A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Spartan314
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
Interests: I have interests.
Your Age: Unofficial adult
What Games do you play: All Halo on PC, Assassins' Creed (up until III), Age of Mythology, Batman Arkham
Former biped rigger & FP animator

Post Statistics
Spartan314 has contributed to 5633 posts out of 467819 total posts (1.20%) in 3,042 days (1.85 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

How did you manage the animations for the bipeds?

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3ish Video Casting Call Dec 11, 2018 06:46 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
It's way stupider

I've changed my mind.
I would participate in this.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3ish Video Casting Call Dec 9, 2018 10:56 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
absolute failures like myself who produce garbage

While your enthusiasm is very commendable I must ask: Why do you keep doing this self-deprecating thing?
Do you have low self esteem or something
It's really not necessary, everybody was a beginner at some point
Unless that's your fetish, in which case is understandable I guess, power to you and all that

I could participate in this
Sounds fun

Halo CE General Discussion » Air/Ground Player Hybrid Dec 1, 2018 03:30 AM (Total replies: 5)

bumped for cool content

notice me odx senpai

Discord?
Otherwise just making a project thread here is best.

I don't actually know if ticks are the proper term but I'd guess it has a correlation with the FPS.
30 ticks in a second... 30 frames in a second...
Possibly one the many(?) reasons why Halo CE was locked to 30 fps
Michelle'll correct me if I'm wrong

I wouldn't necessarily say it's a universal mode of time

Also I know nothing about scripting
But I'd also guess that sleep 800 would mean you'd be waiting 800 ticks before moving to the next part of the script
800/30 = 26 + 1/3 seconds
Edited by Spartan314 on Nov 20, 2018 at 08:40 AM

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Give a man some ticks, and you flea him for a lifetime.

Halo CE General Discussion » Air/Ground Player Hybrid Nov 19, 2018 06:38 AM (Total replies: 5)

Don't think I've ever seen something like this
This is cool
Nice that you got it syncing across all clients

If you think you've got it bad now just think how much fiddling around the people 10 years ago had to do.
If you're green with 3DSMax then great you've identified an area that you're open to improvement.
Go for it

Or as Nick said just do whatever it is interests you
There's no school for this stuff

If you're completely green to Halo CE starting off with editing a biped model would be pretty advanced imo
Even just importing a box model to replace the AR would be good to see how the guerilla structures are set up.
Watching tutorials on youtube are how I got into the whole FP weapon thing

Have you ever tried making custom animations
First person ones are a great place to start

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 E3 Demo (and more) Walkthrough Stream Nov 15, 2018 09:37 AM (Total replies: 2)

Incredible

See if there's a checkbox for two-sided or something in .scenery
Not entirely sure but I recall seeing something like that somewhere in Guerilla

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 11, 2018 09:40 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Currently, we hope to track individual unique users which is a much better metric, and hopefully how often they go to play too. I want to do more advanced metric tracking, but of course there are the privacy issues related to that and public trust.

So uh, why would you need this information?

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Nov 8, 2018 03:16 AM (Total replies: 88)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tachikoma
n-no? How could I ever throw shade at the literal god emperor, the owner of everyone's content? I didn't mean to credit t3h lag, Bob, Dano, or any of those GROSS, THIEVING people. Of course all credit goes to Masterz1337, the real author of all that content. My apologies, won't happen again.

Hah
Good meme

People used to use Mediafire all the time

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Nov 6, 2018 03:22 AM (Total replies: 88)

"respective assets"
are you throwing shade lol

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 4, 2018 09:51 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
It uses a custom version of Open Sauce that breaks compatibility with older maps and also needs a specific version of Chimera. 3.2 Will have new safeguards to prevent people from merging it with the CE directory, and also stores data differently in a way that will make it incompatible with stock CE.

Ok so I actually didn't know this, have you mentioned this on the forums before?

Halo CE General Discussion » Dissapointed By CMT SPV3 Developers Nov 4, 2018 07:19 AM (Total replies: 5)

Sphinxbio forever

Time: Tue December 18, 2018 11:17 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website