A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Sargent 0
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 06:59 PM
Interests: Weight lifting, Protein, Biceps, Muscle fibers, Protein synthesis
Your Age: 15
What Games do you play: Bet I can lift more than you. Oh yeah I forgot I also play halo.
Heil my nigga

Post Statistics
Sargent 0 has contributed to 76 posts out of 467759 total posts (.02%) in 384 days (.20 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

https://www.youtube.com/user/PewDiePie

We can't let T-series kill Pewdiepie's streak.

Thank you, that really means alot.

Thank you for the reply and the tip. I'll look into it soon. However, I still do need help and I need a partner

Oh really? I thought the field officer and general shoulder armor was supposed to be like that. Thank you again for the tip

Alright I'm actually going to sleep now. its like 1:10 in the morning. I'm tired af.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 9, 2018 at 02:12 AM

HEY WAIT!!!!!

Before you go scroll down any further, I want to clarify a couple of things.

1. I'm confirming that I'll be significantly less productive than I usually am due to exams
coming up so don't expect another progress log most likely within a week or a week and a half

2. Do not even start to judge and comment about the screenshots until you've read my analysis discussing more information. So don't go around saying, hey those things look weird and are too big yet I already explain that in my analysis

3. This is my first ever original piece of work I'm showing off to the community, so I'm
pretty excited what I'm going to show you next. I've worked very hard on this.

4. This is a WIP. I have much more planned content taking place. To give off just a little bit of planned info, I'm going beyond creating just halo 2 anniversary elites clad in halo reach armor.

I don't even know what should I name this project I just slapped in my name and the word "ultimate" and there...a cool title. There's going to be typos here and there. This is my first time actually posting a thread for a project so take everything you see below with a grain of salt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, there's an analysis after these screenshots. I'll just shut up and show you the screenshots already.

ELITE FIELD OFFICER:

The first one I made. My first favorite for now.

ELITE GENERAL:

Second Favorite.

ELITE ZEALOT:

100% guarantee I'll resize the shoulder armor later.

ELITE ULTRA:

Least Favorite for now. 100% guarantee shoulder and guantlet armor definitely needs some adjusting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it. I'd say this took around maybe two day's worth of work over a two week time period including general research. Again, I'm not as productive as I used to be because of studies. I'm usually working on this type of stuff over the weekend. Progress may be slowed from my lesser modelling experience. If you can, reply if you see any conflicts(pieces of mesh crossing over other pieces of mesh. For example, a conflict between meshes would be like say...you can see an elite rangers mandibles sticking out of his visor) between the elite black undersuit and the halo reach armor pieces.

As you already know, the art style and structure of elites has changed significantly between halo 3 and halo reach, with the 343i fps halo games building upon the art style of halo reach. For example, elites in halo reach stand more upright, have straighter necks and backs granting them a bigger silhouette, which was meant to further antagonize elites and make them seem more like "the big bad guy." So giving halo 2 anniversary elites, which were inspired by classic, honorable halo 2 and halo 3 elites, halo reach elite armor was and still is within my modeling skills very hard, hence the 2 full day's worth of work.

I believe I absolutely nailed the leg armor permutations as well as the helmets, although I might need to adjust the ultras head area so the mandibles don't really cross over or conflict with its helmet mesh too much. Same may go for helmets that cover the entirety of the head like spec op elites. Now...for that zealot and ultra shoulder armor. I'll guarantee I'll resize it later and post the finalized model screenshots in the second progress log...later, I still have those studies that need attention. Same goes with the ultra elite gauntlet armor...looks like its bending its forearm in a wierd way lel.

Just comment if you want to make any new suggestions like I don't know...giving the different rankings of elite different shielding colors or whatever.

