A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SOI_7
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 2, 2019 10:41 AM
Interests: Game design, mods and Photoshop art
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: Halo, Gears Of War, Dead Space, Mass Effect
ZA WARUDO! TOKI WO TOMARE!

Post Statistics
SOI_7 has contributed to 735 posts out of 468602 total posts (.16%) in 2,583 days (.28 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Apr 2, 2019 10:41 AM (Total replies: 92)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tachikoma
Restoration of the CE3 2014 Particle Carbine. Referred to as the Particle Carbine Early Type in my tagset.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/561853771227856898/562174608548036618/Halo_Custom_Edition_Screenshot_2019.03.31_-_23.19.24.96.png

News will come out about the Revival Map Pack when we feel ready to share more, probably around May.

Edited by Tachikoma on Apr 2, 2019 at 12:59 AM

OOF. WHY DID YOU RESURRECT SUCH A BAD PAGE OF MY PORTFOLIO

All hail our emperor Lord Frieza

Halo CE General Discussion » flying type vehicles that can strafe Mar 6, 2019 02:17 PM (Total replies: 11)

Funny enough, this is how we got the Hawk working in SPv3. Always nice to see someone pushing his limits to achieve something, no matter how complicated it is

Halo CE General Discussion » AI Followers Feb 24, 2019 12:06 PM (Total replies: 5)

You're a f-ing genius!

Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind

Quote: --- Original message by: JadeMcLain
Mo's Editing Kit has a tool for converting collision models into gbx models which you can then import. Saved me a bunch of time.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50076

HOW DO I NEVER KNOW ABOUT THESE THINGS. I just spent the last month trying to reverse engineer stock collision models...

After testing it out, turns out I did a pretty great job on mines but I still don't understand how the game determines when to play hard ping animations.
Edited by The Gravemind on Feb 6, 2019 at 09:53 PM

That's controlled by the biped tag, you should find a section like "hard ping threshold" or something like that

Halo CE General Discussion » Climactic way to end a mission? Feb 3, 2019 07:18 AM (Total replies: 14)

Bossfight. I rarely see bossfights at all in singleplayer maps

Halo CE General Discussion » AI\biped in t-pose during cutscenes. Jan 10, 2019 09:33 AM (Total replies: 11)

Also be sure that the encounter references the right BSP index

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
This was a good idea. I didn't even know we had Onyx Sentinels.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Vuthakral's Tagset Dec 28, 2018 09:45 AM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Vuthakral
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
I like moar hexagons on my covenant

Already got you covered, https://sketchfab.com/models/9a8f7f2c326b449db781e8082f593691

(Nothing else on my sketchfab account, while halo related, currently has anything to do with this tagset.)

Are you specialized into painting high-res versions of existing models textures? If so, PM me
Edited by SOI_7 on Dec 28, 2018 at 09:45 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » A sneak peak of my flood problem :P Dec 18, 2018 05:25 PM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pabeung
My flood brute's were just rigged to Halo 2 brute set because I couldn't find anything that would fit and don't refer it as Matt's animation as it was Kirby's port aswell as the other Halo 2 animations leaked. I love your flood elite I just wonder why you gave it that dark rubber under their armor and the H3 flood brute animations are actually out there but modified by teh lag for old the CMT flood brute which is located in SOI's campaign (Why is it in there?) and when I say modified It doesn't fit well in the original Halo 3 flood brute bones.

And the other bipeds are rigged to Halo 1 flood human animation set.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/501403597108543488/520544877990248448/unknown.png?width=760&height=428

Wrong. My Flood Brutes are modified CMT SPv2 Brutes which use a modified version of Zteam's H3 Human Flood animations. I had no ripping tool back in the day, so my only option was to modify what already existed
Edited by SOI_7 on Dec 18, 2018 at 05:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicle Boarding Dec 15, 2018 06:43 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: JadeMcLain

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
B-but... how did you manage to get inside the boarding seat while the ghost is used by another AI? Iirc in stock Halo you can't do that unless you and the driver are on the same team

Just found this out, but you can attach the player with AI on the same team as the enemy, and then quickly detach the player and it will still let you inside the vehicle.

