A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Masters1337
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 11:36 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 25
What Games do you play: Halo, Gears of War, Infinity Blade, Nothing else
halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Post Statistics
Masters1337 has contributed to 5760 posts out of 464282 total posts (1.24%) in 4,244 days (1.36 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Aug 6, 2017 11:36 PM (Total replies: 64)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I think your post speaks for your irrational hatred of me.
Oh trust me, its not irrational.

Or maybe it's just your jealousy.
With the hole you've dug for yourself, I have nothing to be jealous of, atleast not from you

You know. Like those screenshots I have of your "opinions" of i01.
Any opinion or greivance i have of/for/against I01 is always shown to the developers and leads. Unlike you, I know how to have civil conversation and talk to many of them about various parts of their game. Not to mention, I've been friends with Bean/Church/AI since before I01 was a thing and have worked with all three on various other projects. There's a certain amount of trust that can be afforded to the people you've worked with.

I believe your team leaders will be sitting you down soon about that you naughty boy you.
Kinky, but you're not my type. There's nothing to be said because we don't include you in our chats.

Anything else you want to say before you make yourself out to be more of a fool?

Yeah, stop comparing me to a child molester and rapist.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Aug 6, 2017 10:44 PM (Total replies: 64)

I don't even have your personal information, it was offered to me By Who?

and I turned it down. Doxing you would be incredibly dumb to do, nevermind illegal.
Not you you care

Despite your behavior, it would be criminal and morally wrong for me to endanger you in that way, and would gain me nothing but trouble.
Implying you're not already by the amount of s--t you've been doing in the past few days?

I had nothing to do with Altheros's behavior in the past, and would have fallen victim to the same as you if I wasn't smarter with my Facebook.
It wouldn't be surprising if you egged him on regardless.

I've asked you countless times to stop harassing me, so stop.
Ever hear the phrase "respect goes both ways"? Clearly you haven't, because you've not only continuously been harassing HIM, but you're self victimizing and acting as if you arent acting like a horrible person, much like most libtards.

I've never posted anything about your health, that you didn't already bring up in this very forum (if I did, well sorry, it was not my intent).
"You did it, so i can too" isn't enough of an argument that could hold up in court. Even so, you blasted him publically on discord AND twitter, which worsens the damage you've caused because the traffic that goes to those places is significantly higher than here on HMF.

I've never revealed anything that could personally identify you, nor do I have anything of that nature.

I would love nothing more than to leave you alone,
Then leave him alone. Be the better man. You're almost 30, but you're acting like you're a child who just got on the internet.

but for some reason you keep mentioning me and slandering me at every chance you get.
Because you keep on being a terrible person, notably to him.

So stop.
Edited by Masters1337 on Aug 6, 2017 at 09:15 PM

At this point, you need to grow the hell up Neil. Act your age before you go join E3p0

Hey man don't be revealing my personal info. /s.

I think your post speaks for your irrational hatred of me. Or maybe it's just your jealousy. You know. Like those screenshots I have of your "opinions" of i01. I believe your team leaders will be sitting you down soon about that you naughty boy you.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Aug 6, 2017 07:38 PM (Total replies: 64)

I don't even have your personal information, it was offered to me and I turned it down. Doxing you would be incredibly dumb to do, nevermind illegal. Despite your behavior, it would be criminal and morally wrong for me to endanger you in that way, and would gain me nothing but trouble. I had nothing to do with Altheros's behavior in the past, and would have fallen victim to the same as you if I wasn't smarter with my Facebook. .

I've asked you countless times to stop harassing me, so stop. I've never posted anything about your health, that you didn't already bring up in this very forum (if I did, well sorry, it was not my intent). I've never revealed anything that could personally identify you, nor do I have anything of that nature.

I would love nothing more than to leave you alone, but for some reason you keep mentioning me and slandering me at every chance you get. So stop.
Edited by Masters1337 on Aug 6, 2017 at 09:15 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Aug 6, 2017 07:12 PM (Total replies: 64)

So called leader stood up for you and stopped you from getting Doxed, again. Just for the record.

Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
Quote: --- Original message by: cippozzo
Guys, I have a question: could you notice the difference between Halo 2 and Halo CE with H2 tagsets?(Hud health bar apart)

There are some distinct differences in lighting and bump maps. Also, the Halo 2 PC version has from memory no detail maps.

