A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DeadHamster
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 23, 2017 12:26 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
DeadHamster has contributed to 333 posts out of 463337 total posts (.07%) in 1,114 days (.30 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Question about objects Jun 23, 2017 12:26 AM (Total replies: 6)

In the 3D model or gbxmodel add a marker at the position. Spawn an object, and then use the script objects_attach

Your gunrack must be a named scenery object, and the weapon must also be a named object. This is not practical for spawning multiple of the same object, but once a weapon is picked up you can spawn another

You can connect one object to another using the marker name. Google for the BLAM script bible for a better explanation of the syntax you'll need for the scripts.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » UI/HUD location of the gametype icon? Jun 20, 2017 10:24 PM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: ThePolice
Is there anyway to change the location of the gametype icons on screen:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah140/MacSparrow/halomulti_zps67ornvmn.jpg

the bitmaps are:

ui\shell\bitmaps\team_background

ui\shell\bitmaps\team_icon_ctf ...etc

They are referenced by ui_tags_loaded_multiplayer_scenario_type.tag_collection but there are no options in that tag to change the coordinates of those ui elements.

While working on FTW2, Pepsi/Pepsi711 told me he spent ages looking for values that controlled the UI position of those icons, and had others look for it as well. Final answer was that it was something the engine controlled when a multiplayer map was loaded.

Can't say if that's true or not. Take it as an old myth.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Immured - an immure variant Jun 14, 2017 07:51 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19
Heck to a yeah

Damn theres another name that brings me back.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jun 9, 2017 07:22 PM (Total replies: 11326)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/6433/1oboq6zidfwdsza6g.jpg

literally the shaders from the odst hub world

I updated it to support Shader_Models as well, but yes those were the Hub World shaders from ODST.

So custom maps are made, using Custom Edition tools I would assume, and we only have a few of them as CE maps?

This confuses me.

I use junglegym for level geometry. It doesn't support stacks but exports at a fraction of the speed of Bluestreak and is built into 3DS max's export window like Blitzkrieg.

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Jun 4, 2017 04:06 PM (Total replies: 28)

For biped shadows Ive noted that removing a lightmap reference does not remove a level's lighting in Sapien. If you could verify thats true that might be a good place to start. Perhaps theres tagdata that's stripped during compilation, like the scripts are.

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Jun 3, 2017 11:07 PM (Total replies: 28)

Quote: --- Original message by: TheHaloKnight

Can anybody confirm that bipeds have shadows on ripped BSPs with this utility ?
Edited by TheHaloKnight on Jun 3, 2017 at 08:08 PM

MosesOfEgypt can confirm that the shadows do not show. He specifically confirmed this in the first post.

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Jun 3, 2017 06:18 PM (Total replies: 28)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ling Ling Lang
I'm still having the same problems I had with Mozz on W7. I'm not in a protected directory or anything, but I still can't just launch a Python file by double clicking it (it just opens a cmd for a brief second before closing). I can use cmd or a batch file to run Refinery (and your other apps) just fine. Am I missing something obvious?

No you're not, Python's Non-Console version crashes, whereas the Console version launches. At least, it does for me on Win 7, haven't upgraded in a bit though.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Backtracking and Trigger Volumes Jun 3, 2017 05:43 PM (Total replies: 2)

Use Globals!

(global boolean BACKTRACK false)

(script startup BACKTRACK_TOGGLER
(sleep_until (volume_test_objects FINAL_TRIGGER_VOLUME (players))
(set BACKTRACK true)
)

(script continuous triggertester

(if BACKTRACK
(begin
(if (volume_test_objects TRIGGER_VOLUME_1 (players))
(begin
(PLACE SCRIPTS HERE)
))
))

)

Replace the trigger volume names with your own volumes. What this does is create a global with the value of a boolean, and sets it to false. Then when the player goes through the last trigger volume, it sets backtrack to true. Now any trigger volumes that are passed through while BACKTRACK is true will go through the commands you put under (PLACE SCRIPTS HERE). If BACKTRACK is not true (the player didn't reach the final volume), no commands will play.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Having trouble editing CE maps Jun 2, 2017 08:38 PM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kaleidescoop

06.02.17 14:06:44 tag data 'hs_syntax_data_definition' too large.
06.02.17 14:06:44 failed to load scenario tag 'levels\a10\a10'

The scripts you have contain too much data for stock Halo. The OpenSauce engine extension allow you to have a lot more script data. If you're trying to modify anything made by CMT you will need to work within OpenSauce to do that. If you wrote the scripts yourself you added way too many commands.

