A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: kirby_422
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 29, 2018 11:39 AM
Interests: アニメ
Your Age: 二十歳
What Games do you play: Hyperdimension Neptunia
Apparently public enemy number 1?

Post Statistics
kirby_422 has contributed to 3115 posts out of 467524 total posts (.67%) in 4,628 days (.67 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Synced AI in multiplayer maps Jun 29, 2018 11:39 AM (Total replies: 3)

Lots of different ways to go about it; showing the clients where the AI is, is simple; just produce an object that does sync (vehicle, by objects_attach and detach. Projectiles, through effects. etc). This method has always been public since when I had first shown it.
You can always use this script command to force all clients to rely on the host for where projectiles are
(set allow_client_side_weapon_projectiles false)

Using LUA in the server (SAPP or Chimera), you can do similar to the above, and check stuff like animations to show. With LUA on both server and client (Chimera), you can make use of RCON messages to pass information directly. As Chimera is opensource, its possible that you can directly add it as a default feature rather than RCON, as there was progress to adding custom netcode (I don't believe its done, but if any of it is on the repository yet, or, at least when it is, you can re-purpose it for your own use)

Halo CE General Discussion » JMS exporters May 23, 2018 01:44 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
I had 3ds Max 8, while it does "function", the view ports leave artifacts on the screen and eventually stop working.

If you know a way around this I'd be happy to know, because I prefer Max 8 when it comes to Halo.

There are legends on the internet, that if you do something that totally shouldn't work, it will fix it. Apparently if you make a copy of the 3dsmax exe, and run the differently named exe instead, if somehow magically fixes it for no understandable reason. I haven't done full tests myself, but the one week I left 3dsmax 8 running in the background occasionally messing with it with the renamed exe, and it didn't break. witchcraft.

Quote: --- Original message by: SomeFan
so you say chimera's Lua scripting allows a map to open a program on your PC?! does this sound ripe for abuse to anyone else?

Yes, chimera has two different LUA modes, one where the LUA is per map, which is extremely limited (these can be put into the .map files, or in a folder with a lua per map), or global folder which is unlimited LUA (So, users are required to purposely put the LUA scripts they want in there since people are afraid of the maliciousness); while these aren't directly tied to a map, you can still make it tied to a map by checking the current loaded map name.

Anyways, the operating system LUA library, you can use any executables on the machine, or read/write/remove any files (ie, delete system32, add your keylogger to the startup files)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Yeah. Someone I know has more or less a full copy of the h2spp stuff, and is working on heavily cleaning it up. I wont name names since they are doing it on their own time and probably wont want the attention.

Just to be clear, I did NOT make this extractor. The credits can be found in the script. I merely made it work for newer versions of Max and made it able to extract animations without having a skeleton scene.

Does their name start with a k? There's only been 4 people, including me who've had access to the H2SPP folder.

I sadly don't have access anymore though.

Wasn't me, meaning its fairly outdated. I would naturally assume their name starts with m, since a certain person whose name starts with m does talk with moses.

Anyways, idk how different this one is from the version I've received (can't even directly check, since the one I was left with was an encrypted maxscript), but if its close too the one I have, you don't want it to automatically export the JMOs; it'll be missing the base keyframe. Also, where did kornman release this, and is there other things there?

Also, all those H2 marine jokes, you do realize I've released a map with those tags without mentioning it, just to continue the trolling, right? I'm sure that map is available on the HMU archives.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Are Pre-Rendered SFM cutscenes possible? Mar 25, 2018 11:29 PM (Total replies: 6)

Stock doesn't support playing external media. Add-ons can allow you to do more, such as opensauce allowing .BIK files to be played (As far as I know, OS is the only one to allow video playing ingame). Technically chimera supports it by using LUA to run commands directly on your computer; have it open up a regular media player on their PC.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 juggernaut actor/biped tags?? Feb 17, 2018 11:54 PM (Total replies: 2)

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=46816

MP maps can be loaded using sv_map <mapname> <gametype>
But, with stock halo, you'd only be able to deal with stock gametypes in your scripts (since you wouldn't be able to get the names of custom ones); again, you'd need something like chimera.

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117
I figured since we only have 1 UUI and you cannot update or personalise it

You can totally update and customize it; you could rip and modify it, but im pretty sure moose even released the source files *shrug*

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117
Obviously its possible since the UUI exists, sadly no tutorials nor info regarding linking maps to it exist. Some say scripts might do the trick though what kind of script? I've examined the UUI script and tried to replicate it but that too results in errors.

UI widgets can execute dormant scripts (list the script name under event handlers, in the script textbox). What you want to load the map, is the 'map_name <STRING>' command to load your map.

Anyways, to make just a UI map, you make a UI widget for each map you want in the list, and have a script for each of them. You could go further, and use something like Chimera and its LUA system to make it get data from elsewhere (dynamically check map folder, read a map list, or whatever you want, etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwJkdsp6Vdo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL11fWaUipQ
K, I've done my update for the year. See you in 2019 for the next h2spp update /troll

and then I did something other than I said I was going to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_KCyRNK6sI nothing new, just done with newer technologies, and more multiplayer friendly (which doesn't effect H2SPP in the slightest)
And on the weekend, ill probably do a completely different thing than this, and than what I said I was going to do, because why not?