I updated the link:

Edit: Im not sure why the player freezes after killing the boarded enemy, but I'll find out soon enough.

Edit2: We can just attach the player to a blank encounter instead of detaching, that fixes it.

Edit3: The fixed map.
https://mega.nz/#!EHIjRKCB!cMa_XXwfjLoQF6pIf_BEI8SpknBr_8ZRcMklIkAq3iA
Edited by JadeMcLain on Dec 14, 2018 at 07:14 PM

Very interesting. For my mod I used to create a temporary allegiance between the player and the AIs, but the concept is the same. Which conditions are you using to perform the attach? Distance to object? I made a "portable trigger volume" with attached bipeds checking when they both see the player, but your method seems to be better

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicle Boarding Dec 14, 2018 06:15 PM (Total replies: 6)

B-but... how did you manage to get inside the boarding seat while the ghost is used by another AI? Iirc in stock Halo you can't do that unless you and the driver are on the same team

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3ish Video Casting Call Dec 11, 2018 10:13 AM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
It's not ce3 live or even remotely like that. It's way better

FTFY

Correct. If you're using Max there are some modifiers with which you can play, like Multires or Optimize, but they'll need extra manual tweaks. But trust me, they're worth the effort

Always good to see an attempt to make the ultimate Elite. The H2A Elites in particular are my fav, so you have my thumb up. My only suggestions are, first of all, to optimize the models if you have not already (the polycount in the H2A Elites is absurd for CE) and perhaps add the Reach feet, because the H2A feet are way too small. Other than that, good job

Halo CE General Discussion » Air/Ground Unit Hybrid Oct 25, 2018 05:31 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: Russian Poot Man
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Sadly bipeds refuse to walk on walls if they're too big or non-spherical, we had this issue with our Jackal Forms in SPv3 and we had to remove this ability. You could, however, make them stick on strategic walls. And you should definitely switch to the actor_variant transformation system, it could help you save scripts slots.

I've been thinking about upgrading to opensauce. Does the actor_variant transformation system transfer health and shield status? I stopped using object_destroy and started teleporting them, so at least their health wouldn't reset. I could switch back and that would save me scripting time and effort to organize it all.

Yes, you can transfer health, shield and even the original encounter. The system is quite versatile

Halo CE General Discussion » Air/Ground Unit Hybrid Oct 25, 2018 02:47 PM (Total replies: 23)

Sadly bipeds refuse to walk on walls if they're too big or non-spherical, we had this issue with our Jackal Forms in SPv3 and we had to remove this ability. You could, however, make them stick on strategic walls. And you should definitely switch to the actor_variant transformation system, it could help you save scripts slots.

Halo CE General Discussion » Air/Ground Unit Hybrid Oct 22, 2018 06:53 AM (Total replies: 23)

This is really cool. Did you make this using actor_variant transformations?

P.S. And would you mind telling me where did you get those Bugger animations? The only ones I'm aware of are those from Lumoria
Edited by SOI_7 on Oct 22, 2018 at 06:53 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Error exporting my model Oct 7, 2018 03:13 PM (Total replies: 2)

Your model has too many polygons for your standard Max setup. Search through the settings and find the RAM usage, and increase the value

For the Sword depleting, you can set up an age function in the weapon tag, then in the weapon model you can open the energy blade shader and change the framebuffer fade source to the function you've just made (eg. A out).

For the SMG, iirc zteam released another tagpack with even more stuff, there you should find a sound_looping firing effect for it. Bungie in H3 dropped the single firing sound and used a looping sound, so eh

For the rest I guess you should dig somewhere else :/

Time: Thu April 18, 2019 11:22 PM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website