that great.

And Halo 2 is a lot funner on Xbox...

Actually Vista is all that great. If it's not all that great why the hell do most companies use it and make a damn killing using it? Plus Jo Hahn from Linkin Park uses it.

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: May 22, 2007 10:39 PM    Msg. 7 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: Max
Actually Vista is all that great. If it's not all that great why the hell do most companies use it and make a damn killing using it? Plus Jo Hahn from Linkin Park uses it.

The only reason H2V came out on Vista is to sell. Microsoft though it would make more sales of Vista seeing as Halo 2 is so popular. It's also why DirectX 10 doesn't work on XP.

And I don't care if some rock star uses Vista; it's once again another sales scheme.
Edited by SiMuLaCrUm on May 22, 2007 at 10:40 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: May 23, 2007 10:37 AM    Msg. 8 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: SiMuLaCrUm
The only reason H2V came out on Vista is to sell. Microsoft though it would make more sales of Vista seeing as Halo 2 is so popular. It's also why DirectX 10 doesn't work on XP.
Your assumptions do not exactly have merit. And they are assumptions, let's not forget. The more likely reason that H2 and all new Games in development are made for Vista is that by 2008 (7 months away) XP will be discontinued and no longer sold. see http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/default.mspx From a business perspective it makes no sense to produce a game that will last for 2-4 years for an OS that will be discontinued. The support costs and added development costs for two operating systems would make it hard to support.

Quote: And I don't care if some rock star uses Vista; it's once again another sales scheme.
LOL everything is. In this case it is a better operating system and like it or not all new PC's sold by year end will ship with Vista. I watched this same reaction when Windows 3.1 came out everyone saying DOS was so much better. <laugh>.
Edited by Dennis on May 23, 2007 at 10:39 AM

Orange_Geko

How long since I last used this account?

Posted: May 23, 2007 02:55 PM    Msg. 9 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: Wombat5811
ahhhhhhh windows 3.1 the good old day

was that teh version of windows with that ski game where you try to win and not get eaten by that thing? lol, dogs urinating in teh snow... I realy wish I had that game.. all my childhood memories of running from it lol..

M6dEEp

Pwnography

Posted: May 27, 2007 08:22 PM    Msg. 10 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: Superman1990
no, it sucks real bad, the editor is grotesque.

yeah I'd say, add that AND the fact that we can't legally modify the tools formulate into the worst editing kit ever. if there is a worse one then please tell me...

tygron

Furry and proud :3

Posted: May 27, 2007 09:02 PM    Msg. 11 of 29       
spark edit for PC....

I personally like Vista and H2V.... they both rule.... i'm sure we are passing up something to make custom guns and vehicles.... think about it.... did HCE have custom vehicles when it cam out? NO and H2V just came out.... give it time!

Rm860

Dennis sleeps like this!

Posted: May 27, 2007 10:10 PM    Msg. 12 of 29       
How H2V is now i don't want to buy it. Seems a little lame.

It really turns me off because those who use controlers get auto-aim and get a total advantage in multiplayer. Worse you can't make to so people using controlers can't join servers. Alot of people will be using the controlers just for auto-aim

Rm860

Dennis sleeps like this!

Posted: May 28, 2007 07:28 PM    Msg. 13 of 29       
ROLF playing halo with a camecube controler. that sounds fantastic and fun.

but not for the N64 controler, it was the worst controler ever built besides the xbox. I totally hate the original xbox controler.

yes i hope they give people an unlocked H2 Hek. Untill they do that i won't buy h2. I am already disapointed that they did that

KIWIDOGGIE

Loves To PWN

Posted: Jul 17, 2007 06:57 AM    Msg. 14 of 29       
Get it because its a great game. Also ive glitched every map and they have added little patches but forgot to fix some

KIWIDOGGIE

Loves To PWN

Posted: Jul 18, 2007 02:10 PM    Msg. 15 of 29       
I would say Get Both, Because you can use malicious maps on pc and since its a map you cant get banned. (duel snipe zbe_soda for me)

tygron

Posted: Jul 18, 2007 03:25 PM    Msg. 16 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: Rm860
How H2V is now i don't want to buy it. Seems a little lame.

It really turns me off because those who use controlers get auto-aim and get a total advantage in multiplayer. Worse you can't make to so people using controlers can't join servers. Alot of people will be using the controlers just for auto-aim

no you don't hav an advantage.... you have some but not much..... trust me I have a controller and i like it better because it feels like halo.... i'll get back to the mouse sometime.... maybe after I beat campagn again with the controller.

