A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MoooseGuy
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 20, 2017 07:08 PM
Interests: Snowboarding, Biking, Short and Long Distance Running, Video, Gaming, Mapping and Modding.
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: HaloCe, Halo 2, MW2, HL2, Portal, Portal 2, etc.
I Approve This Message.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
MoooseGuy has contributed to 4331 posts out of 462931 total posts (.94%) in 3,212 days (1.35 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] UUI v1.1 Scripts Mar 20, 2017 07:08 PM (Total replies: 6)

Just a side note for those who are wondering, in the UI files, a button assigned to load a specified map will have its widget reference a static script. Once a level is selected, it then goes to the difficulty selection menu. The difficulty buttons, when selected, each reference a static script as well that then loads everything properly.

For example, if I wanted to load the first Lumoria level, I would have that button's widget set to run the "lvl_lumoria_a" static script. This script, when run, sets the "level" global value to 22. The widget will also be set up to go to the screen for difficulty selection.

Each button, easy through legendary, corresponds to a related static script. If I decide to play Lumoria on Heroic, I would select that button. That button is set up to run the static script "diff_hard". Within that script, it sets the difficulty to hard, waits a few frames, and then runs the "bangbangtime" script. This is where the magic of the Universal UI happens. Based on the level that was selected a few steps ago, the value of the global that was set now tells the game to load its associated level.

Based on this, you can add new levels to the UI as needed, just by creating a new static script for that level and using an unused number for the global. For example, if i wanted to make a button for a level called "boogers", I would add "(script static void lvl_boogers (set level 97))" to the bottom of the script document. Then, I would add "(if (= level 97) (map_name boogers))" to the bangbangtime script, and then create the required widget files in the tags folder.

Hopefully this helps clear up any confusion!

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] UUI v1.1 Scripts Mar 18, 2017 11:20 PM (Total replies: 6)

Good evening! I have been getting multiple requests for the scripts that were used in the Universal UI. Luckily, I just came across a copy of them on one of my external hard drives. Therefore, I am releasing them to whoever wants to pick them apart.

Mediafire Link

Text Link

Please let me know if there are any questions!

-MG

Edit: I added more details on how the script works below.
Edited by MoooseGuy on Mar 20, 2017 at 07:09 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
While you're here, why don't you give us a way to contact you? There were a couple of times people needed your knowledge not too long ago.

PM'ed.

Good afternoon, Halo-goers! It's been a while since I have interacted here, but I wanted to lay out a suggestion for this website.

During the course of Halo Custom Edition's (and Halo 2 Vista's) lifetime, HaloMaps has been one of the major go-to places for sharing and discussion of maps and mods. Halo Custom Edition enabled people to do things with the game that were previously unthinkable, and Halo 2 Vista attempted to emulate something similar. Because of this flexibility and the creativity of community members, people have been able to enjoy things from massive vehicle-based maps to new singleplayer missions.

What does this have to do with Halo 5? Well, for the first time in years, the creators of Halo have opened up new avenues for PC players to put their creativity into a Halo game. Halo 5 Forge outdoes previous games' versions of Forge in almost every way, and brings back that flexibility, scriptability, and creativity that is reminiscent of Halo Custom Edition (and the Halo 2 Editing Kit). It also allows people to play with each other via hosted and searchable game servers, just like a PC gamer would expect. Players can interact between the PC and console realms while playing their creations, which is something that has been desired for a long time.

With this in mind, I think that it would be awesome to bring this website back to the forefront by introducing a discussion forum for Halo 5 Forge and Custom Games. The forum itself would allow for people to share their ideas on scripting, object creation, game modes, and more. Elsewhere on the site, there could be tie-ins with the custom maps themselves, which are often shared on ForgeHub.

Also, I think another way to bring traffic back to this site would be to work on modernizing some of the interface elements (ForgeHub again is a great example). Couple this with continuing to offer Halo CE discussion boards and map links, and it just might lead to an increase in the amount of CE players as well. More moderators (chosen from trusted/older members) might also help with the workload.

Whew! That was a wall of text for sure, but I think that if some of these ideas were put into practice, we could see another revival of the CE community as well as open discussion on Halo's modern form of creativity.

