A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MrChromed
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 1, 2020 07:33 PM
Interests: Halo CE modding.
Your Age: 24
What Games do you play: Halo CE
Developer on SPv3 and ShadowMods.

Post Statistics
MrChromed has contributed to 305 posts out of 464918 total posts (.07%) in 2,647 days (.12 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 campaign in Halo Custom Edition? Jul 1, 2020 07:33 PM (Total replies: 2)

There was a project leaded by the old CMT team called "H2SPP". It was an attempt to port the H2 campaign over Custom Edition using SPv3 assets. The project was later cancelled. The biggest problem wasn't just getting AI to pathfind on moving platforms, it was the porting process. Halo 2's engine and editing kit allow many more mistakes to be in models than Halo CE does.

Masterz1337 (SPV3 Project Leader) released a dump with lots of unfinished material on April 4th, 2019. H2SPP was one of them. So you can try to take a look into what was made at the time.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qvdjeo5ohdxdaoo/2013_SPV3%2C_H2SPP%2C_TSCE_Dump_of_maps.rar/file

PS: Anyway, you have H2 Vista/H2 Project Cartographer for Windows, and the current release of Halo 2 on MCC PC. So there's no point to bring the H2 campaign on Custom Edition. It's kinda pointless.
Edited by MrChromed on Jul 1, 2020 at 07:36 PM

Ok, so I was Googling for a while since I remembered those tutorials from SuperFlanker and I just found them. So yeah, go ahead, download them and enjoy! It's a miracle this link still works after 5 years

Link (MEGA):
https://mega.nz/folder/NVNkQTrA#4uefbrxu21mI0xhTpFniZg

Original thread:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=48701
Edited by MrChromed on Jun 23, 2020 at 10:43 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: egordiac

I want to play a map called Firefight Descent (which is technically specified as an offline map) with my friend, but the problem is that whenever I specify a gamemode haloceded gives me an exception and crashes, probably because it wasn't meant to play singleplayer/campaign maps. But is it possible? Is there a gamemode that I can download to host those maps on a server?

Update:
Actually no, I've just read an article, saying the ai does not sync over network, so it's impossible.
Edited by egordiac on Jun 15, 2020 at 11:23 AM

In effect, Firefight Descent was designed and compiled as a singleplayer map so it will automatically crash the game if you try to load the map as a multiplayer one. And yeah, Halo's netcode doesn't support AI sync natively.

Tho, there're some projects that aim to solve this issue and finally be able to sync AI over network. One of those is "Universal AI Sync", originally made by IceCrow14, but now is a project from ShadowMods, a modding team which I'm member. IceCrow14 retired from CE modding but gave us the source code before leaving, so we hope to continue his legacy and improve the code from scratch.

We have some plans to resume the project and some multiplayer Firefight maps we were developing once one of our current projects, Forge for Halo CE, is done

Quote: --- Original message by: ryman138
Hey, is there anything new with Bonobo?

No new updates afaik, which is a pity. But I'm sure Laika has his reasons. Maybe he's taking a break from this, or, he's still working on it, without posting new updates. I hope he is doing well.

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
The community is far from dead, you're just looking in the wrong place

^Basically this. Discord is a better platform to discuss about modding nowadays. Hell, even OpenCarnage has an active community. Don't get me wrong anyway; I really appreciate the effort of Dennis to keep this site ongoing, but let's face it: the lack of moderation when he's not here allowed other people to do massive spam threads (including some doxing info), post off-topic stuff and some other worthless info.

You have a large ammount of Halo CE-related Discord servers to join in. If you guys don't want to join, then don't blame the rest and say that "the game/modding community has died".

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer Mar 10, 2020 04:22 PM (Total replies: 146)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
Why don't ALL of you shut up and GIVE. ME. ALL. YOUR. TAGS?!

...Mostly the Halo 3 ones...

Oh yeah. Do you want the H3 SMG sounds as well?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer Mar 8, 2020 04:41 PM (Total replies: 146)

Quote: --- Original message by: DOOMMARINE

well im glad this community is dying so this community doesn't deserve to be around for its behavior.

Except this community is far from dying tbh. There're lots of current projects out there. Discord and OpenCarnage are the most used platforms nowadays. But yeah, nice joke.

Halo CE General Discussion » any good mods available? Mar 6, 2020 10:30 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote:

Plus the few that know, like to remain secretive and not share any tutorials as they need to ensure they're the one and only to have a UI mod... Because you know... If someone else makes a UUI their ego will be hurt or something...?

That's a bit unfair tbh. UI tutorials are really hard to make because you'll need to cover lots of things and time plays a fundamental factor when you have some other "irl" compromisses. I know because I work with some friends creating our own UI's from scratch (such as the "CEA" UI from our modding team, ShadowMods). It would take a lot of time to cover most of the UI aspects and unfortunately we don't have free time for recording stuff. So no, it's not something related with being "secretive", no need to be that paranoic lmao.