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
So this does what Arsenic does?

From what I can tell, it compiles Custom Edition tags into Xbox format maps. You have to create a directory with CE tags, Xbox extracted Tags, Xbox uncompressed maps etc.

I haven't used it and only peeked into a few of the source files, mainly at how it opened what it opened.

Halo CE General Discussion » Open letter to CMT and Masterz1337 Jun 2, 2017 12:13 AM (Total replies: 4)

There is no SPV4. CMT's next project is actually a far leap from traditional halo.

It takes decompiled xbox maps and replaces them with CE maps, or apparently from CE tags.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Complete, Untold History of Halo May 30, 2017 09:39 PM (Total replies: 2)

Quote:
...on many of the levels you see arrows on the floor. They weren’t put there by Forerunners for the Covenant to get around, but by one of our testers, who would always get lost.

This is my favorite part.

Quote:

It was just really fun, but it was also really scary. Right at the end, Joe was going to deliver Halo’s cutscenes. I was going to do all the music and (Bungie’s other audio guy) Jay Weinland was going to do the sound effects. But it just kept getting pushed back. Alex was tearing his hair out, everybody was freaked out, like we weren't going to get this done. But how do I score a scene if I don't know if it's 30 seconds or a minutelong? I can’t.

Finally, Joe delivered all 33 cutscenes, and we had three days to add sound effects and music. We had to finish 11 per day. That first day I finished 11, right on schedule. That was September 10, 2001. I woke up the next morning, my wife and my daughters are freaking out, and I see what’s happening.

While we’re watching this thing, I realize I don’t know if the world is ending. I called Jay and he was already at the studio. I said, “What are you doing? Go home. Who else is there?” He said that everybody was. I’m like, are you kidding me? We had all gotten to such a fever pitch that we thought we couldn't even lose a day. It was really kind of insane. I went over and made everyone go home.

Except for this.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Immured - an immure variant May 25, 2017 01:33 AM (Total replies: 13)

Thats a name I haven't seen in many, many years.

Halo CE General Discussion » Wondering... May 24, 2017 08:01 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: XxPopeAK49xX

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
HAC2 is terribly made software that adds superfluous features and crashes if it can't connect to its update server, preventing you from starting Halo. Outside of increasing the BSP poly limit akin to OS it's all gimmicks, poorly peced together.

Ur face
Edited by XxPopeAK49xX on May 24, 2017 at 07:47 PM

Wow it took you two tries to get something that good. You've been doing a lot of quality posting lately, did someone bang your mom and you walk in or something?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » No h2 or h3 Marine dialog tags? May 24, 2017 06:25 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: not m00kz

are we just not gonna talk about the blatant profanity in that image that's been triggering my innocent soul for four days

Edited by not m00kz on May 24, 2017 at 03:58 PM

I only speak first-world, what does it say?

Halo CE General Discussion » Wondering... May 24, 2017 03:54 PM (Total replies: 17)

HAC2 is terribly made software that adds superfluous features and crashes if it can't connect to its update server, preventing you from starting Halo. Outside of increasing the BSP poly limit akin to OS it's all gimmicks, poorly peced together.

Halo CE General Discussion » Wondering... May 24, 2017 04:18 AM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: amateurhaloplaya
I just found out about HAC2. I have heard that it won't work with OS 4.0 (which i already have). But that was years ago. I want to know if HAC2 now works with OS 4.0. If so, how can I make it work?

I would reccomend uninstalling HAC2, at which point you'll find OS4 to work perfectly.

I would reccomend never reinstalling HAC2.

Time: Sun June 25, 2017 6:28 PM 563 ms.
A Halo Maps Website