It has them, they just aren't used as much as in H1 since the assets in general are higher quality.
Edited by Masters1337 on Aug 6, 2017 at 07:15 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Recorded Animation Problems Aug 6, 2017 06:48 PM (Total replies: 3)

you need to lock the game to 30 FPS, otherwise it records your inputs at 60 and tries playing them back each actual ingame tick.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 6, 2017 03:50 PM (Total replies: 12103)

We have DLMs. For it now, but maybe in the future I will re run the standard light maps just to see what happens.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 6, 2017 12:22 PM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Question: DLMs?

Outside of TSC:E and the exterior of Keyes, no. To much work for all our BSPs. Last I counted we have around 60-70 of them.

Dang. It really was one of the cooler parts of Open Sauce.
Any reason for the exterior of Keyes in particular?

It to bad we can't get the normals to show up on BSPs like they did on XBox... even if DLMs are better.

For reasons, and we don't know why, the d20 exterior, and control room exterior can't have their lightmaps re run. Tool spits errors about degenerate triangles... even though it makes no sense as to why that could happen. We presume an older version of tool was used, or that when the BSPs were automated to PC format something broke (although using moses converter didnt fix this issue, so this is less likely).

For the D20 exterior, it has few light sources and doesn't have any actual transition to another BSP, which made doing DLMs for it a quick and dirty task, compared to other areas of the game. Plus the original lighting there really sucked.

If your using the original bsps, the problem is shaders that use the "simple parametrization" feature, if a uvm is stretched tool cant run lightmaps since it uses the uvm allocated in the bsp rather than building new uvms for the lightmap mesh. To solve this is as easy to unmark that specific feature.

Are you sure about that? Some of the shaders that use it are used in other BSPs, which do have tool compiled lightmaps. Interesting none the less.

Quote: --- Original message by: snark567
SPV3 Part 2 looks like a downgrade compared to the visuals of the first part. But at least it's coming out so I have nothing to complain about.

In some ways yes, in some ways no. We were right up against the model data limit are various points, and had to work around it for quite a whole until Michelle fixed the issue. That said we also didn't really have that much time to iterate with art assets as before either, given that part 2 was basically done in 8 months (we didn't seriously get back to work until december/january).

However, we did look at a lot of our assets and got rid of some compressed textures for things in first person, and those do look noticeably better now than they did before, the shotgun and FP arms for instance. Texture filtering has also been improved, thanks to Chimera.
Edited by Masters1337 on Aug 6, 2017 at 12:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 4, 2017 05:09 PM (Total replies: 12103)

It doesn't exactly work that well, and even after work is done, there is no guarantee you will be able to get the portals to work as well as it did before. It's like swapping out a solid foundation for a more rickety one, which is why we never edit stock areas. With the exception of the end of AOTCR which was just to cool an area to pass up.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 3, 2017 11:40 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
All that time rendering DLMs could be used to expose "alt right (+ white supremacist for credibility) trolls". Far more important.

Or play with legos.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 2, 2017 04:32 PM (Total replies: 12103)

Outside of TSC:E and the exterior of Keyes, no. To much work for all our BSPs. Last I counted we have around 60-70 of them.

Dang. It really was one of the cooler parts of Open Sauce.
Any reason for the exterior of Keyes in particular?

It to bad we can't get the normals to show up on BSPs like they did on XBox... even if DLMs are better.

For reasons, and we don't know why, the d20 exterior, and control room exterior can't have their lightmaps re run. Tool spits errors about degenerate triangles... even though it makes no sense as to why that could happen. We presume an older version of tool was used, or that when the BSPs were automated to PC format something broke (although using moses converter didnt fix this issue, so this is less likely).

For the D20 exterior, it has few light sources and doesn't have any actual transition to another BSP, which made doing DLMs for it a quick and dirty task, compared to other areas of the game. Plus the original lighting there really sucked.

Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
are you talking about the RTS built off the AOE2 engine?

great game, Star Wars Force Commander was my childhood though.

I still have my discs :X.