- MG
Edited by MoooseGuy on Feb 13, 2017 at 02:04 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » attn: Unikraken Oct 10, 2016 11:17 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: StormUndBlackbird
with the map editor?

With the map editor.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release - Firefight Sector 09! Aug 25, 2016 12:01 AM (Total replies: 47)

Dude, this got released? Nice!

Congrats on the release. I remember when this started 4 years ago. How far it's come since.

Halo CE General Discussion » 12 years May 25, 2016 11:07 AM (Total replies: 49)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
Using www.archive.org it's not difficult to learn that Carnage is Dennis.

As another interesting point, the original release of Halo on Xbox will be 15 years old this year.

I don't feel old, I don't feel old...

Halo CE General Discussion » Smoke Screen Map Protector Jan 23, 2016 05:14 AM (Total replies: 120)

All hail Johnlex2!

Halo CE General Discussion » Dennis hates raffgie and rejects them. Aug 3, 2015 09:19 PM (Total replies: 34)

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Quote: --- Original message by: Tom638
but I've never actually seen so many people feed trolls and have completely pointless arguments than on this forum.

This entire thread should not even exist - it has nothing to do with "Halo CE General Discussion" or Halo at all for that matter.

Welcome to Halomaps.

Well said.

Halo CE General Discussion » Xfire Shutting Down! End Of The Line :( Jun 13, 2015 03:51 PM (Total replies: 101)

Steam: MoooseGuy

Halo CE General Discussion » Is halo ce dead? Jun 7, 2015 10:44 AM (Total replies: 33)

A game can keep living for decades if there are at least a few players.

Therefore, Halo CE will never "die", but it will reach (or has already reached) the point of complete obscurity.

Halo CE General Discussion » Any updates MooseGuy's Firefight Portent 2? May 4, 2015 08:24 AM (Total replies: 32)

...and this is another reason I left HaloMaps.

Halo CE General Discussion » Any updates MooseGuy's Firefight Portent 2? May 3, 2015 11:09 AM (Total replies: 32)

Life things have unfortunately overwhelmed my schedule, therefore I have had to step back from Halo CE in general. That said, Pepzee and Spiral are continuing to do an amazing job on development for Firefight Portent II. Pepzee can likely give a better update on where it is now.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo 5 Guardians Image Apr 29, 2015 12:16 PM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Snore.

No offense to the thread. But Halo 5 is now an official joke.

A black dude Vs. Master Chief?

There were so many other story lines they could have gone with......

Everyone has a right to their opinion. However, I think that this is a nice change of pace for the Halo saga. Having two human groups facing off against each other is a welcome shift from the ever present humanity-vs-aliens story they've had since 2001. I especially enjoy the fact that they are bringing the shiftiness and secrecy of ONI into the games. Especially in this day and age, when government invasion of privacy is a hot topic.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo 5 Guardians Image Apr 28, 2015 06:02 AM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: Invader Veex
What I'm getting from this is that the construct is likely on Sanghelios, something is leaving the place in ruins, and there's classic banshees in this picture.

Yeah, I noticed the classic banshees as well. Do you think they'll be making a comeback?

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo 5 Guardians Image Apr 27, 2015 11:39 PM (Total replies: 37)

I'll just leave this almost-completed collage piece here.

Discuss!

Halo CE General Discussion » Hilarious/shocking interview lmao... Apr 27, 2015 11:36 PM (Total replies: 31)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
"with the map editor" 11/10

Yeah I lost it there. Hahaha.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 25, 2015 10:32 AM (Total replies: 2780)

I'm gonna tell you guys, coming back from the outside and looking in, the amount of fuggs given about this game outside of Russia will be abysmally low. It seems like a big deal here in the forums, but ultimately, I think some of your guys' talents should be put to something more productive.

Halo CE General Discussion » well fellas im shipping out soon Apr 10, 2015 09:33 AM (Total replies: 21)

Best of luck, dude! Knock 'em dead.

Halo CE General Discussion » [W.I.P.] Pripyat Chernobyl. Apr 2, 2015 09:09 PM (Total replies: 53)

lmao

Time: Fri May 26, 2017 7:07 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website