A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ghost901
About Contact
Last Post: May 1, 2019 08:15 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 23
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
ghost901 has contributed to 75 posts out of 468961 total posts (.02%) in 3,370 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo FTW and FTW 2 Development Builds May 1, 2019 08:15 PM (Total replies: 11)

I've converted these too run in Custom Edition in the past.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to PC Mar 24, 2019 04:24 PM (Total replies: 76)

Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
I have to formally side with DeadHamster on this one. They clearly state that Security/Stability is their primary focus and that development tools "are options they are looking at". Nothing about that statement indicates it will happen.

As said before, Microsoft ultimately does not want mod tools to end up in our hands. From a logistic and financial standpoint, what would Microsoft gain from allowing a full unlocked HEK to be released with MCC? It hurts their franchise and in the end, would render any future Halo PC useless, as you would quite literally give the "best" of the community, a way to introduce future content right inside of MCC. This would make the profit of future titles very slim. Indeed it would please the community, but it would also hurt it as well.

Halo and HEK are and can be, a double edged sword for the PC Community. Microsoft also has a proven track record or retconning anything that doesn't fit their agenda. Whether it's backpedaling on another developers promise or their own internal studio.

That didn't stop the sales of past Halo games. What makes you think that it'll be any different this time?

The leadership from back then is hugely different from the one in charge right now.
Edited by ghost901 on Mar 24, 2019 at 04:26 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: The Barron

I want to try playing halo before this MCCPC drops. Anyone know any good programs for adjusting the FOV and resolution? I would guess Yelo but idk how that works.

Dennis if you're reading this: howdy partner, hope your doing well.
I'll buy you a pizza, or a beer. You deserve it.
Edited by The Barron on Mar 14, 2019 at 09:27 PM

Chimera

Quote:

What is Chimera?
Chimera is a mod that adds many enhancements and fixes to Halo Custom Edition. Many things that were not thought to be possible are present in Chimera, such as interpolation. Note that this is not an exhaustive list.
Here are features that are automatically enabled:
Fast loading - This provides a speedup to Halo’s startup time, similar to HAC2’s map cache.
Aim assist fix - This enables and fixes aim assist for gamepad users.
Automatically enable the console - Enable console without -console.
Console fade out fix - Fixes the fading out issues with the console at high frame rates.
Console history enhancement - Opening the console re-shows messages that had faded out.
Here are some of the features which can be turned on:
Interpolation - chimera_interpolate and chimera_uncap_cinematic
Granular mouse sensitivity - chimera_mouse_sensitivity
Widescreen fix - chimera_widescreen_fix
Sniper HUD fix - chimera_widescreen_scope_fix and chimera_sniper_hud_fix
Retail map compatibility - See Retail Map Compatibility (requires Monolith)
There are also some aspects of Halo you can turn off:
Pointless gametype indicator - chimera_block_gametype_indicator
Unwanted mouse acceleration - chimera_block_mouse_acceleration
Obstructive loading screens in multiplayer - chimera_skip_loading
Annoying server messages - chimera_block_server_messages
Laggy vSync - chimera_block_vsync
Blurry scopes - chimera_block_zoom_blur
Chimera also has some features with Xbox users in mind:
HUD kill feed - chimera_hud_kill_feed
Safe zones - chimera_safe_zones
Simplified score screen - chimera_simple_score_screen
Split screen HUD - chimera_split_screen_hud

Biggest feature is Interpolation. This pretty much means animations and such are no longer stuck at 30FPS. You can read more about chimera here. You'll find all the commands for FOV and such right there.

You might also want to pair it up with HAC for automatic in-game map downloading.

Just make sure to put both files inside the controls folder that's inside you custom edition directory.

Edited by ghost901 on Mar 15, 2019 at 03:45 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to PC Mar 13, 2019 11:35 PM (Total replies: 76)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
I think it is in Microsoft’s best interest to release some form of editing kit. Doesn’t necesairly have to be released right away with the game. In any regard, people will have an interest in reverse engineering the game, so might as well give them what they want.