Halo CE General Discussion » any good mods available? Mar 4, 2020 09:26 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
The Covert Ops campaign is pretty neat in that it implements RPG-style elements and dialogue options. There are six parts (E10, E20, E30, E40, E50, E60).

does the ui of the main menu of halo custom edition support all 6 episodes?

how long is the game total of 6 parts?

You'll need the "Universal UI 1.1", a custom UI that supports a lot of projects made by the modding community, including the Covert Ops campaign: https://haloce3.com/downloads/ui/universal-ui-version-1-1/

Hey! Any updates regarding this project? It's been a while since the last build and I wonder if you managed to do some progress with Halo 4 stuff

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
Can someone please explain how to properly set BIPED regions and permutations?

This information is virtually non-existent.

Sorry for the off-topic question but, haven't you tried joining CE-related Discord servers? I mean, you're one of the very few people that keep using this forum, and a lot of us have left this place for different reasons. You can find really useful Discord servers with channels made for modding help.

I suggest you to join "Halo CE Reclaimers", a modding-focused server (which I'm part of btw): https://discord.gg/k6Q4JBp
Edited by MrChromed on Jan 12, 2020 at 04:47 PM

Best quality lightmaps would use these settings:

tool lightmaps <scenario> <bsp-name> 1 0.0000001

has that been updated yet?

sbdJazz, Sled, JerryBrick and I have been working (really slowly) in an upcoming update (UUI 2.0). As you can see, none of the original developers are involved in the project, but that doesn't mean we can't make a new version (anyways, it can be considered an "unofficial" one, maybe?). Anyways, we're not newbies at all.

- sbdJazz has developed the SPv3 UI.
- Sled Jerry and I have developed the "Halo CEA-style" UI.

We hope to restart the project as soon as possible, after we're done with our current and side projects

Edited by MrChromed on Aug 13, 2019 at 10:26 PM

Don't delete anything. I hope you have a backup from that scenario (A10). If not, re-extract the .scenario from the Refined campaign without recursive mode, since you already have its dependencies in the tags folder.

Now, download this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15VN8SO_Ic7c6sgw8majYfzGJaJpChRbt/view?usp=sharing
What is it? It's the "editor" folder. You need to place it in tags\ui (the .7z has everything set up correctly, so you will see a "tags" folder once it's extracted. Combine it with your current tags folder).

The "editor" folder contains the visual markers that are drawn in Sapien when you want to place objects. That folder is only present in the HEK install, so you'll always need that folder once you extract maps (the maps don't contain that folder when compiled).

I hope this helps you. Let me know if it worked, please.
Edited by MrChromed on Jul 30, 2019 at 01:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Mod Feb 19, 2019 11:25 AM (Total replies: 16)

Sled, JerryBrick, sbdJazz and I (MrChromed) have been working in a future update for the UUI. This could be considered "unofficial", since none of the original developers are on this project, but we're doing our best to bring up a nice update. Jazz is currently occupied working for the SPv3 project, while Sled, JerryBrick and I were working in the "Halo: Custom Edition Anniversary UI" project (the project that Kal El posted above). Greetings

Halo CE General Discussion » That UUI Update? Nov 5, 2018 05:30 PM (Total replies: 16)

As Masterz said, we've been working with that new UUI. SbdJazz, Sled, Jerry Brick and me are the developers of that project. UUI2.0 is currently on hold, since Jazz has been working with UI elements for SPv3.2, and, in the other hand, Jerry, Sled and me have been working with the "CEA-like" UI, including support for high quality textures, language selection (english and spanish), new UI settings using our "User Interface Controller" or "UIC" (we use the "CIU" sigle, and it stands for "Control de Interfaz de Usuario"). If you're interested in that project, you can take a look at:

https://hceworkshop.shadowmods.net/hceaui

The current available version is a bit old and "ugly" compared with the new one, so don't download it. Instead, wait for the upcoming version, which includes a lot of new features and fixes, as I said above.
Best regards.
Edited by MrChromed on Nov 5, 2018 at 05:46 PM

Yeah, I already edited the previous message. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote: --- Original message by: MrBoringCom
hey masterchief117, i think your remastered map doesn't work anymore

Could you be more specific? Btw, if you use Chimera, you need to use the "chimera_modded_stock_maps 1" command in order to keep using modded stock maps with Chimera.
Edited by MrChromed on Sep 5, 2018 at 10:07 PM

It's exactly what Spartan314 said above. In SPv3, we just emulated the "ragdoll" physics in order to give a more realistic perception. Halo: Combat Evolved (and so, Custom Edition) doesn't support ragdoll physics. Instead, it uses "Inverse kinematics" physics (IK).

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce Anti-Aliasing Aug 31, 2018 09:58 AM (Total replies: 1)

Why don't you use FXAA instead? Of course, isn't as accurate as real AA, but you get a decent result. The only disadvantage comes when the image gets a bit blurry. You can use FXAA if you have a GeForce card. Google it!

Time: Sun July 12, 2020 7:01 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website