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Gib H2SPP news pls

No real news, other than all the BSPs for 06a are done (pretty sure I showed that during the final CE3), although I'd like to do touchups. Pretty sure I only had one more BSP for 06b to get ingame, although I believe all those BSPs (that werent shared with 06a) needed touchups. I did something related to instance geo, but I don't remember what. All the devices are setup and ingame for 06a (pistons and such).

For actual plans (which I havent touched in eternity), in 06a, during the transport between the two walls, there is going to be a flood juggernaut latched onto a sentinel enforcer; helping one won't exactly do well for you (trying to decide still whether they tie by themselves, or whether it'll be how juggernauts are included in the story, like a mini-boss after it finishes the enforcer)

Anyways, should be able to redo my duel wielding yet again (did I even show you guys the last version? probably not) using chimera's LUA stuff. I guess ill look into that today, see what kind of new dual POC I can get done.

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
The real reason this was never done was that AI don't pathfind on devices.

I have no idea what you're talking about; they do great. I later upgraded the elites to be jetpack elites so they could come back on if they accidentally dive or fall off (apparently never recorded that part).

Quote: --- Original message by: TheHaloKnight
Is it even possible to get those animations ?

The real joke, is I've actually released actual H2 marine animations last year for the sake of trolling; the real question you have to ask, is where I released them.

Quote: --- Original message by: DillPicklez903
cache file 45.20M too large (should be 128.00M but was 173.20M)

Map file too large; loose some tags, or compile as yelo
os_tool build-cache-file-ex "" 0 0 1 levels\test\gulch\floodnblood

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I need help with compiling in OS Tool Oct 16, 2017 05:26 PM (Total replies: 1)

Quote: --- Original message by: DillPicklez903
MAXIMUM_SIMULTANEOUS_TAG_INSTANCES

Too many tags.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Legs in First Person Mar 27, 2017 03:42 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422

I would show my screens of how that looks with active camo and FP shield shaders, but imageshack has basically purged all their non-paying customers old stuff. Sorry.

http://m.imgur.com

Hows logging into my imgur account going to unpurge all my old photos that I don't have anymore?

Halo CE General Discussion » Uncommon tool error Mar 27, 2017 03:21 AM (Total replies: 6)

spheres are nearly always too round (other surfaces can be too, but typically spheres); given that you've said yours are extra round, definitely that sphere. Its the collision that doesn't like it, so you can have a render only surface that is extra round, and a more blocky collision only surface at the same location.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Legs in First Person Mar 27, 2017 12:05 AM (Total replies: 11)

The best way is to attach and detach parts identical to the legs pieces, to the character, however how well this looks will depend fully on your biped (and mostly their animations)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah1wP_qb3DA
Default H1 chief doesn't go anywhere near as well as Arby; havent checked H2 chief at this time.

I would show my screens of how that looks with active camo and FP shield shaders, but imageshack has basically purged all their non-paying customers old stuff. Sorry.

Halo CE General Discussion » Uncommon tool error Mar 26, 2017 11:48 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
MAXIMUM_BSP3D_DEPTH

Believe that was the error for collision being too round.

Greetings, last year the Christmas Mapping Team (CMT) struggled to complete our desired goal; this year, we did even worse, and it isn't even overly funny this year *shrug*

If you think something broke, it probably did (I slightly tested this year compared to last year), if it did, use developer mode and 'wake core_script' to advance the story... Of course, if you do that near the end, it will advance you to the end of the level... keep that in mind. When you become a drug addict, the effects will likely continue for all eternity; oh well, that's what you get for turning to drugs I guess.

Last year, people wanted an image; why not?

Collect presents, and help Santa decide who to take along with him to deliver the presents, now that hes behind schedule by collecting evidence to why they should, or shouldn't (I lied, its only shouldn't) help him. Since Trump won the election, he wins any ties in-game.

Last Years release thread
Download

H2EK is extremely stripped down compare to H1EK; Microsoft didn't really want people making custom maps, and hence stripped many features out (Some features have been restored by the community, although many features are still missing). H2 itself, doesn't even allow AI spawning in the Multiplayer Engine (people have applications to edit memory, to swap the engine temporarly to get some AI spawning in MP), and H2EK is only directly designed to compile MP maps.

Anyways, if you collect all the hacked tools, you can at least create a singleplayer map with Spartan and Elite AI, although they will not be able to freely wander the map; the information required to do so has been stripped. You can either have them stand still, or make them walk a set direction for a set number of steps. References to the AI are also stripped, meaning you cannot use scripts to refer to the AI later on (if they didn't strip this, you could of written your own AI pathfinding setup).

Look around here, thats an entire H2V community. The tools should be available there, as well as the few people left who deal with H2V.

Time: Sun September 23, 2018 5:33 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website