A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Nickster5000
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 25, 2018 03:44 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo CE
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Nickster5000 has contributed to 1542 posts out of 467759 total posts (.33%) in 2,921 days (.53 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 25, 2018 03:44 AM (Total replies: 4974)

Wow... almost two years since this has had an update.

Here's something relevant that I'm working on:

>what should I practice / learn?

someone gives him a good suggestion

>oh no, no! that's out of my league

Then why ask for ideas? Focus on what interests you.

LMAO

Halo CE General Discussion » Multiteam bipeds - map & scripts included Nov 6, 2018 01:37 PM (Total replies: 5)

The client uses chimera to control the fp hand switching. I figured this was the best approach to take. I am aware of the ability to link the script to the .map itself, but the purpose of this project was to set it up & open source it for the community to use.

Halo CE General Discussion » Multiteam bipeds - map & scripts included Nov 6, 2018 12:45 AM (Total replies: 5)

Very simple project that I made today.

Red team plays as spartans, blue team plays as elites.

All the files are included. Chimera has been tested with the version in the .zip, 560, and 572(unstable release).

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftzu9bsqk6j6obp/hvc.zip?dl=0

The source can also be found on my github: https://github.com/Nickzster/HaloCEStuff

Wanna make your own team bipeds?

bSwitch.lua, scroll until you find:

BIPEDS = {
[0] = "bourrin\\halo reach\\spartan\\male\\mp masterchief",
[1] = "cmt\\characters\\elite_v2\\player\\elite_v2_mp",
}

Simply change the directories to the models. [0] = red team, [1] = blue team. Make sure to reference both of your team's bipeds in guerilla's reference section.

hvc.lua (you will obviously need to rename this .lua file to your map name), scroll until you find:

--redTeamHands = "halo reach\\objects\\characters\\spartans\\fp\\fp" --DEFAULTED to currently set hands in globals. 
blueTeamHands = "cmt\\characters\\elite_v2\\fp\\minor" --Set the hands you want for blue team here.

Change the blue team hands to the directory of where your blue team hands are located. The script will automatically pull the tag from the red team's hands. You also need to reference these fp hands in the guerilla reference section.

Credits:

Kavawuvi (Same person as 002? Please confirm this with a reply) - Biped switch script, making such an amazing client-side app.

aLTis - bigass_mod.lua fp hands changing.

Nickster5000 - Putting it together, setting it up for red team and blue team

Anyone else I forgot to mention.
Edited by Nickster5000 on Nov 6, 2018 at 12:46 AM
Edited by Nickster5000 on Nov 6, 2018 at 12:57 AM
Edited by Nickster5000 on Nov 6, 2018 at 01:21 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Nov 3, 2018 04:18 AM (Total replies: 132)

Two months too late, but who cares.

This project (demo or whatever you called the release on your youtube video) is probably the most fun I've had, in terms of Halo Single Player, in a long time. This is awesome. Keep it up man.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Omega Campaign Nov 1, 2018 12:22 PM (Total replies: 85)

Look on the post above yours... lol

Halo CE General Discussion » project proposal... boarding extraction! Sep 26, 2018 07:09 PM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Make a design document instead of whatever disorganized thing this is

this, coming from megasean?

Looks like someone's all grown up. *sheds a tear*

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA, RELEASE, AND MORE] RPG_Zulu_Final Jul 20, 2018 04:47 AM (Total replies: 5)

DOWNLOAD LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST. THE FINAL VERSION WILL MOST LIKELY BE RELEASED ON AUGUST 1ST.

Hello Community,
Today I'd like to share with you an RP map that I've been developing since Late 2015. If you haven't read the title, then the name of this map is RPG_Zulu_Final (you might have seen it as rzf_beta_32 floating in the server browser). I'll start with some pictures of the map:

The images might be broken, the imgur album can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/lya4MeZ

Even though you might not like role playing, this map is still a lot of fun to grab a warthog and explore. There are a few final touches that I am going to make to the buildings before I release the final version. My goal is to see what people think about this map, and if there is any feedback that can improve the final version. The tagset is going to be reworked to a bigass tagset. (Thanks altis).

On final release, all of the tags used to make this map (including the bsp files, .scenario, and an empty .scenario) and the 3ds max source files will be released with the map file.
Description: An RP map set on an icy island with very hostile weather patterns.

