A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: EtchyaSketch
About Contact
Last Post: May 22, 2017 02:03 AM
Interests: Halo, Modding, Economics, Politics, and being all around Asian. And anime.
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: Halo, any JRPG's, and CS:GO, Street Fighter
S P I N

Post Statistics
EtchyaSketch has contributed to 813 posts out of 462931 total posts (.18%) in 1,142 days (.71 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Best comment so far on this forum. May 22, 2017 02:03 AM (Total replies: 24)

Everything ever posted by Unikraken.

Can't give you a quote tho.
He edited all of his posts, understandably because he was too ashamed of them, since they were all pretty childish and dumb.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 5, 2017 06:19 PM (Total replies: 11298)

I knew I saw something like the bipeds somewhere and it was bugging me.
Godzilla it was.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halonimator's modified CMT tagset [Q&A] Mar 31, 2017 03:18 AM (Total replies: 17)

How is "How did you balance the tagset?" not a specific question?
Why are you so afraid of answering the question, is it because you did a pisspoor job at doing it?

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Mar 29, 2017 05:13 PM (Total replies: 490)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The rules are designed to let MS shut people down whenever they want. Just because you think you are within them doesn't mean they can't shut you down.

^This is the actual correct answer. Although MS has shown to be quite liberal in letting Fan games do their own things.
And the last thing Halo needs right now is bad publicity.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Mar 27, 2017 02:13 AM (Total replies: 490)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A
So we ever gonna get a way to port stuff from HCE into your mod? forget forge the focus should be on map authoring tools like HEK

I dont think you understand what kind of legal implications that has on fan games. Allowing people to port stuff is a direct violation on microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules, and could instantly cause any fangame to get shut down.

Well adding modding support to your free release fan game isn't illegal per-se.

But having a tool that directly ports assets from CE would definitely be a big legal no no.

HwH

Yea pretty much anything from the Cole Protocol, or First Strike would make entertaining levels.

Honestly I'm surprised that 343/MS haven't already made a First Strike game (I'm sure someone tried to pitch it) considering it covers the gap of CE and 2. Not to mention theres ALOT of interesting stuff that could be used in gameplay.

The Asteroid Base, Unyielding Hierophant, even a space mission where you have to infiltrate Ascendant Justice would be good material.

Not to mention you could do the whole Split Narrative thing Halo 2 tries to do, but from the PoV of the Chief and Fred.

Halo CE General Discussion » Found these buried in my files. here ya go Mar 17, 2017 11:05 PM (Total replies: 5)

Not sure how much intersection there is in this community for people who enjoy Gundam and also mod CE, but hey cudos! They look pretty great.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 15, 2017 11:06 PM (Total replies: 86)

How is CE in ultra wide? Does it enhance the experience?
Edited by EtchyaSketch on Mar 15, 2017 at 11:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 16, 2017 02:27 AM (Total replies: 11298)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
temporal

l m a o

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 13, 2017 05:00 AM (Total replies: 11298)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
The ever great & humble, noble, wise, affectionate, broad-minded, charming, fearless, hard-working, intuitive, versatile, witty, warmhearted, amicable AMU leader already beat you to it:

Yea but its
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloMinotaur
with upgrades.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 13, 2017 04:42 AM (Total replies: 11298)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
Would "dynamic" lightmaps be possible though?

Yes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh1SFHj_jqs
Well I guess its not lightmaps, but dynamic lighting is possible
Edited by EtchyaSketch on Feb 13, 2017 at 04:43 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
You can thank yours truely for making this happen

"please clap"

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Feb 5, 2017 04:44 PM (Total replies: 391)

You uh, prob should have read the thing I linked.
Quote: So when it was decided that we would do a demo for CE3, it was only after I accepted the offer that I realized how much work truly needed to be accomplished by the deadline. Because of this, a lot of stuff was left unfinished or unpolished. The sky box was thrown together in a matter of hours so the background would not be empty nothingness, the bsp had to be completely textured and UV'ed in a matter of weeks, and a short, but compelling narrative had to be written out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Feb 4, 2017 05:44 PM (Total replies: 391)

He actually did make an update post on ModDB recently.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/halo-composition

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Warhawk Announcement! Feb 3, 2017 05:54 PM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
You should really be posting some type of pictures or description. That's the update we're looking for.

What if its a text based adventure game.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » People talk about tag corruption but... Jan 29, 2017 05:28 AM (Total replies: 31)

Blatant

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Editing Community Discord Jan 28, 2017 04:58 AM (Total replies: 31)

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
the same reason your friends don't invite you to parties

Because I don't have friends?

What is a google.

Halo CE General Discussion » Digital Foundry's analysis on Halo Jan 23, 2017 03:16 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Someone wanna give me the times at which we're mentioned? I don't wanna have to wade through 40 mins of video.

Its a long but good video. Digital Foundry's content is quality stuff.
The mention starts around 32min 37secs.

Time: Fri May 26, 2017 7:07 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website