A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Masters1337
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 12, 2018 10:04 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 25
What Games do you play: Halo, Gears of War, Infinity Blade, Nothing else
halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Post Statistics
Masters1337 has contributed to 5854 posts out of 468038 total posts (1.25%) in 4,641 days (1.26 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Use Refinery. These are data files and are useless to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mj0ncj7dqdd3kv8/brute%20source.rar?dl=0
Edited by Masters1337 on Nov 12, 2018 at 08:28 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 11, 2018 11:06 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Currently, we hope to track individual unique users which is a much better metric, and hopefully how often they go to play too. I want to do more advanced metric tracking, but of course there are the privacy issues related to that and public trust.

So uh, why would you need this information?

obviously so they can sell it

Hey you say it even in jest and people will believe it.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 11, 2018 10:22 PM (Total replies: 12123)

In terms of unique download numbers, it’s just a good metric to have in order to know how big your audience is.

As far as other data we could gain from the player profile and saved core files, we could potentially see what missions people are playing on and for how long, and in certain cases have the player send us their game state so we can resume their mission and determine if a crash is hardware related or an error on our part. I imagine anything beyond the unique user ID (which would be anonymous) we would let people opt into, rather than just acquire. All this stuff is theoretical, but similar data was sent to bungies servers with h2 in order to get metrics on player behaviors in that campaign.

Like I said, there are lots of possibilities but what we can and should or would do is still being discussed and debated.

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000

You can rip them via MEK and import them into max.

Why don't you just release the SPV3 tagset?
Edited by Nickster5000 on Nov 11, 2018 at 07:43 PM

It be a pain to clean up for public release, esp while we are in the middle of an overhaul regarding organization and texture revisions while the update is in active development. There are things that are currently incomplete and broken too, and that’s the type of stuff we shouldn’t be releasing to the public anyway.

Refinery exists so people can pull tags from maps, in a clean reliable way. There’s no reason not to use it unless you need the original tif data for textures, but people will need to lower the res on whatever most likely regardless how they are getting the textures to fit them in a standard map. But if one wants our finished content and not WIP, refinery is the way to go.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 11, 2018 07:57 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
You should probably just get your own website at this point. We did that for Lumoria and was super handy not only to simply have all information/media in one place, but also "official" download links and the files themselves hosted on our own servers (besides from Halomaps). Overall, it just looks much more professional that way - considering SPv3 has such a wide reach/playerbase, it would probably be best to do something like that too.

Either way, there isn't really ever a reason to use mediafire. While the service itself isn't really a problem, the website is definitely associated with files that may contain viruses, and to an average user, does not seem secure. Google drive is really a great alternative option IMO and is pretty cheap (like $2) for 100gb/month, if creating/maintaining a website is too expensive.

Lumoria's official website is still up btw - we can always host the alternative CMT version as well once it is complete.
It probably would be good to have a mirror there, our own websites are the wikia and the subreddit. We can’t host on halomaps as the maps are no longer able to pass the requirements here as they are no longer self contained.

Mediafire we previously used just because of the ability to have the downloads recorded, but it’s not really ideal in the long run. Currently, we hope to track individual unique users which is a much better metric, and hopefully how often they go to play too. I want to do more advanced metric tracking, but of course there are the privacy issues related to that and public trust.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Tagset Released! Nov 11, 2018 06:33 PM (Total replies: 19)

Much better than halo 3.

Who wants anything from halo 3. Gross!

You can rip them via MEK and import them into max.

Halo CE General Discussion » That UUI Update? Nov 7, 2018 08:57 PM (Total replies: 13)

Honestly very few people understand halo’s UI system to an extent they can do things with them. You are at their mercy (as am I) when it comes to this stuff. I wouldn’t bother trying to learn it yourself.

Halo CE General Discussion » That UUI Update? Nov 7, 2018 07:13 AM (Total replies: 13)

You set difficulty first, map name second.

