A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SOI_7
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 27, 2017 04:13 PM
Interests: Game design, mods and Photoshop art
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: Halo, Gears Of War, Dead Space, Mass Effect
Tatsumaki best waifu

Post Statistics
SOI_7 has contributed to 693 posts out of 464645 total posts (.15%) in 2,072 days (.33 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » NEMESIS PART 2 Sep 27, 2017 04:13 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
I need some pics

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 1, 2017 07:54 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
im the only voice actor and dev. shiet. I need at least one member.

Good luck finding one with that attitude

Halo CE General Discussion » New Map [WIP] [not named yet] Aug 28, 2017 05:34 PM (Total replies: 194)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7

I really, really like this map. It's so unique, futuristic and simple at the same time.

My suggestions are about the cubemap you're using on the metal surfaces. I don't know if it's due to your graphic settings, but it looks too pixelated, and since your BSP uses a small set of textures i think you could compile a 32 bit version of that cubemap, or another one with better quality. Some stuff on the sky to make it dynamic like moving clouds or other thingies would be welcome. And lastly, I'd put some lights on the wall that closes the map as well.

(Increase the color of emitted light in your shaders so that they impact your lightmaps, it will help your map a lot).

Which tagset are you going to use, btw? Still CEA?
Edited by SOI_7 on Aug 28, 2017 at 02:22 PM

Ok, thanks for feedback, I Will try to use other cubemaps
About the sky, i'm not sure since it's a unity Skybox, and compiling bitmaps at 32 bit Will increase size alot the filesize.

And the tagset, i'm planing making 2 versions, CEA and 4, but since all the G4 tagsets are f*****up it will be a few months to make the H4 version that was the original concept

You don't need to compile the Skybox as 32 bit, just the cubemap of the metal surface. The Skybox just needs to be animated somehow.
Good luck with the tagset, I have yet to see a decent H4 tagset around here

Halo CE General Discussion » New Map [WIP] [not named yet] Aug 28, 2017 02:21 PM (Total replies: 194)

I really, really like this map. It's so unique, futuristic and simple at the same time.

My suggestions are about the cubemap you're using on the metal surfaces. I don't know if it's due to your graphic settings, but it looks too pixelated, and since your BSP uses a small set of textures i think you could compile a 32 bit version of that cubemap, or another one with better quality. Some stuff on the sky to make it dynamic like moving clouds or other thingies would be welcome. And lastly, I'd put some lights on the wall that closes the map as well.

(Increase the color of emitted light in your shaders so that they impact your lightmaps, it will help your map a lot).

Which tagset are you going to use, btw? Still CEA?
Edited by SOI_7 on Aug 28, 2017 at 02:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Mockups of modified 343i tags Aug 25, 2017 04:47 PM (Total replies: 9)

Echo is right, I'm not aiming for realism, I'm just trying to de-crappify these models reducing the details and adjusting their silhouette. I'll leave the rest to whoever wants to transform those Photoshop thingies into actual models.

Also, MOAR:

And I confirm that Shotgun is a nightmare
Edited by SOI_7 on Aug 25, 2017 at 04:49 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Mockups of modified 343i tags Aug 21, 2017 02:23 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mangenkyo
Here's my theory on how the bullet goes inside that BR.

http://i.imgur.com/aYSkqwv.png

Fixed in the OP

MOAR

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Tbh, I don't find this that much of a mockup, it actually shows that the silhouettes still fits with the old halo style with the weapons at least which is a good thing

While that's true for some weapons, for others like the BR and the shotgun it's a completely different story
Edited by SOI_7 on Aug 21, 2017 at 02:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Mockups of modified 343i tags Aug 20, 2017 05:38 PM (Total replies: 9)

I'm doing this just for fun. I made some mockups of 343i's weapons in Photoshop, trying to make them look more Bungie-esque. I'm not going to in-game them, but I'll share them anyway in case someone wants

If you like them I'll keep them coming
Edited by SOI_7 on Aug 21, 2017 at 02:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 5, 2017 08:07 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Don't ever go to a medical school unless you don't have a life

Halo CE General Discussion » Moses's Refined Campaign Jul 4, 2017 02:22 PM (Total replies: 40)

Change the "opaque distance" in the fog tag to 0 and the fog will look fine, but it won't allow you to open the scenario in sapien anymore unless you change that value again

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 3, 2017 12:58 PM (Total replies: 64)

It's just his opinion, guys. He's not a Halo 2 fan, you are, so what's the issue? This "Heresy!! You don't like the chapter X!" thing is quite annoying if you ask me

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 1, 2017 02:06 PM (Total replies: 11429)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

I remember that project, it was really cool :)

WHOOOOOOOOO! Glad you brought it back from the grave!

Halo CE General Discussion » The Omega Campaign Jun 28, 2017 04:31 PM (Total replies: 77)

You know what this needs? OS shaders. For the stock models. That'd be glorious

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Jun 20, 2017 07:48 AM (Total replies: 37)

Too much sexyness for my eyes.

P.S. Is the yellow quickflash of the plasma grenade intentional? It bugs me a bit, I have the feeling that it should be blue just like the other particles

Halo CE General Discussion » Best comment so far on this forum. May 22, 2017 06:30 PM (Total replies: 33)

My discussions with Flanker about Tatsumaki

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 19, 2017 11:55 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: CLASSIFIED
What is happening?

Halomaps just being Halomaps

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Dreamweb Release May 10, 2017 02:16 PM (Total replies: 53)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Is it me or did tatsumaki just prune?

@SOI control your waifu!

LOLWUT

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Dreamweb Release May 7, 2017 12:53 PM (Total replies: 53)

Delicious release. What happened to your Forerunner weapons, though?

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie-fying 343i tags May 5, 2017 02:32 AM (Total replies: 14)

@halonimator I asked to be polite...

Interesting suggestions nonetheless, guys. I was wondering especially about the weapons to be honest, I remember months ago Late Night Gaming made a similar video in which he suggested some specific tips like adding the colored lights on the shotgun or making the sniper rifle scope green, that's what I had in mind

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie-fying 343i tags May 4, 2017 08:50 AM (Total replies: 14)

This is just a discussion I'm making out of curiosity.
Let's say you were in charge for a new Halo game, and your task is to modify the weapons and the characters from Halo 4 (let's skip Halo 5) in order to make them look more like something that Bungie would have made. What you would you do to each weapon and character model?
I'd appreciate if you were specific and polite, I know the Halo 4 subject creates flames but I'd like a civil discussion (and please avoid comments like "If you wanna make 343i models look like Bungie just delete them and replace them with Halo 3 models")

Well, at least it's in english.
Could have been more interesting than a tag swap, but at least it's polished

Time: Thu November 23, 2017 10:57 PM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website