Or at least some of them.
Edited by Masters1337 on Aug 2, 2017 at 12:03 AM

are you talking about the RTS built off the AOE2 engine?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 31, 2017 01:37 PM (Total replies: 64)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Hes doing good right.

- to mega: Just use anything but never the og damage values for your mod... I don't want to bring the pain of h2's legendary to hce.
Edited by Halonimator on Jul 31, 2017 at 12:25 PM
Edited by Halonimator on Jul 31, 2017 at 12:50 PM

If you ever looked at H2, you'd see that it uses an entirely different system than CE for calculating damage.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 31, 2017 11:59 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 31, 2017 12:59 AM (Total replies: 64)

I'd be more than happy to show you how to extract and recompile them, the H2 art style is one of my favorites and I'd like to see it done right.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 31, 2017 12:40 AM (Total replies: 64)

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Most likely is due to poorly done shaders

What's crazy is he has been porting content since longer than SPV3 has been in dev and it still looks like this. It doesn't even appear that he went and used the highest quality bitmaps from H2V, which is weird considering he tested the applications that allow him to extract it.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 30, 2017 08:38 PM (Total replies: 12103)

Yes. I'd rather just download the maps once and be done with it.

It simply alerts you to the updates, there is no requirement that you download anything once you play. In order to get the full expierence.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 30, 2017 06:59 PM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: Giro

Haloanimator; could you fix Whomps-fortress's enemy spawning? Kind of annoying to do platforming segments and suddenly brutes spawn in thin air around you.

Anyway, I'm excited for SPV3, though I hope I can play other custom maps with it (apparently a new launcher and file location is used for it, had all my files in one place), though I have no idea how that would affect the skull menu.
Edited by Giro on Jul 30, 2017 at 05:28 PM

The way it currently will work is when you download SPV3, it includes Halo CE. It verifies you have Halo CE installed, and then makes a copy of all needed files to a second directory halo spv3. From there, it creates a shortcut to spv3.exe, which is our mandatory launcher, which launches the location of the game.

The launcher is used to deliver updates (it downloads nothing to your computer), enable 60 FPS and other Chimera settings, EAX for enhanced audio, a functional continue button, and more planned features for the future.

One of these features is multi mod support. Eventually, the launcher will be able to let you switch between SPV1, SPV2, SPV3, and our next project currently named "Oddball", outside of ones Halo Custom Edition folder, with all that good stuff we listed earlier.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 30, 2017 02:27 PM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
I'm still of the opinion that Halonimator is actually an extremely elaborate alt account of Masters.

Conspiracy time, is Halonimator who we think he is?

I hope for all of you to get cancer and a healthcare bill that banckrupts your family with it.

Masters responding to any opinion he doesn't agree with on Twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFcUjhuXYAEA7Rq?format=jpg

of course you couldn't be more wrong. There was no disagreement, it was in response to an alt right white supremacist troll. Why don't you post the full context of that?

Quote: 19/m/white, Alt-Right for life, Trump Supporter, Devils Advocate, owner of unpopular opinions, known for triggering liberal dumbasses, Xbox GT: Halo Archivist.

But of course you have nothing to do with your life apparently than try to vilify me for what exactly? Sticking up to someone who literally advocates for things that literally are bankrupting your family due to the illness you publicly talk about at every opportunity.

And why is this even here? Don't you have your own thread for you to derail with the 8382 rebranding of your team?

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
I'm still of the opinion that Halonimator is actually an extremely elaborate alt account of Masters.

Conspiracy time, is Halonimator who we think he is?

I hope for all of you to get cancer and a healthcare bill that banckrupts your family with it.

Masters responding to any opinion he doesn't agree with on Twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFcUjhuXYAEA7Rq?format=jpg

It's actually a clever ploy to make us think Halonimator is Masterz, but its really someone else

I am actually more and more convinced he is an alt account, his behavior is now self parodying. But I can't see anyone here wasting time to make crappy maps just to flesh out their alt accounts legitimacy
Edited by Masters1337 on Jul 30, 2017 at 02:28 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Project Glassed Jul 30, 2017 12:23 PM (Total replies: 3)

It all looks pretty, but so far I haven't seen anything gameplay wise from them.

Time: Mon October 16, 2017 9:48 PM 484 ms.
A Halo Maps Website