A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »could we have these in halo? its what we need.....

Author Topic: could we have these in halo? its what we need..... (22 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

zsdg06

Steam - zsdg07 | Xfire - zsdg06

Posted: Jun 22, 2007 04:13 AM    Msg. 1 of 22       
halo would be a much better place with these.....

this one is a bit big for the forums:
http://concours.smugmug.com/photos/55849553-D.jpg

you get my drift right ppl.....i'd love it if it happened....

we could make like a race track map.....if any1 thinks we could start a project for racing maps.....i'd be happy to help.
Edited by zsdg06 on Jun 22, 2007 at 04:32 AM

zsdg06

Steam - zsdg07 | Xfire - zsdg06

Posted: Jun 22, 2007 04:35 AM    Msg. 2 of 22       
how can you not be a fan of racing games....

well...I only got halo because tomdoml made me....but I suppose its not that bad.....

RACING GAMES OWN!
seriously.....

Wolf_

Posted: Jun 22, 2007 05:48 AM    Msg. 3 of 22       
all three can be done.

Caboose117

Seriously guys?

Posted: Jun 22, 2007 09:09 AM    Msg. 4 of 22       
This was an idea of mine a while ago.... Kinda got sidetracked lol.... I have a lot of models bookmarked... Ferarri Enzo, Mustang, Shelby Cobra, Supra... I think you see...

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Jun 22, 2007 12:38 PM    Msg. 5 of 22       
i dunno if these will help as ive never checked models for errors but here.

http://files.filefront.com/ferrari360Modenazip/;7854659;;/fileinfo.html

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Jun 22, 2007 01:15 PM    Msg. 6 of 22       
those r just bitmaps and the pollygon cruncher foer 3ds max takes care of too many pollys.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Jun 22, 2007 07:23 PM    Msg. 7 of 22       
http://www.mootools.com/plugins/us/polygoncruncher/index.asp

it will if u use it too much but it can work wonders without really screwing the models.
Edited by Maniac1000 on Jun 22, 2007 at 07:24 PM
Edited by Maniac1000 on Jun 22, 2007 at 07:25 PM

Bugnotnotthegreat

Big smoke. Remember that name.

Posted: Mar 4, 2017 04:45 AM    Msg. 8 of 22       
You will probably never see this but there are halo maps that try to be like racing games.

FtDSpartn

Thank you.

Posted: Mar 4, 2017 05:10 AM    Msg. 9 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bugnotnotthegreat
You will probably never see this but there are halo maps that try to be like racing games.

Could you stop bumping months/years old posts?

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Mar 4, 2017 06:13 PM    Msg. 10 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
Quote: --- Original message by: Bugnotnotthegreat

Could you stop bumping months/years old posts?

In this case, decade.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 12:51 PM    Msg. 11 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
those r just bitmaps and the pollygon cruncher foer 3ds max takes care of too many pollys.

Did negan (sshers) go back in time or something???

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 03:16 PM    Msg. 12 of 22       
Dennis can you please implement an autolock for threads over a year old, because this is just stupid and it needs to stop.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 05:04 PM    Msg. 13 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Dennis can you please implement an autolock for threads over a year old, because this is just stupid and it needs to stop.

*Inactive for a year*, otherwise, rip semi-official WIP topic

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 11:27 AM    Msg. 14 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

That doesn't make much sense though. Let me make an example; what if a thread had been created to tackle a very specific issue which HAS NOT been covered else where and a year or so later some random researching the very same issue happens to stumble upon the thread but requires a little more assistance or direction with he/she's "issue".

Who is he/she supposed to contact in order to resolve their problem if the thread had been autolocked?

Sure a new thread could be created but it would mean far more duplicatory clutter.

Perhaps a compromise between "no access to old threads" and "full access to old threads" would be a special submission post type system in which a registered forum user would have to submit he or she's post in order to havenit be approved by the sites admin/moderator therefore allowing or disallowing the revival of ancient threads.