You need a widget to call a script. Just rip the UUI and you should be able to figure it out.

Halo CE General Discussion » That UUI Update? Nov 5, 2018 10:13 AM (Total replies: 13)

It was being developed by Jazz from the SPV3 team and others, but is currently on hold as he finishes up SPV3 work. Some of the stuff he is doing for SPV3's new UI will surely make it into the new UUI as well

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 5, 2018 10:12 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117

Masters are you taking a shot at me or was there something I misread? My sarcasm, stupidity or whatever you want to call it is targeted at map makers in general. I'm sure I posted this multiple times regarding the need for new UUIs and or tutorials. Now that you mention it, not every content creator has a 3rd party ripping security installer that you have. So good for you I guess.

And now I'm curious... What's with all these viruses people are talking about regarding your installer? My security pinged one of the GTA modder's personal sites with his files and tutorials rigged with coin miners. PC modders seems to be into that stupid bit coin business and can easily create these DLLs, installers and mods just to get into millions of unaware gamers PCs who download their stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if you've gone down this path too, I'm now suspicious. The timing of this is all happening so conveniently and the installer and DLL thing is such an easy way to hide malware and viruses as compared to the simple RAR and MAP file...

I'm on the fence now, I dunno if I should trust you and your followers or the people who despise you (for some reason?? I missed this part) and those pointing the virus finger... Don't get me wrong, you do awesome work but in this day and age its really hard to trust anyone these days. Plus I think I missed this little CMT thing that's been floating around here and abroad lately, care to elaborate?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Nov 5, 2018 at 04:41 AM

I'm not taking shots at anyone, I'm just saying people think they are clever in thinking they can merge the two when in reality they don't understand the two aren't fully compatible. We don't have any sort of security on our maps and everything we do is open source once released. We don't subscribe to the idea of keeping things private (although some things in which we are requested to, we do).

I'm not aware of any legit complaints about viruses or anything of the sort. Some people don't like mediafire, but that's not us and we are hoping to move away from it in the next release. The source code to the installer and launcher is available online for anyone who wants to see what's in it. You can also always open the installer as an archive, and see everything in there.

The installer contains the original unmodified Halo CE installer, a copy of our SPV3 dev environment with all dev content stripped out, compressed maps (.yumi files) and a copy of the open sauce installer.

The reason for the installer is to simplify the install process of CE, as our primary audience is people who don't have CE installed and are primarily console gamers. The reason for the launcher is to provide controller support and easy configuration without the user having to enable settings by command line. It also helps people avoid errors by having other things mixed in their HCE directory, like HAC2 or an incompatible version of Chimera.

You don't need to trust me when I say the launcher is safe and free, the creator of the launchers full name is there in the launcher, if he were to include malware or viruses in it, do you think he'd be including that? Do you think I'd put my reputation on the line and that of our team's work to include malware in a project that attracts tons of computer geeks who would easily figure it out?

That said, windows defender does sometimes block the launcher, as it reads and modifes contents in the Halo CE folder in my games. That is where open sauce and chimera user settings are stored, and its also where the saved game files are stored as well, which is read to determine values set in the game so the continue button knows what difficulty and level should be loaded.

I also believe Norton blocks the installer at some point as well, but thats just it being over protective of unvrified software. But everyone knows Norton is crap.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 5, 2018 12:02 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Multiple times on the subreddit. I am pretty sure we also mentioned it here when someone made a tutorial on how to not use our installer as a way to spite us, as he knew that we use a customized version of OS. As I said, won' be an issue in the future as we will be locking down the maps a bit tighter and they will store their data differently.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 4, 2018 07:38 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Idaho
If Firefight really is coming that's some great news, I've always thought we needed to rework some areas of the SPv3 maps to create firefight encounters, I'm glad this will be seeing the light of day...

I know I have not been as regular when it came to writing the terminals in part 2 of SPv3 but I think I've always been a good beta tester, you should contact me if you need some testing...