Asking for partner assist me on this project

Finally, for those chestplate armor permutations...Again and again, I try to find a way to fit them onto the h2a elite model. Its way too hard without the elite mesh crossing over other pieces of the mesh when testing animations and I don't want to delete too much of the chestplate armor mesh without making it look unrecognizable. So I need any volunteer to partner with me for just this specific task. I did recently post a thread asking for help(without specification) yet no one replied. If the armor permutations from halo reach still don't manage to fit with help, I'll just leave the vanilla h2a elite chestplate armor as it is. Not saying it'll look terrible without any armor permutations, yet it does quite give a sense of halo 2 anniversary and the new art style...see what I'm saying? If you don't then ignore the last sentence. Anyways, if you want to help and you have the ability to do so, reply concerning it and I'll private message you

For anyone who did find conflicts between pieces of mesh, here are the links to the screenshots. please highlight them for me to fix

The links go in order directly corresponding towards the order of the screenshots.

https://i.postimg.cc/V6nkPc31/elite-field-officer-1.png
https://i.postimg.cc/gJQtRCJw/elite-field-officer-2.png
https://i.postimg.cc/wBbw8CDW/elite-field-officer-3.png
https://i.postimg.cc/4xFBcCnz/elite-general-1.png
https://i.postimg.cc/MT07dgZ3/elite-general-2.png
https://i.postimg.cc/5935vcR6/elite-general-3.png
https://i.postimg.cc/VkbbK2D9/elite-zealot-1.png
https://i.postimg.cc/0Nsrcj6x/elite-zealot-2.png
https://i.postimg.cc/zD6zxvMM/elite-zealot-3.png
https://i.postimg.cc/P54NVh1w/elite-ultra-1.png
https://i.postimg.cc/J0ZzNW1t/elite-ultra-2.png
https://i.postimg.cc/pXMT2yZj/elite-ultra-3.png

Credits:

Creators of Dreamweb: Halo 2 anniversary elite model

Gravemind: Adjutant

Altehros: Even though he didn't do anything. I did get inspiration from him looking at his
halo reach/h3 elites

Bungie: hahah jk. Bungie should just go bankrupt now making those awful Destiny games.

Donald Trump: He gave me the SUCC

Oh jeez finally. Took like 3 hours making and revising this post. I'm just going to sleep now my eyes hurt.

EDIT: LOLOLOLOL I'm so fricken stupid. I forgot to credit myself. whatever
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 9, 2018 at 01:57 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Need anyone who is skilled at 3d modelling Dec 2, 2018 10:05 PM (Total replies: 0)

I need anyone who is exceptionally skilled at 3d modelling to partner with me on a project I'm working on. If you are up for it, simply reply and I'll private message you as soon as I can.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 2, 2018 at 10:08 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 2, 2018 at 11:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with 3dsmax...again Dec 1, 2018 01:35 AM (Total replies: 12)

Holy crap. I did not realize how hards h2a elites are to work with when modifying the mesh.

EDIT: I don't have any problems its just that the h2a elite has such a unique design I have to consistently work around
Edited by Sargent 0 on Dec 1, 2018 at 01:36 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with 3dsmax...again Nov 30, 2018 07:45 AM (Total replies: 12)

Oops, :p works now.

Well, thank you all for this very valuable information. I guarantee that by the weekend, I'll have some awesome stuff to show you guys.

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with 3dsmax...again Nov 29, 2018 10:38 PM (Total replies: 12)

1. Opened a new h2a elite model without regions
2. Opened multimaterial and referenced their bitmaps to their corresponding file in diffuse.(elite skin sub material has elite_suit_hex tif, which contains the elites skin)
3. Converted all geometry to editable poly or mesh.
4. Gone through each geometry selection(elite_suit, elite_armor primary, etc) and gave it material ID value for its corresponding material(elite eye mesh>given is for elite eye material)
5.selected all geometry in elements
6. I drag and drop the multi material on the model and nothing happens yet to select the entire model in element.It still doesn't render the texture. What do I do

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with 3dsmax...again Nov 27, 2018 09:21 PM (Total replies: 12)

Thatís why I make backups for my model so I donít screw anything up. You mind telling me how you add materials?
Edited by Sargent 0 on Nov 27, 2018 at 09:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with 3dsmax...again Nov 27, 2018 06:52 PM (Total replies: 12)

DYI im using jms exporter 1-0-3.

### h2a_elite_no_helmet.jms
### ERROR there must be at least one region.
### ERROR failed to import geometry 'h2a_elite_no_helmet.jms'.