I highly doubt this for one reason; Why would they? Who even has the talent to make custom content for the Halo 3, Reach or 4 Engine, both of which are completely proprietary and have never been used by anyone outside Bungie/343 before? And if there are a few people out there, are those people Microsoft's Target Demographic?

They're releasing this to boost the Windows platform, and to draw in gamers. Not game designers. That's why they mentioned NOTHING about custom content, that's why they said nothing about an editing kit.

And how would such an editing kit even work? They'd have to release 5 kits, for Reach, 1, 2, 3/ODST and 4. None of them would be compliant with the others.

If it happens it's a miracle, but there's a reason they haven't talked about it. Best case to look into is the Anniversary map format, and creating a converter or compiler to let us load custom .map files in the Halo 1 Anniversary engine. This community burned it's goodwill with Microsoft by stealing their crap for the past 15 years and releasing it for free.

Edited by DeadHamster on Mar 13, 2019 at 05:24 PM

They loose nothing by releasing the tools for Halo 1 anniversary multiplayer. Which is based off the Gearbox PC port. They probably wouldn't even need to create much documentation since that is already taken care of by Halo Custom Edition.

I'm sure they could draw in even more attention by giving us the ability to load custom edition maps in H1A multiplayer. A blog post they posted a few months ago talked about Kornman looking into doing just that.

The obstacles they pointed out that were preventing them from loading them on Xbox don't really exist on PC.

Anyone here know where to get all the documentation Kornman provided in regards to the Halo CE engine? The wiki he provided seems to be long dead.

Contacting him is out of the question since he's currently working for 343i on fixing the Halo 1 portion of the MCC.
Edited by ghost901 on Jun 14, 2018 at 12:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Jul 23, 2017 07:32 PM (Total replies: 99)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Run the mek_installer and tell it to update. That'll fix it. If it doesnt, clear your python pip cache and run it again.

It's still not working I'm afraid.

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Jul 23, 2017 06:45 PM (Total replies: 99)

Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Halo CE General Discussion » Cant run Halo for PC multiplayer mode Jun 12, 2017 09:42 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe

Quote: --- Original message by: ghost901
If that's the case then maybe you should actually be helpful by linking him to the correct place instead of calling me out?

I had already been helpful. You see, there is an underlying issue that takes priority over spoon-feeding him. That is that he seems unaware of how to use a search engine. You can spoon-feed people if you want to, but next time I'd advise giving them what they want to eat instead of assuming.

Edited by not giraffe on Jun 12, 2017 at 06:15 PM

I didn't realize there was a rule against helping members out. The dude asked for help so I did exactly that.

If you don't like that then just stop posting.
Edited by ghost901 on Jun 12, 2017 at 09:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Cant run Halo for PC multiplayer mode Jun 12, 2017 12:20 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe

Quote: --- Original message by: marcelo_neri
R93_Sniper

How can I do that?

Halo CE 1.0.10

Perhaps...
Just maybe...
If only...

You read the title of the topic or the topic itself, then you might have realized he isn't asking for the CE update.

If that's the case then maybe you should actually be helpful by linking him to the correct place instead of calling me out?

http://halo.bungie.net/images/games/halopc/patch/110/halopc-patch-1.0.10.exe
Edited by ghost901 on Jun 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Cant run Halo for PC multiplayer mode Jun 12, 2017 02:17 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: marcelo_neri
R93_Sniper

How can I do that?

Halo CE 1.0.10

Edited by ghost901 on Jun 12, 2017 at 02:28 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Jun 10, 2017 04:56 AM (Total replies: 99)

Ran into the energy sword bug.

All tags are stock extracted with Refinery.

