A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MosesofEgypt
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 10, 2017 02:57 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
MosesofEgypt has contributed to 397 posts out of 464832 total posts (.09%) in 1,716 days (.23 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Whenever you see this it means a sound needs to be recompiled.
Quote: EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\cache\pc_sound_cache.c,#213: sound->unused0[0] != 0

"sound->unused0[0] != 0" means "access the first item in the sound's unused0 attribute and make sure it isnt zero". This unused area is where the ogg sample count is stored, which as i've explained previously is what's wrong with those cmt sounds. It's cryptic, but that's what it means.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit (MEK) Nov 30, 2017 07:12 PM (Total replies: 61)

Deprotection bugs and the bug with the actor_variant_transform_out tag are fixed, and I added the ability to change a tag's class when you rename it so you can manually fix classes that the automatic deprotection couldn't.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Nov 30, 2017 at 07:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit (MEK) Nov 30, 2017 12:23 AM (Total replies: 61)

Yeah, come to think of it I don't think I did any testing with a protected yelo map because I couldn't find one(I also couldn't find a copy of smokescreen to make my own). I'll take a look at that tomorrow, so expect a fix by maybe mid-day tomorrow. If no one posts after me I'll just update this post. Thanks.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Nov 30, 2017 at 12:25 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with MP bided Nov 29, 2017 01:16 PM (Total replies: 3)

Open that biped, go into the unit section, go into the "NEW HUD INTERFACES" reflexive and open the one or two tags you find referenced there(those are its hud interface tags). Those tags have a section about 5/6 the way down called "SOUNDS", and this is where you can find the shield hit/charge/low heartbeat/depleted/low. Remove all of these.

Halo CE General Discussion » I don't know how to debug this Nov 29, 2017 09:26 AM (Total replies: 3)

First off, don't joke about suicide, it's not funny. Secondly, this is caused by spv3 tags being buggy. The carbine's "ready" sfx as well as a bunch of other sfx have a screwed up sample_count value. Read all of Gir and my comments on this thread:

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50389

Essentially because OGG sounds are compressed non-linearly it's hard to get a quick idea of how long the sound is, so halo stores a pre-computed sample count value in some of the padding space of the permutations. If this is set to 0, sapien will freak out(and rightly so because these incorrect values can break cutscenes and other things) and show you that error.

The solution is to look at that list of sounds I specified in post #5 on that thread, and do what I specified in post #8 to fix them. Once you do you COULD also be a good guy and help everyone else out by releasing these fixed sounds as a little tag pack and other people with this issue would love you.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Nov 29, 2017 at 10:09 PM

:)

It's a great feeling. Glad you got to this point.

I don't see anything wrong, though I do hope you know that you're telling it to make a set of bitmaps, loc, and sounds resource maps with that command. This is what you do when you need a lot of bitmaps and sounds, but can't afford to stuff it all in each map(like spv3 did with its -bitmaps.map, -sounds.map, and -loc.map). If you dont want to build those additional resource maps, change your command to:

os_tool build-cache-file-ex "" 1 1 1 levels\test\tutorial\spv3test

You'll need to turn one of those 1's into a 0, but I don't remember which and don't have a copy of OS tool to test to figure it out. Its the one that's like, "build cache files" r something. Just run "os_tool build-cache-file-ex" without arguments to see which one it says is which.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit (MEK) Nov 26, 2017 10:30 PM (Total replies: 61)

Look at posts 77 and 78 here. Same issue and solution.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50247&start=71

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit (MEK) Nov 26, 2017 01:29 PM (Total replies: 61)

Quote: --- Original message by: BAMF

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

Why do I not have an update.py

I'm just redownloading from the repository.

Redownloaded, can't open Mozzarilla or the MEK Installer, only console programs.

Console mozzarilla says there's no module called mozzarilla.

I don't get nor have I ever had an update.py or an install.py, I think you're missing some stuff.
Edited by DeadHamster on Apr 24, 2017 at 04:44 PM

this is what I run into as well...in reading further back, looks like there is a lot of work that still needs to be done....full of bugs...a work in progress.

Edited by BAMF on Nov 26, 2017 at 12:21 PM

First off you're quoting someone from literally over half a year ago, and there have been more changes and fixes than you can count since then. Secondly, these tools are inherently NOT simple to use just because of the shear scope of what they can do. If you can't get them to install and refuse my help in private messages then you literally have no grounds to critique them, which leads me to my third point. You can't say its full of bugs if you're unable to get it to run. You can't say a book is bad if you cant read, and you cant say a program is "full" of bugs if you cant even run it.

tl; dr this guy is a 1 week old troll.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Nov 26, 2017 at 02:34 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Nov 25, 2017 04:01 PM (Total replies: 95)

You'll have to be specific about what you're looking for, or go searching through files in notepad with ctrl+f. There are multiple common_descs.py though, with one main one and slight varients for stubbs, halo 2, etc.

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Nov 25, 2017 03:52 PM (Total replies: 95)

Not on skype at all, and not really on discord much.