When exporting from 3dsmax, I select everything and I hit export, which gives me warning: there was no geometry to export.

can you also answer my first question: how to I add the material to mesh. Explain in context of my problem.

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with 3dsmax...again Nov 26, 2018 10:24 PM (Total replies: 12)

So I removed the halo 2 anniversary elite helmet and I see the elites actual head can be rendered.

1st I want to render its textures through 3dsmax but I don't know how. Just to point out the h2a elite has 4 regions(head, arms, legs, torso) and it has 2 diffuse bitmaps(h2a_armor which has all armor obviously and h2a_suit_hex which contains the elites black undersuit, its eyes, its teeth and its skin)

2nd for some reason I can't get tool to make a gbxmodel tag. I exported the model using jms exporter script and I placed the model in the data folder. its not giving me any error it just keeps on giving me input command lines like this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>os_tool model characters\h2_elite\h2_elite_no_helmet

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>os_tool model characters\h2a_elite\h2a_elite_no_helmet

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>os_tool model characters\h2a_elite

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>os_tool model characters\h2a_elite\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool model characters\h2a_elite
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'

Halo CE General Discussion » More flood stuff! Nov 22, 2018 12:20 PM (Total replies: 16)

This looks pretty cool dude.

Alright so right now I'm taking the h2a battle rifle from dreamweb and giving it halo 3 animations. So I'm going to list what I did step by step and list out the problem in the end
-import the h2a battle rifle
-delete markers, bones, everything except the mesh.
-import halo 3 battle rifle from zteam.
-delete the halo 3 battle rifle mesh alongside with taking note of all the marker and frame locations
-Adjust markers and frames to their proper locations on the h2a battle rifle

The last step, which I have a problem with, is to link all the frames to their meshes. I don't really know the exact steps but after you link everything, your ready to export.

Thank you both for your replies.

where did you get the information that Gamecheat13 faked it. Xbox one is moddable but to an extent. You can modify the xbox one using microsofts devs mode and this file explorer https://github.com/Xenomega/xsymlink. Have you not heard of xbox one game save modding? Another example apart from the pelican in mcc by gamecheat is his halo 5 ai battle videos. Both his warden v warden and hunters vs cov + prometh ai battles take place in campaign with the ai in that specific scene(what i mean is that say there is this part in halo 5 where you fight hunters and elites. You can only make ai battles with those specific ai. You cant place down more or reduce them). The campaign is not included in the halo 5 pc version FYI.I also highly doubt that those modded mcc/campaign h5 vids dont take place in the actual game as it would take f loads effort to replicate them

Aw man I feel horrible for the dreamweb authors. Must've took alot of effort to port those assets. You know sometimes computers really piss me off.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Nov 21, 2018 at 10:01 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Nov 21, 2018 at 10:03 PM

I just got back into CE modding after I don't know half a year or more. So yeah... I'm back. I didn't really have much a reputation here other than being an annoying arrogant buthole but I guarantee soon I'll post valuable original content after I put more research into general modding. I never produced any cool lookin content although I do have some cut stuff I've gave up on cause I didn't know what to do, all on my other laptop.(Gameplay balanced altehros tags, some new hr brute and elite rank 3d models(brute spec ops, elite general), a cut "Gravemind" level thats like 10% done. I gave up cause I didn't know what to do after I had the bsp)

1. You know those animated forerunner weapons in that ce3 dreamweb preview? Yeah? Well first, are those animations 100% original(If so congrats to the animator for that god like skill) and why were they never included in the release?(I want them...I need them)

2. where are those Halo 2 anniversary marines shown in that ce3 preview? How do you get those models alongside with the h2a elites and the hcea chief biped(I'm guessing that you used a modded file explorer for the xbox one(*ahem gamecheat13)).

3.Can someone provide me with a 3dsmax tutorial? Specifically, I need a general understanding of the UI, how to rig a model with animations and making collision model tags. I'll give a some examples to best prove what I'm trying to do.

If you take a look at altehros hr elite models in max(minor, major, spec etc) you can see that all he did was kind of delete some armor mesh of a halo 3 elite and replaced them with the halo reach counter parts. At the time, altehros only had the minor, major, spec ops, ultra and zealot hr elites(He didn't make the general or the field marshall). So I myself made the general and field marshall models in max before he did in the same fashion as the other elite models. I just didnt know what the hell to do next to render it in game so I just scrapped it.(It might still be somewhere on my screwed up old laptop. its been quite some time)

Take a cool lookin halo 4 carbine and rig it somehow with halo 3 carbine animations.