Although it would mean more work for our already time oppressed moderator.....so.

I haven't really solved anything.

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 08:43 AM    Msg. 15 of 22       
Those are some seriously ugly cars you have there, well of the 2 images that aren't broken, I'm assuming the broken image is another ugly car.

Might as well make a Nissan Leaf and put it in halo.

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 03:01 PM    Msg. 16 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
Those are some seriously ugly cars you have there, well of the 2 images that aren't broken, I'm assuming the broken image is another ugly car.

Woah, woah the zonda I could understand being labeled as "striking" but ugly???

And as for thr CLK GTR you just deserve a backhander.

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 03:14 PM    Msg. 17 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

They're extremely busy, the headlights look silly, the doors are ridiculous, the mirrors look like they want to snap off, there's a single windshield wiper which looks just wrong, the spoiler makes the car look like it has brain damage, the scoop on the roof doesn't make any sense and just makes it uglier, and finally the hood ornament looks extremely out of place. I wouldn't be caught dead in one of these let alone driving one.

Why does this belong in halo? That makes 0 sense. An ugly car that's not even a popular style or model in a futuristic military game where you fight aliens that no one plays anymore? Why? for what purpose?

FtDSpartn

Thank you.

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 03:42 PM    Msg. 18 of 22       

They're extremely busy, the headlights look silly, the doors are ridiculous, the mirrors look like they want to snap off, there's a single windshield wiper which looks just wrong, the spoiler makes the car look like it has brain damage, the scoop on the roof doesn't make any sense and just makes it uglier, and finally the hood ornament looks extremely out of place. I wouldn't be caught dead in one of these let alone driving one.

Why does this belong in halo? That makes 0 sense. An ugly car that's not even a popular style or model in a futuristic military game where you fight aliens that no one plays anymore? Why? for what purpose?

Hope you realize this was ten years ago this was posted. More people played back then.

As for the reason for wanting this in Halo? For a map such as Chronopolis, I would guess.

Banshee64

oify

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 04:10 PM    Msg. 19 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn

Hope you realize this was ten years ago this was posted. More people played back then.

As for the reason for wanting this in Halo? For a map such as Chronopolis, I would guess.

nope no one ever played halo ce

The Master

~En Lepanto la victoria y la muerte en Trafalgar~

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 04:22 PM    Msg. 20 of 22       
Now this is what I'd call necrobumping

OrangeJuice

I laugh at people who put STUDIOS in their name.

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 04:22 PM    Msg. 21 of 22       
Yup, I have to call bull

Before halo custom edition went ``Spanish only ``. English speaking Pirates and YouTubers would often advertise this game as a ...And I quote:
`` less-laggy version of HaloPC.``

Most of the time they would decidedly leave out the little detail about Halo Custom Edition being used to make and play custom maps. In my honest opinion, if people aren't playing in custom maps, they aren't really playing Halo Custom Edition.

I even rallied for it a few times, but you know those 5 or 6 dead clans with the hundreds of numbered permanently-hosted DG, CE, FD, and Realworder servers that see always empty? They have the audacity to defend their mistreatment of the game by calling it ``we host ONLY popular maps`` . I see why they're all dead clans :P. Circular dependency arguments are for teenagers and dumb students. No grasp of marketing or demographic research at all. They probably still think that the whole ``Buy Low Sell High`` mentality works outside of videogame MMOs. Do I hear a defense? Nope!

And don't even get me started on POQ. They have the nerve to host modded stock maps(Halo PC FILTH) in our oh-so-precious Halo Custom Edition

So yeah. No one ever played Halo Custom Edition.
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 9, 2017 at 04:43 PM

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 05:19 PM    Msg. 22 of 22       
well I mean who plays the 1000th super authentic cqc map with a vanilla tagset

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon August 21, 2017 1:51 PM 578 ms.
A Halo Maps Website