The saving issue is probably permissions related. It first saves the tag to filepath+".temp", then if it successfully saves it deletes the file at filepath(or renames it filepath+".backup"), and then renames filepath+".temp" to just filepath. If it can't do that last bit, it stays with .temp on the end. If it fails to save at all, it will also stay with .temp on the end, but it should give you an error message.

And yes, it has changed, a lot. Don't use it. If you have some changed enumerators in yours, you might be able to copy them into the new one.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Nov 25, 2017 at 03:54 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Nov 25, 2017 12:11 PM (Total replies: 95)

Well, when you install python it installs 2 exe's, python.exe and pythonw.exe, which are both located wherever python was installed. I like to install mine to c:\python35, but you're free to install it wherever, like say c:\users\altheros\python35. Hope that helps :D
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Nov 25, 2017 at 12:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Nov 24, 2017 06:33 PM (Total replies: 95)

You definitely are not up to date. I just checked some of the line numbers in that output and they differ from the current ones. I think what's going on is you have local, out of date, copies of the libraries in the MEK folder, and when it searches for them it finds those instead of the up to date global ones. When I made the self-updating installer I changed the way it installs/looks for the portable libraries, so your current ones are mucking it up.

Delete the supyr_struct, refinery, reclaimer, arbytmap, mozzarilla, and binilla folders in your MEK folder and download the MEK from here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/49gqv6du0yjb26u/MEK_Backup.zip?dl=1

This is a preinstalled version that doesn't have bitmap accelerators installed. It's one of my backup copies.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Nov 24, 2017 at 10:55 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Help With Sapien Editing! Nov 24, 2017 11:24 AM (Total replies: 20)

You don't have a worthwhile metric to measure how the MEK has affected this community. Download counts from a single website are as worthless as your attempts at trolling. I think I'm done responding to you as well since It's pretty clear you're a troll. I just wanted to make sure to have the last word. :)

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Nov 24, 2017 11:11 AM (Total replies: 95)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
I definitely wont be mapping out new tag types

The only reason I mapped out the buy menu is because it's literally just a whole bunch of dependencies. The other tags aren't simple, and it's not worth it for me to map them out. I will take a look at the halo beta though if you want. It might just straight up open.

Also, go ahead and update, you should be able to open shadowrun now.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Nov 24, 2017 at 01:08 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Help With Sapien Editing! Nov 23, 2017 04:53 PM (Total replies: 20)

First off, I don't have bots. Secondly I'm sorry that you're having trouble getting my programs to work, as that is something I actively try to work with people to fix. I have poured literally thousands of hours of work into researching, designing, and writing them entirely by myself over the last 5 years.

Go ahead though, tell me how just because YOU can't figure out how to get it to run, that means my design is poor and not something wrong on your end. Tell me how you are an expert programmer and can determine good programming from poor programming(the source code to all my programs is right at your disposal, so go take a look). Tell me how me trying to help you and you not giving me the information I need to work with is bullying. Tell me how you expecting the community to just give you any file you ask for is better than them teaching you how to be self reliant and be able to acquire it for yourself.

Go ahead and keep trying to troll me like this. I really don't give a crap because at the end of the day, YOU are the one who misses out, not me. I already know you're going to respond with "something something you are moron ha ha something something your tools suck something something i am teh victim here something something i am not a troll".
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Nov 23, 2017 at 05:27 PM

The HEK comes with a folder of tags that are used ONLY for the editor and are not used in maps. This is ui/editor folder. I have uploaded a copy of mine to my dropbox. Here ya go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z4vwn5sjs3xj4/hek_editor_tags.zip?dl=1
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Nov 22, 2017 at 10:23 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Nov 22, 2017 08:39 AM (Total replies: 95)

Sure. Sounds fun. Got shadowrun fully extracting last night(aside from shadowrun exclusive tags). Cant push changes until I get distutils installed, and I cant do that till I find out why pip isnt installing with python.

Seems the way they added their stuff was by making "wrapper" tags to go around existing ones. Like, they made a shadowrun_actor, shadowrun_weapon, and shadowrun_unit to wrap actor, weapon, and unit respectively. Pretty sure they also made 3 different kind of magic and tech tags that act like equipment. They also made a "buy_menu" tag which literally just references a bunch of sounds to play when interacting with the shop menu.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit (MEK) Nov 22, 2017 08:23 AM (Total replies: 61)

Yeah, I've come across this happening very rarely, and very randomly, thus I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause. Could you link me to the tag causing the issue and tell me the exact steps you're doing to encounter the issue? I REALLY REALLY want to fix this bug since it's pretty serious(randomly not saving your work? FFFFFFF).

Also, have you tried updating the MEK? I need to make sure you're on the current version. If you didn't grab the self-updating installer I released around 2 months ago, go grab it and run its update feature.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Nov 22, 2017 at 09:36 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Nov 21, 2017 07:52 PM (Total replies: 95)

I am curious. I definitely wont be mapping out new tag types, but I might only need to set an index magic for shadowrun maps for it to work. Alternatively, i can make an option in refinery to use the old hacky magic calculation method. This will allow it to load other halo 1 map versions, but can be foiled if map protection is used.

Thanks, i've been interested in taking a look at these for a while.

Time: Wed December 13, 2017 9:29 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website