A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »The Importance of the Oddball Game Type in Halo 2 Vista

Author Topic: The Importance of the Oddball Game Type in Halo 2 Vista (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jun 18, 2007 01:54 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
When designing a map for the Halo 2 for Windows Vista game it is important to include the settings and object placement for the Oddball game type. That means placing the Oddball in the map. I know you are wondering why I say this so let me explain.

Bungie was kind enough to include the "Oddball glitch" in the Halo 2 Vista game. The glitch allows you a method of discarding your weapons and removing the first person hands and weapons from the screen. When you take a screenshot, the [F11] key, the screenshot is written to the drive without the HUD interface and if you have no weapons without the first person hands. So you get a clean unobstructed view of the scene.

Here at Halo Maps we are in the process of developing a more extensive image gallery of the maps for Halo 2 Vista and will be taking many more screenshots to show off the design of user created maps. Having high-resolution screenshots without first person hands will allow us to better show off the designs of the maps.

The Oddball Glitch:
Start an Oddball game with the Plasma Pistol as your primary weapon and "None" as your secondary weapon.

Overcharge the Plasma Pistol by holding down the trigger. Then, with the gun still charged, pick up the Oddball. Next, drop the Oddball. Due to this glitch, you will actually drop your Plasma Pistol as well.

tygron

Furry and proud :3

Posted: Jun 18, 2007 07:31 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Thats intresting, but the other day I saw a game where there were no starting weapons and only pistols on the map. This was done on the new city map (can't remember the name.... it's not uplift) I was confused on how they did that. If you need more info then; yes there were vehicles and there were teams... thats all I remember.

Thanks Dennis, this will help if i ever get some people to do some michinima in halo 2.

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Jun 18, 2007 07:54 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
When designing a map for the Halo 2 for Windows Vista game it is important to include the settings and object placement for the Oddball game type. That means placing the Oddball in the map. I know you are wondering why I say this so let me explain.

Bungie was kind enough to include the "Oddball glitch" in the Halo 2 Vista game. The glitch allows you a method of discarding your weapons and removing the first person hands and weapons from the screen. When you take a screenshot, the [F11] key, the screenshot is written to the drive without the HUD interface and if you have no weapons without the first person hands. So you get a clean unobstructed view of the scene.

Here at Halo Maps we are in the process of developing a more extensive image gallery of the maps for Halo 2 Vista and will be taking many more screenshots to show off the design of user created maps. Having high-resolution screenshots without first person hands will allow us to better show off the designs of the maps.

The Oddball Glitch:
Start an Oddball game with the Plasma Pistol as your primary weapon and "None" as your secondary weapon.

Overcharge the Plasma Pistol by holding down the trigger. Then, with the gun still charged, pick up the Oddball. Next, drop the Oddball. Due to this glitch, you will actually drop your Plasma Pistol as well.

Is this still able to be done with a flag and bomb? I know it was in H2 for the Xbox, but I'm curious if it is still possible in H2V, just to let those players out there know.

corndogman939

Using the same avatar since 2007

Posted: Jul 16, 2007 01:41 AM    Msg. 4 of 12       
so thats how they made them have no weapons in RvB. i never knew that. wow i learned something.....again!

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Aug 2, 2007 02:24 PM    Msg. 5 of 12       
SP only item.... It should be in Vista.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 2, 2007 04:05 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Remember that when filming for machinima the HUD is still there. There is just no first person hands. It is only the Screenshot [F11] key that saves a picture without the HUD.

Rm860

Dennis sleeps like this!

Posted: Aug 2, 2007 10:08 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Remember that when filming for machinima the HUD is still there. There is just no first person hands. It is only the Screenshot [F11] key that saves a picture without the HUD.

i still think that is just wierd.

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Aug 3, 2007 12:31 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Lol, it is... Having the HUD there isn't a big deal though, You can take off shields and other stuff to remove the amount of the HUD on screen, but the score and radar will always be there... Just deal with it.

KIWIDOGGIE

Loves To PWN

Posted: Aug 3, 2007 12:36 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       
i have created a "RemoveHUD" for h2v but it drops your framerate below 10(choppy) it rapidly presses the F11 and records the results to a .avi. Droped it because it just sucks

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Sep 1, 2007 11:12 PM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Wilsons Dead
Actually you can drop your weapon using anything.. even another weapon.
But its kinda harder so I think its just good to stick to the oddball/ bomb.

You can, but 99% of the time you pick up that weapon, and then are stuck with it....

KIWIDOGGIE

Loves To PWN

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 11:12 AM    Msg. 11 of 12       
with H2KM00.exe or I program my own?

who you be?

GameCreat0r

"Perhaps the ending has not yet been written..."

Posted: Nov 20, 2010 07:44 AM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Isn't there any flycam for halo 2? Meaning a free moveble cam like you have that in sapien.

(I miss the console mode already btw. In halo ce you just use debug_camera_save and debug_camera_load. Or you would just use an utility.)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed March 29, 2017 8:40 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website