It seems to occur on that one instance.
Edited by ghost901 on Jun 10, 2017 at 06:00 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] HAC 2 alpha/preview May 4, 2017 05:19 PM (Total replies: 256)

Quote: --- Original message by: bandinada5
I'm having issues with HAC not saving changes to preferences.ini. Anyone having this problem?

yeah, i was having same problem before... i downloaded from http://blog.haloanticheat.com/ it won't save any preference you saved like custom chat, font size, etc...

but i fixed it, with replace the loader.dll file from my friend... try this http://puu.sh/vdzFN/a6e5762481.rar

I'm still having issues with this version. Anyone here on the latest windows 10 version having the same problem?

EDIT
This is odd. It seems to only want to make changes to preferences when I'm in a online game.
Edited by ghost901 on May 4, 2017 at 09:58 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
if you wanted to play the campaign, you'd need to download all the campaign map files (I'm sure someone can link you to good default campaign files for CE).

blam! Austen1000's port
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=41DF5C16DBA4CA20%21554&cid=41DF5C16DBA4CA20

The scripts for these maps are broken.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] HAC 2 alpha/preview Apr 13, 2017 05:18 PM (Total replies: 256)

I'm having issues with HAC not saving changes to preferences.ini. Anyone having this problem?

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC Dec 10, 2016 02:47 PM (Total replies: 4)

heh

That same link on Modacity was down earlier today

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC Dec 10, 2016 01:23 PM (Total replies: 4)

Anyone have a copy they can upload? Links are all down.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 25, 2016 02:53 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
My MacBook Pro 13 inch model generally gets 60 fps at 1920 x 1080 in SPV3.

The second BSP area in Halo (second mission) brings me down to about 20 fps at times.

It's definitely something engine/OS related.

Only in that particular area though. My framerate is in the 200s everywhere else.

This seems to be beyond CMTs help since the engine was only designed to run on single core processors.
Edited by ghost901 on Jun 25, 2016 at 03:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 25, 2016 11:42 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: sbdjazz
Wether an engine will perform optimally or not is no where related to the age of the engine. A good comparison is IGI 2 and COD AW. IGI 2 runs well on even oldest of machines but COD AW lags like hell on top config PCs as well. SPV3s performance is not related to how old an engine it uses, considering it runs perfectly on my pc.

Not exactly true. Take CryEngine 2 for example, its an unoptimized engine that still struggles to this day to run efficently (eg Crysis). Considering DaLode has actually built an engine in the past, he may know a thing or two!!

That's not really a good example because my old 750ti can handle it maxed out with a decent framerate.

A better example would be the source 1 engine that is for the most part still largely single threaded.
Edited by ghost901 on Jun 25, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 25, 2016 02:07 AM (Total replies: 12123)

So where do we post bug reports? When I exited a wraith in a30, I clipped through the map and crashed.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo CE Restoration Mod Jun 21, 2016 11:54 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: LegitGameReviews
The bump mapped glass works on HPC, but not HCE. Boot up HPC, go to B40, look in the first hallway you enter after point insertion. You can see the glass looks super nice. Yet the same shader in HCE "looks like a rainbow". If you look at the Halo 2 E3 demo, you can see this same "rainbow glass" error there as well. In fact many games have this error, as funny as that is. Is there a fix? Nope.

As for bump mapped shader_enviroments, you get limited functionality and that's all. This doesn't mean all hope is lost for them though. I have tried fixing Bungie's shaders in the past and the results are promising. No hacks needed. You just need to know what you're doing inside the shader. The main method is simply cranking up the specularity, but you must do so with finesse. On top of that, changing the blending mode to blended base specular usually offers pretty great results. Again, do so with finesse.

Do not release this fix as a map(s). Release it as individual files that people can apply to their maps. You know, like how the people you stole that AR multi restore did it.

I haven't had that glass issue for years now.

I converted this map directly from HPC by internalizing every tag and changing the map header to HCE.

I don't any have screenshots from back then but they certainty showed the rainbow effect.

Can anyone here direct me to a map that has this issue? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Edited by ghost901 on Jun 22, 2016 at 07:56 PM

Time: Sat May 25, 2019 10:18 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website