A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: OrangeJuice
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 3, 2018 01:51 PM
Interests: nobody cares...
Your Age: nobody cares...
What Games do you play: nobody cares...
halohek.pbworks.com

Post Statistics
OrangeJuice has contributed to 1894 posts out of 467039 total posts (.41%) in 3,457 days (.55 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Jul 3, 2018 01:51 PM (Total replies: 16)

Try one of these exporters:

bobbysoon's JMS exporter(is a maxscript)
or
junglegym (is a DLE, so goes in plugins)
Edited by OrangeJuice on Jul 3, 2018 at 01:51 PM

And to clarify even further; It's because:

With Chimera + HAC2 installed at the same time:

• Best multiplayer experience

• These can be used with another addon called optic: These are the medals (stuff like double kill and triple kill stunt medals in later halo games)

• chimera can autosmooth animations. Halo's original animations run at 25//30, this upgrades them. Which can make multiplayer a little nicer at close-range

• HAC2 can download most maps automatically. No need to shutdown halo, go to halomaps, and install map files.

• HAC2 allows you to join full servers by simply waiting for a player slot to open

With OpenSauce:

• Best for singleplayer

• Allows extra graphical tools and settings

• This is mostly for developers, modders, and specially upgraded maps. I'm also unsure it's being developed anymore

HAC2 and opensauce don't work together on anything but windows 7 and older in most cases. Some people do have them working together, but even with the fix, my game simply loads opensauce and HAC2 disables itself before the game launches, that's totally not a fix.
Edited by OrangeJuice on Jul 2, 2018 at 05:04 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Jul 2, 2018 01:59 AM (Total replies: 16)

Are you using the old bluestreak 102 exporters from 10 years ago? Those tend to make fake errors sometimes
Edited by OrangeJuice on Jul 2, 2018 at 02:09 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem with setting the difficulty Jun 25, 2018 04:08 PM (Total replies: 6)

For that: If you simply typed game_dif and pressed tab, the console will fill in parts of the command automatically

If that doesn't work though, perhaps the map isn't compiled with the proper singleplayer resources even though it's marked as one
Edited by OrangeJuice on Jun 25, 2018 at 04:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem with setting the difficulty Jun 24, 2018 06:52 PM (Total replies: 6)

with game_difficulty_set, are you setting a number?

Because I believe you have to type a worded value like so:

• game_difficulty_set easy

• game_difficulty_set normal

• game_difficulty_set hard

• game_difficulty_set impossible

Also, you may have to set it before launching the map
Edited by OrangeJuice on Jun 25, 2018 at 04:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » There was no geometry to export, some help? May 30, 2018 11:42 PM (Total replies: 4)

JMS exporter will stubbornly refuse to work once it has displayed an error, close the exporter and try again when it does.

Make sure your uncompiled level is under data\levels rather than tags\levels

And finally, tool automatically looks in data, so if your model were in the levels folder it'd be structure levels\levelname BSPname

(and not data\levels\levelname)

--------

If it's a newly created level, your main geometry needs at the very least:
A Multi/Sub-Object material applied to it with at least one Standard submaterial. You probably did all of this, but a reminder is always good

The main geometry must also be visible(not hidden) when it's time to export.
Edited by OrangeJuice on May 30, 2018 at 11:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » JMS exporters May 23, 2018 03:34 PM (Total replies: 7)

Heey if you can confirm that those fixes work(considering how hard it is to confirm them), post it here

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=8580&start=44
Edited by OrangeJuice on May 23, 2018 at 03:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Horrible, horrible faliure... May 21, 2018 08:25 PM (Total replies: 8)

Are you using the Bluestreak 102 exporter from 10 years ago? That's known to cause random non-errors on perfect BSPs
Edited by OrangeJuice on May 21, 2018 at 08:27 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » 3dsmax 2019 May 14, 2018 09:57 PM (Total replies: 12)

Compared to the releases before it, this version didn't really bring anything new to the table that can't already be done through maxscripts or plugins

----------------------

I still use 3dsmax5 for most other things and just as a self-imposed challenge to ssee how far I can push it. It helps that you can turn every PC in the house into a renderfarm through raysat.

Blender is just..... mmm... Damn. It's a great little tool for making the more complicated stuff like hand-painted cubemaps and other data'esque textures. But at this rate, I'll never learn how to model with it. I just use it to load FBX files for texture painting. It even loads krita animations !
Edited by OrangeJuice on May 14, 2018 at 10:36 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Confirmed? May 10, 2018 02:12 PM (Total replies: 29)

Luckily these forums are so ridiculously old and outdated that I can simply just download an entire tree branch of history from it so that another mass-deletion can't be hidden the moment people realize they've screwed up.

In hindsight, anyone who makes content for haloCE can make backups of a forum hive for the purpose of malice and truth. Us halomaps devs are pretty smart.
Edited by OrangeJuice on May 10, 2018 at 08:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 7, 2018 11:13 PM (Total replies: 52)

And he also weasels his way out of accountability for ill-will.

Sparky told various people to go to hell using religious quote references as loopholed attempt to disclaim having said it himself ; The heathen chose to press enter.
Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 25, 2018 at 03:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » To find an encounter name Mar 18, 2018 06:28 PM (Total replies: 19)

Ah sweet, that works too

Tested both

Halo CE General Discussion » To find an encounter name Mar 18, 2018 06:17 PM (Total replies: 19)

Use the command:

ai_free encounter_block_here
frees an AI from its active encounter area

As far as identifying encounter_blocks or squad_blocks that you could use, I am unaware of any way to do this without sapien-only debug commands or simply guessing which encounter blocks go where in Guerilla
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 18, 2018 at 06:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Essential Mapping Pack [By Halonimator] Mar 17, 2018 01:46 AM (Total replies: 14)

Why would you want haloce to use more than 800mb of ram if it doesn't really do anything with 4gb of it?

To waste ram?

(Does alotting more ram to haloce(specifically haloce. Decidedly haloce)actually TANGIBLY improve something I'm not aware of? It's fun not knowing stuff! Telll meee moooooooreee!!!! ;) )
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 17, 2018 at 01:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 8, 2018 01:30 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Jiggler.

https://youtu.be/J4zPdCmNjDU
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 8, 2018 at 01:30 PM

Here's an older topic that might clear some things up that someone with your problem progressed on: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49824

It's the third post, with a few trial and error findings from super flanker on what they did wrong
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 2, 2018 at 02:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 28, 2018 02:08 AM (Total replies: 11475)

I love pavilions

throwing stuff together instead of drawing the level in advance on paper may be slower, but I'll be damned if it doesn't produce results
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 28, 2018 at 11:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Misión grunts (Co-op map) Feb 27, 2018 10:23 AM (Total replies: 6)

All someone would have to do if they are not part of the intended target-audience: Is simply not download the map

This kind of texturemod doesn't carry as much impact here as it would pretty much anywhere else. The people here on this site are used to having access to a much better game client with much better content creation tools

Hence the critique is harsh and negative because there's a ton of better stuff already on hand to compare it to xD

And damnation was just unnecessary ! All they did with damnation was set all reflection properties to 1.000000
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 25, 2018 at 01:28 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 22, 2018 07:42 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Slowly but surely, once I have enough art assets I'll start to enjoy myself later

I'm actually enjoying this. Handpainted multipurpose maps
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 23, 2018 at 04:55 AM

Time: Tue July 17, 2018 1:42 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website