A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SOI_7
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 10, 2017 11:03 AM
Interests: Game design, mods and Photoshop art
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: Halo, Gears Of War, Dead Space, Mass Effect
Tatsumaki best waifu

Post Statistics
SOI_7 has contributed to 669 posts out of 461531 total posts (.14%) in 1,832 days (.37 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit (MEK) Mar 10, 2017 11:03 AM (Total replies: 24)

Mr. Moses, you deserve money, cookies and girls

Halo CE General Discussion » flashlights on marines Feb 25, 2017 06:56 AM (Total replies: 11)

It's actually both. The flashlight of the weapon is controlled via a function in the biped tag, and a script activates the flashlight state of that unit

Yeah, looks like I completely misunderstood. My bad. Still looks impressive what you can pull out with Python

Rather than having them flattened in a single layer, I'd like it to export bitmaps with multiple images as a single sheet

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Changing when a biped stumbles? Jan 26, 2017 10:06 AM (Total replies: 6)

Mess with these values, and you should be good

Halo CE General Discussion » P3's WIP or Finished stuff Jan 3, 2017 08:38 AM (Total replies: 8)

That carrier form gives me vybes of the Cyst from Dead Space 2

Halo CE General Discussion » [Project] What before REACH ? Dec 24, 2016 06:14 AM (Total replies: 42)

And, to be fair, I'm not following any other manga/anime outside of OPM. I watched Psycho-Pass, but it has only two seasons (and the second one is just trash), and I get easily tired of extremely long series, so Naruto, One-Piece, Bleach and all those mainstream stuff are a big NO to me

Halo CE General Discussion » [Project] What before REACH ? Dec 23, 2016 02:04 PM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
Remind me again why there are so many cringey weaboos here?

No weaboo actually, it's just an internal joke between me and Flanker
Edited by SOI_7 on Dec 23, 2016 at 02:05 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Project] What before REACH ? Dec 23, 2016 10:55 AM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

Let's just found the TMT: Tatsumaki Mapping Team

Halo CE General Discussion » [Project] What before REACH ? Dec 20, 2016 03:16 PM (Total replies: 42)

You stroke a nerve...

But who needs italian girls when you can have Espers, my dear Flanker? ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » Time to vote! What were the best maps of 2016? Dec 18, 2016 08:55 AM (Total replies: 30)

Ok, I guess we should stop now

Halo CE General Discussion » Time to vote! What were the best maps of 2016? Dec 18, 2016 06:22 AM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7

Yo, there's always Fubuki... just saying...

Although I have to say that recently I watched Psycho-Pass, and Akane is another example of my perfect waifu

Fubuki has a much nicer rack, no doubt there...but she's younger, less powerful and tatsumaki's superiority complex matches my ego perfectly. 💚💚💚

As for akane......well you can have that disney trash any day of the week no complaints there, but just remember.

Tatsumaki is MINE.

It's not my fault if she's perfect...

Halo CE General Discussion » Time to vote! What were the best maps of 2016? Dec 17, 2016 01:00 PM (Total replies: 30)

Unfortunately I must also take into account the ugly incident involving the semi-talented soi and his pathetic and undeniably untoward advancements towards my dear and beloved waifu.....

Should this be a contending factor?

All logical signs point to no.....but I did see her first.

Descisions, descisions......

BRIBE ME. BRIBE ME NAO.

Yo, there's always Fubuki... just saying...

Although I have to say that recently I watched Psycho-Pass, and Akane is another example of my perfect waifu

Halo CE General Discussion » Graphics bug Dec 9, 2016 06:04 AM (Total replies: 30)

Then try the other one

Halo CE General Discussion » Graphics bug Dec 8, 2016 06:04 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: ScarFOx
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
I don't know how to fix it I replace my bitmap files 10 times and still the same problem for different people

Where are you getting your bitmaps.map from?

Halo maps

This one? http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1478

Halo CE General Discussion » Graphics bug Dec 8, 2016 03:49 PM (Total replies: 30)

I don't know how to fix it I replace my bitmap files 10 times and still the same problem for different people

Where are you getting your bitmaps.map from?

Halo CE General Discussion » Graphics bug Dec 7, 2016 08:33 AM (Total replies: 30)

Put some dubstep in background and you're gold

Halo CE General Discussion » Graphics bug Dec 6, 2016 03:56 PM (Total replies: 30)

This problem can occur also if you're running those maps on a machine with Halo installed with a different language. Double check your bitmaps.map and sounds.map, and be sure that you're using the english version of Halo

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Nov 30, 2016 08:24 AM (Total replies: 11204)

FYI your "waifu" is a super freak.

She's not a super freak. She's MY super freak

Halo CE General Discussion » I need sp tutorials and feedback Nov 27, 2016 11:20 AM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: ZOBI3KING
1. What are gripes that you have with the Halo CE stock tagset, mainly singleplayer gripes?

Magnum is a bit overpowered, and I hate that the game shows weapons or vehicles that I can't use (Wraith, Energy Sword, Sentinel Beam). Shaders could use some love (although, without OS, I guess you could only up-res the textures)

2. If you could add one gun or gun type to the CE tagset, what would it be and why?

A marksman rifle (DMR/BR/Carbine). Halo CE needed more weapons for mid-long range combats, especially for the Covenant

3. Including all Halo games excluding Halo Wars and Halo 5, what do you believe are the strengths of weaknesses of each game's singleplayer?

Halo CE is nearly perfect to me, the issue with it is the aforementioned lack of usability for some things that are still present in the game. Halo 2 allowed me to see the war through the eyes of the Covenant, but overall it felt rushed. Halo 3 has a cleaner gameplay and mission design, but the first half of the campaign is completely useless and gives zero impact to the plot. Halo 3 ODST introduced an interesting open-world approach to the campaign, but the locations were too repetitive. Halo Reach was quite challenging, but some armor abilities ruined it (Armor Lock). Halo 4 focused a lot on making each mission unique on its own and making awesome scenarios, but the campaign was too short

4. What Halo singleplayer had the best campaign and why?

Halo CE. It had everything: exploration, solid gameplay, challenging AI, large maps, freedom of choice, interesting plot and nice locations

5. What Halo singleplayer had the best overall level design and why?

Halo 3. Maps were quite big, with lots of vehicles, weapons and strategic point scattered around, which allowed the player to choose the best approach

6. What Halo singleplayer had the worst overall level design and why?

Halo 5. The squad system with immortal Spartans and the Spartan Abilities forced 343i to make each map excessively vertical and closed, with an exagerated amount of enemies and almost inexistent vehicle sections

7. What makes Halo singleplayer fun and engaging gameplay-wise?

Challenging AIs and freedom of choice

8. What is your favorite level in any Halo game and why?

The Silent Cartographer. It started with an epic introduction, it had a big map that you could explore, interesting encounters and a solid usage of weapons and the warthog

9. What is your least favorite level in any Halo game and why?

The Library. Too repetitive and frustrating

10. How would you rebalance the Halo CE tagset or would you leave it untouched?

Magnum is the only weapons that needs to be nerfed. The zoom should be removed only with the introduction of the BR/DMR/Carbine

Edited by SOI_7 on Nov 27, 2016 at 01:06 PM

Time: Tue March 28, 2017 12:19 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website