Don't call me a cheater.... it's my choice if i wana use a controller or not.

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Jul 18, 2007 11:37 PM    Msg. 17 of 29       
The auto aim is very minimal, barely noticeable, not an aimbot.

Kiwi, you can still get banned for modded maps, if they used a hacked HEK to be made. Watch out. You can even get banned for playing them, or doing nothing wrong at all, if too many people start making maps that go around the HEK. It happened a while ago for the Xbox, too many modders, banhammer just started flying. My friend got banned, and so did his friend. (Then he started softmodding in custom games lol)

tygron

Posted: Jul 18, 2007 11:55 PM    Msg. 18 of 29       
I hate when that this is thrown... you never know who it's gonna hit.

EDIT: Auto aim? pft what auto aim..... yeh there slight auto aim... but it's not enough to be called "bot" ... i've seen what looks to be like bots though.... god I hope not. (gotta love the betrayal eject thing)
Edited by tygron on Jul 18, 2007 at 11:58 PM

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 12:00 AM    Msg. 19 of 29       
Yes thats amazing... Also, its just fun to do to your teammates if you're all friends and are messing around...

tygron

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 12:08 AM    Msg. 20 of 29       
Nah I did it to like 5 people in a shottie no shield 5 flag capture ctf earlier.... i don't care if they meant to.... 2 of them did it in the base to me at the same time while I was t bagging a blue. (beaver creek) then I ejected them..... i don't care... tk me... ur out. lol.

I've never been ejected though.. wonder what it tells you when you are ejected. It's my favorite feature and a must have in all fps's when team mates go idiot.

This makes H2V a must have game. (to be on topic.)

KIWIDOGGIE

Loves To PWN

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 06:54 AM    Msg. 21 of 29       
Yes the autoaim sucks because you do most of the aiming yourelf... it will stick to the person if you are dead close but then you can melee and whats the point. Also you can use mods on self created maps ^^ because its a part of the map.

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 10:15 AM    Msg. 22 of 29       
Quote: --- Original message by: tygron
Nah I did it to like 5 people in a shottie no shield 5 flag capture ctf earlier.... i don't care if they meant to.... 2 of them did it in the base to me at the same time while I was t bagging a blue. (beaver creek) then I ejected them..... i don't care... tk me... ur out. lol.

I've never been ejected though.. wonder what it tells you when you are ejected. It's my favorite feature and a must have in all fps's when team mates go idiot.

This makes H2V a must have game. (to be on topic.)

It says you have been booted from the game press ___ to continue.

And kiwi, I'm telling you, you can still get banned for it.
Edited by Caboose117 on Jul 19, 2007 at 10:16 AM

KIWIDOGGIE

Loves To PWN

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 04:02 PM    Msg. 23 of 29       
dude i have played with bungie ppl on my modded map. I used the locked HEK and made it so its 100% leagal.

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 04:13 PM    Msg. 24 of 29       
If you read my first post, I said with a modified HEK. And how exactly do you know they're bungie? Dont tell me that it says bungie.net behind their name....

tygron

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 04:26 PM    Msg. 25 of 29       
BTW what does that mean? I've seen it in video's but never understood it...

KIWIDOGGIE

Loves To PWN

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 04:37 PM    Msg. 26 of 29       
the mods are modding to give yourself an unfair advantage to youself or team. My map gives this unfair advantage to everyone so it is fair

tygron

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 07:33 PM    Msg. 27 of 29       
Just because it's fair doesn't mean it's legal...

so what about the bungie things in their names in halo 2?

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 10:40 PM    Msg. 28 of 29       
I dont know if it is for Windows Live/H2V, but in H2 for the Xbox, if you made an account on bungie.net and linked it to your gamertag, in the lobby and stuff it has bungie.net behind the gamertag.

Kiwi, read what I am saying. You can get banned for mods if they used a hacked H2EK, and maybe even if they don't. It is possible that you get banned for no apparent reason. Just cuz its fair doesn't mean the banhammer will miss you. Nor does it mean MS will miss your 60 dollars a year...

tygron

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 11:22 PM    Msg. 29 of 29       
LOL I don't pay, but ok that makes sence about the bnet thing.... It looks cool... but not exactly.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 8:41 AM 1,203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website