Feel free to join the discord. https://discord.gg/NuTEPEa

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
Cool... More maps... Too bad we still have to use the `map_name functions... Looks at you UUI authors...

I mean to be fair, we could all put some effort in ourselves if someone shared how to actually do it so we wouldn't have to rely on the same one or two people doing all the work for everyone.

Unfortunately people still think they are smart in trying to merge SPV3 with the regular CE install. It uses a custom version of Open Sauce that breaks compatibility with older maps and also needs a specific version of Chimera. 3.2 Will have new safeguards to prevent people from merging it with the CE directory, and also stores data differently in a way that will make it incompatible with stock CE.
Edited by Masters1337 on Nov 4, 2018 at 07:40 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Nov 3, 2018 10:20 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
a unique expierence every playthrough

above all else this is really nice to hear
I always felt the downfall of firefights was the repetitiveness of the whole thing

The big thing we've done is allowing different gamemodes to have different skulls turn on in different orders, so you can play the standard version of a 10, 40 or 70 round map with the same skulls turning on in a preset order, or have a gamemode that will let them stack in a true random order each time. Then there are the gametypes too where there are conditions for losing different than losing all your lives. A lot of this is still in the planning stages, or partially implemented, but with the script framework we've done and the fact someone on the SPV3 team is a wizard with the UIs, we can basically expand this near limitlessly with little effort and can be easily used to create new firefight maps at a rapid pace.

Once descent is done, I expect each of the 3 variants to take a week each to set up, and a new firefight map could probably be done within a month for all 4 variants. There's a lot of exciting stuff with it and in some ways, I am more excited for it than our 6 new campaign maps. But that may just be me burnt out on campaign.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Nov 3, 2018 07:40 PM (Total replies: 35)

I guess the memo wasn’t posted here, but pepzee and spiral have joined the SPV3 Dev team and we are developing a series of firefight maps with them. We’ve got some really awesome stuff in the works which will offer a unique expierence every playthrough, with more game modes and options available in it than any other iteration of firefight.

Descent itself may appear as 4 separate maps, with the spartan and elite characters each getting their own “vs covenant” and “vs flood” maps. But we are looking to ship 4 individual play spaces with their 4 variants alongside the next SPV3 update (which will have its own 6 new campaign maps which can be discussed in the SPV3 thread)

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Oct 29, 2018 05:55 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
anyone still have the beautiful face reveal of masterz on hand

Last I checked it was still in your mothers wallet.

In news of an actual update, we have a new patch coming out called SPv3.2. In addition to adding 3 maps we had previously cut, it also includes and revised Lumoria with its own new set of weapons and features. We also will have 3-6 firefight maps included as well, which will have some of the most robust set of features of any firefight mode, official or fanmade. In addition to new content we have a bunch of other fixes and improvements coming, such as much improved visuals thanks to actual time to really give each asset and environment a more extensive pass of polish and a suite of new open sauce post processing addons, such as MXAO and psudo HDR.
Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 29, 2018 at 06:01 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Air/Ground Unit Hybrid Oct 24, 2018 09:18 AM (Total replies: 14)

This is all really cool, really nice to see someone smart and intelligent show up with new creative methods of doing things.

I would suggest though trying to cut down on some of the conditions to making them switch. You could probably do something a bit more dynamic that requires less setup by tieing it to some ai status conditions. I'd also enable the can walk on walls flag for the ground unit. If you can get these guys to switch while they are moving left and right in the air, the momentum might be able to let them "throw" themselves onto surfaces. I think you'd have to abandon attaching the object and instead have to enter them into the seat of the flying unit, as the unit should maintain it's momentum then.
Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 24, 2018 at 09:21 AM

I get shield shaders on Intel Hd 4000 graphics, whatever your problem is, doesn't sound like it's the card.

Time: Sat November 17, 2018 6:55 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website