A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MatthewDratt
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 7, 2017 11:32 PM
Location: MatthewDratt on Skype/Steam. MattDratt#8783 on Discord
Interests: Takedown/Lumoria/CE3
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: Games are for geeks
CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com

Post Statistics
MatthewDratt has contributed to 4823 posts out of 464824 total posts (1.04%) in 2,650 days (1.82 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Generalkidd
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

I'm using HHT and Eschaton

well that's your issue
Edited by MatthewDratt on Dec 7, 2017 at 06:47 PM

What would you recommend I use then?

Halo Custom Edition + HEK

I'm using HHT and Eschaton

well that's your issue
Edited by MatthewDratt on Dec 7, 2017 at 06:47 PM

When placing a biped theres a spot for "desired permutation".

Look in the model. The permutation is usually numbered

Halo CE General Discussion » Is Modacity dead Nov 26, 2017 11:04 PM (Total replies: 15)

Did you contact the server administrator?

So a few notes on the CE3 related side of things.

HMU is coming this December. Final chance to upload maps here: http://haloce3.com/hmu/

I have 55 files in the archive so be patient. Most should get up this week hopefully... After this HMU, any files uploaded will be pushed to the 2018 awards.

Once the HMU airs, there will be 2 rounds of voting for the CE3 award shows this year.

Round 1 will include all eligible projects/maps/etc.
Round 2 will narrow everything to the top 5-10 (depending on how packed that category is).

Categories are: Best Modified Multiplayer, Original Multiplayer, Tag, Modified Singleplayer, Original Singleplayer, Best Community Member, Best Halo CE-Related Youtube Video or Series/Channel, Most Anticipated Project.

If anyway is a cool designer, please message me if you want to create the award for this year.
Edited by MatthewDratt on Nov 23, 2017 at 12:20 AM

I'm not familiar with the bug free tags.

Try using the program Refinery (on the general Halo CE forum). It extracts maps nearly perfect. Go ahead and use that to extract whatever campaign map you want.

Halo CE General Discussion » hek + installer says i need .net framework Nov 19, 2017 04:26 PM (Total replies: 3)

Dont use hek+ use refinery http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50247

Halo CE General Discussion » AI Driving Nov 18, 2017 11:16 PM (Total replies: 2)

AI will not drive on their own completely. It must be completely scripted from starting point to end point.

All that really happens is there is a couple settings in the vehicle that allow the AI to get in and drive at a certain speed (say like a warthog, which isnt set up for AI driving, will need these settings added to em. Look at the warthog from Takedown: Project Lawson). Then all that happens is the ai is placed into the driver seat and then follows a command list from the first point to the last point.

Look up a scripting bible, then look up these useful scripts:
unit_enter_vehicle (if you want to use a biped instead of an ai)
ai_attach (if you want to use a biped instead of an ai)
ai_command_list_by_unit (if you want to use a biped instead of an ai)
vehicle_load_magic
ai_command_list

The script should be including with the Project Lawson download so you can prolly look up the script itself. Just search for those certain commands in the script until you find something that looks like it
Edited by MatthewDratt on Nov 18, 2017 at 11:17 PM

Yes I'm still working on this.

I believe I will probably end up using data-files. Some dumb things are preventing me from keeping my tagspace down (animations in cutscenes for examples) and I'm needing to split the files up into... well, a lot of files. I can either use data files or give you like 7 yelo files each at like 500mb. Yeah. So data-files most likely will be used, especially since I no longer have to fight with SPV3 over it.

Also official discord discussion is within the Rebel Army discord https://discord.gg/tQfSzDr

Edited by MatthewDratt on Nov 19, 2017 at 10:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Modding Competition Nov 12, 2017 01:55 PM (Total replies: 27)

I mean I like the idea but when it came to something like CE3 we wanted to do it 2-4 times a year. We didn't so the one that we did would be a big event. Not just another thing.

I'd just cut down. Bi-monthly. Once a quarter. Etc.

Halo CE General Discussion » Modding Competition Nov 12, 2017 01:29 PM (Total replies: 27)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tucker933

Quote: --- Original message by: notrododo93
God if only I had completed my maps in time...

Well, we've opened a new monthly competition for asset creation:
https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7225-aotm-submissions-hall-of-fame/
Every other month is themed.
Edited by Tucker933 on Nov 12, 2017 at 01:10 PM

>Monthly

Like how many submissions do you serisly plan on getting

Halo CE General Discussion » AI Mouth movements Oct 27, 2017 01:18 PM (Total replies: 14)

Delete the current .sound file and try again. Like I stated, tool will look at and read the current .sound file in the location to see if it needs to compile the sound with different settings.

Halo CE General Discussion » AI Mouth movements Oct 26, 2017 12:02 AM (Total replies: 14)

It shouldnt matter. Assuming its a custom sound, you recompile it the same way as you first did. The only difference is tool will read the current .sound file and realize its a dialog file and create mouth data.

Halo CE General Discussion » AI Mouth movements Oct 25, 2017 09:39 PM (Total replies: 14)

Set the sound to script_dialog at the top of the sound file. Recompile the sound. There should some bytes for mouth data at the bottom after recompiling

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Why Does It Spawn Double The Ai In-Game? Oct 24, 2017 12:38 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dabouss 15x
No but I managed to fix this. Another Question I had was how do you use lines for making actors move their mouths to your voice recordings?

(sound_impulse_start sound/file biped 1)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Why Does It Spawn Double The Ai In-Game? Oct 22, 2017 06:53 PM (Total replies: 6)

Is this multiplayer?

Halo CE General Discussion » Net Neutrality Oct 20, 2017 12:04 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
Let's put it this way, currently the internet works. If it's working fine at the moment, why change anything?

corporate lobbying

Halo CE General Discussion » Net Neutrality Oct 19, 2017 07:51 PM (Total replies: 13)

Yes let's get rid of regulations that benefits the consumers so the cable oligarchy can continue to crap on customers the way they always do.

Halo CE General Discussion » Net Neutrality Oct 17, 2017 08:51 PM (Total replies: 13)

ok

Time: Tue December 12, 2017 5:40 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website