Author: Nickster5000

Map Details:
The map has the following key locations:
-An extensive underground base
-Village
-FOB
-Relay Station (highest base on the map)
-Crashed Prowler
-Several other outposts / foliage to seek cover in.

Gametypes:
Only supported for slayer. This map is not designed for any sort of player vs player, so keep this in mind if you want to host a server on it. As of right now, it is designed specifically for exploration / RP.

Commands:
object_create_anew_containing "" - spawns all vehicles. Will not work on the server.

Server commands:
/character elite - changes your character to an elite. (WIP)
/character marine - changes your character to a marine. (WIP)
/character spartan - changes your character to a spartan.
Server IP: 173.0.146.108:2520

Credits:

Nickster5000
Altis - Bigass tagset, various sapp stuff, phantom bsp detector
002 - Armor switch script
Other people I will mention in the final release.

DOWNLOAD THE BETA:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lndh4fltyqe3u3/rzf_beta_32.zip?dl=1
DIRECT CONNECT TO THE SERVER: 173.0.146.108:2520

Thanks for reading. I hope you guys like the map.
-Nickster5000

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Fireteam Raven Arcade May 21, 2018 04:52 PM (Total replies: 4)

Halo 5 didn't meet their quota, now they're desperate to make more money to compensate.

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I add teleteports with scrips in sp Mar 12, 2018 02:30 AM (Total replies: 4)

You are going to have a hard time scripting without an understanding of how to do it. I go in depth of scripting in this tutorial: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5mwaj1wzqdsoel/HCEScripting.pdf?dl=0

I hope this helps.

Halo CE General Discussion » Syphon Filter mod? Mar 3, 2018 12:08 AM (Total replies: 1)

Nope. It doesn't exist. :)

Halo CE General Discussion » December HMU final call + CE3 Award Show Info Feb 10, 2018 02:10 AM (Total replies: 10)

Hey, what's the deadline for submission of CE3 2018? I didn't see it anywhere, and I thought this thread would be the place to ask.

Thank you in advance!

-Nicksters

Halo CE General Discussion » why Feb 2, 2018 08:53 PM (Total replies: 14)

Halo CE General Discussion » why Feb 2, 2018 12:50 AM (Total replies: 14)

Once a cringe, always a cringe.

:two-thumbs-up:

awesome tutorial man.

Halo CE General Discussion » OUT OF OBJECTS (ERROR) please help Oct 23, 2017 02:14 PM (Total replies: 3)

If you made a custom vehicle, then you screwed up somewhere down the line.

Here's two things to check for:
1) Make sure the gbxmodel, collision, and animations have the same exact node counts, and the same exact node names.
2) Check to make sure the node list checksum matches. If not, copy the ones from the animation file into the gbxmodel file.

This should at least get it to spawn ingame. I'm not sure if it'll spawn correctly, or look very ugly. If it is very ugly and things are scaled awkwardly, you're going to have to revisit your animations.

Halo CE General Discussion » Net Neutrality Oct 21, 2017 02:08 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
Let's put it this way, currently the internet works. If it's working fine at the moment, why change anything?
Money.

Halo CE General Discussion » [VIDEO]Scripting Tutorial Oct 17, 2017 11:01 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Updated the tutorial. Here's the new version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5mwaj1wzqdsoel/HCEScripting.pdf?dl=1

Thanks again DeadHamster for the clarifications. These have been reflected in the tutorial, and proper credits have been given.

You should update it again. If you create "data\global_scripts.hsc" it will be used for all scenarios that you compile scripts for.

If you click the link, I have added this change to the tutorial.

Thank you for pointing this out Giraffe. It seems very useful.

If anyone has any changes they think that should be made, please feel free to mention it. I am open to updating this tutorial.
Edited by Nickster5000 on Oct 23, 2017 at 03:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [VIDEO]Scripting Tutorial Oct 12, 2017 11:39 PM (Total replies: 35)

Updated the tutorial. Here's the new version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5mwaj1wzqdsoel/HCEScripting.pdf?dl=1

Thanks again DeadHamster for the clarifications. These have been reflected in the tutorial, and proper credits have been given.
Edited by Nickster5000 on Oct 23, 2017 at 03:07 PM

Time: Sun December 9, 2018 8:03 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website