Get the already available Halo 2 animation extractor, extract each individual marine animation(strafe_right,strafe_left) and rig them to a halo 2 marine model and make some collision model.

4. Can anyone provide me with tagging tutorials? I need anything to benefit my mediocre tagging skills.

I just know how to do the newbie stuff like changing up vitality values, removing child effects from some parent effect(remove electrical effect from a brute shot grenade impact), change colors of a biped, change the basic ai values(firing rate, strafe, etc)

If someone gave me a pile of tags(For example, SPV3), I can do basic mods like gameplay balance, change minor details in effects(remove smoke effect from brute shot grenade impact), etc.
However, if someone gave me a pile of models, shaders, basically any asset straight ripped from adjutant alongside with already available biped/weapon animations and I had to make a h3/hr mixed tagset(hr brute with halo 3 brute armor: halo 3 shotgun with hr textures and shaders), I'd have no idea what to do. This is what I'm trying to accomplish: I want to make cool 100% original content like cmt, altehros, megasean or any other advanced modder but I only know the basics of tagging.

An example to best prove my tagging skills: say I'm a complete master at java coding and I want to learn, i dont know uuhh, c++ and I have a very basic understanding of c++(Can make simple calculators and can understand structure of code). I look at someone elses advanced c++ program and I can maybe change up some values and maybe add a couple new methods. If I were to write some c++ program similar to the other guys advanced program, I have no idea what to do.

All I'm saying is that can anyone link me or provide with tutorials or guides so I could further study tagging. I don't want to keep coming back to this forum with some debug log asking for help every 5 minutes.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Nov 21, 2018 at 07:44 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Nov 21, 2018 at 08:09 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » help creating armor permutations and helmets May 28, 2018 02:51 PM (Total replies: 0)

FYI: I'm using altehros's betrayal tags.
I'm making chest plate armor permutations for all h3/hr elite ranks. I'm also adding 3 new elite ranks; elite general, elite field marshal and elite honor guard(hr elite armor models for general and marshal. Spv3 elite honor guard armor for elite hg) In h2 and hr brutes have helmets you have to shoot off, I'm adding the same concept to grunts. All grunt ranks other than minors will have armored faceplates and helmets you have to shoot off.

With all these cool things I'm trying to make, I only know how to modify meshes and move them around. So, would anyone mind giving a tutorial? Knowing how to make armor permutations and armor you shoot off would literally solve all of my problems.

Here look

various chest plate armor permutations for elites
new elite general, marshal and hg
grunt helmets and faceplates you shoot off(hr grunt ultra helmet and grunt heavy faceplate)
new grunt zealot rank, with shields and a helmet(Just a yellow or purple hr grunt major with a hr ultra helmet)
new jackal zealot, spec ops and ultra rank(zealot is a hr jackal major with a hr sniper helmet. specops - same thing but different color and a purple glowing eye. Ultras - different color. zealots have energy shields, a jackal shield and a helmet. Spec ops and ultras just have helmets)
skirmishers with h2 jackal animations
Edited by Sargent 0 on May 30, 2018 at 06:25 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Whats making marines flinch so much. Mar 18, 2018 03:37 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
You have to remove the biped's ping animation and set the ping interrupt times to 0

This worked. Thanks.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Whats making marines flinch so much. Mar 15, 2018 06:37 PM (Total replies: 3)

I want to remove this factor from ce marines. Its really annoying.

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for this halo 2 animation extractor Mar 4, 2018 04:46 PM (Total replies: 6)

Wish I joined this community earlier. CE's appears to be dying

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for this halo 2 animation extractor Mar 4, 2018 03:51 PM (Total replies: 6)

sounds like zteam were morons. r they still active or r they dead
Edited by Sargent 0 on Mar 4, 2018 at 03:52 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Mar 4, 2018 at 03:54 PM

Time: Sun December 9, 2018 8:04 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website