A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Master FL
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 23, 2011 11:13 AM
Interests: Video games, modding, weapons, anything related with halo(preferably halo: Combat Evolved)
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo PC, Halo CE, Halo 3(has a X-box Live gold membership) and some other games
Elite rules! As alwais...

Post Statistics
Master FL has contributed to 30 posts out of 469522 total posts (.01%) in 3,593 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Okay guys! I've tried something out:
Deleting everything to see if the error still happen.
And you know what? Yes it's still there. So the problem is whenever in object names, scripts, globals or references. Something is wrong in these.

Before you ask, Yes I've tryed tag converter, at first it seamed to work as it had other kind of errors: the glow for the sword was wrong. But now once I've fixed that problem, the other weird lagg still pops out telling me than the memory can't be readable...

No...
He was replying on what I previously said...

And yeah it would be nice to have a section of you firefight script so I can figure out how it works! But I'm telling you, I don't know a thing on scripts! Even how you compile it with tool or anything like that!

And also, the other guy, I tough you were asking on how to add AIs... Yeah a nice tutorial would be great! Just post it here anytime you've finished! I'll automaticly receive an email!
Edited by Master FL on Jan 23, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Quote: Do you already know how to make AI?

Well it isn't that simple!
I've already added hunters in c10, what's simple for sure is by looking in the scenario of the campaign maps. I guess you know what's a biped: an Elite is a biped and a grunt is another biped. Actor_Varient are stuffs like "Elite Major Plasma Rifle" which defines what kind of biped it is. I'm not sure what "Actor" is...
The first important thing to do of course is extracting the scenario and stuffs from the campaign maps... You should've already done that.
Once you've added your actor_varient in your actor pallet, there's the encounters part. This decides the waves of actors varient. I don't know what trigger them, but I'll explain what I know:

An encounter is the wave itself. Think like in a firefight game seen on halo 3: ODST or Halo Reach. This is like the waves. There's these flags, which the proper ones shall be checked. The team index defines which team they are, if you select 0, all the actor's team will be difinied by one or a group of actors. Squads are some sort of groups. Think like a dropship in firefight that drops a little group of the full wave. The actor type will decide the actor BY DEFAULT. This means it can change. The actor type if for the whole group. If you decide it's grunts, you can still add jackals! Don't ask me about platoons... I just don't know what's that for... The initial state is easy, and it's the same for return state. The flags in the squads are not necessairy. Now what's important is the normal and insane diff count. It's already telling you what's that if you hold the mouse over it. I'm not sure about the respawn counts... I think it's about the number of waves... not sure about it...

The starting position is important. That's what tells the different kind of actors that are in the squads There can be 6 actor count in the squads and 10 starting position! There only has to be higher than the actor count in the squads. The actor types defines exactly what's the actor there.

And that's all I can explain. Mess up a bit in the campaign maps to find out what's the stuffs needed to make AI works perfectly. I think there's a lot of tutorials for this one tough! You might check that out!
Edited by Master FL on Jan 22, 2011 at 02:45 PM

Ok, I got three questions, half are simply noob questions and the other half are technical problems. here they are:

1) I want to do a firefight map, but I don't know where to start... I've been looking for tutorials but I've only found a text file which says than I need to know how to make scripts, which I hell don't know! There's a second tutorial but it's on spanish and I don't speak spanish. If you could send me a FULL tutorial on how to make scripts AND a firefight map, I would be really greatfull! I just want some thing than once I've fully followed steps by steps I'll make a real working firefight map.

2) I've been working on sounds recently, but it seams like it doesn't want to work properly. Yes I've been able to put it in .sound file, it can read it from the guerilla tool, but I can't hear it in the game.

Yes I've putted it in .wav file!
Yes I've made sure it's mono!
Yes I've putted it in 44100 format and on the right bit.(16 I think... I just know I've done what the tutorials asked)
And No I didn't put a 99% sound thing I don't know how it's called.

Is it because I need to put it in 99%? Or is it something else? Before you tell me to download any other sound tool, I got goldwave AND Sound Forge Pro v10.0. If you can help, I'll be really happy!

3) It's been a long time I've wanted to make my own bitmaps files, I just can't find that abode photoshop that the tutorial are asking. If you could send me a link or what's the name of the non-need to register programm of photoshop, it'll be nice!

4) I've been downloading kornman's guerilla v2, but once I'm trying to modify my own tags, it says than I need a .pdf file or something like that then automaticly closes. I can create my own files, but modifying? Nope... Also I've been looking for that .pdf file and yep it's there. I know it surely's not pdf, but I know the file is there, I just want to know how to fix that problem!

I hope you'll be able to answer on one of these questions! I got a hell amount of maps to do and I can't do some of them because of these little things. Just help me out please!
Edited by Master FL on Jan 22, 2011 at 01:49 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
If you used the tag packs, then it is one of your own custom tags.

Again, I didn't changed anything and directly extracted the files and still didn't worked!

Also did that...
didn't worked and I can tell some of these tags packs aren't well extracted... I don't know which one of them but one of them didn't worked...

Yeah I found a scenario tag pack and all the extracted files were on the right place, it just didn't worked...
(and also, read the posts above because it may be the 3rd time I'm saying it...)

Anyway... do you know what's the best?! I've been extracting the maps from the original Halo PC Disk, pasted it in the Halo PC maps, extracted all the tags with HEK+ and still didn't worked!!!

But I did that and the error seams to still happen...

Even if I reinstall everything it still does the same god damn thing! Isn't there something I should fix with my computer like something that's read-only and shouldn't be or going directly in tool and set a maximun capacity?!

Recursive Extracts has been done uncountable amount of time in every possible way, including a recursive extract from renamon with AND without re-extracting and re-recursive scorpion and monitor and even more tags that should normally work... It still does that error!

If it continues that way, I give up!
I'll find one of my friends to compile my maps for me since I definitly can't do it...

Alright, I'll try that and see if it works or not...

And I might know what's happening... Maybe I should put the Halo CD in the computer... Just trying even if I guess it shouldn't work.

Anyway thanks for the answers people!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Simple exporting question. Nov 19, 2010 01:46 PM (Total replies: 8)

Normally, once you've extracted the files, you HAVE to keep your gmax open(I suggest to keep JMS exporter open too), then head back to where your JMS exporter is then double click on the grablistener. This will actually save your file somewhere.

So technicly, go in your gmax folder, then the scripts, then use grablistener and save it in the apropriate place. You should know the rest... if not, send me a pm!

Yeah I've done that!
On top of that, I've tried re-installing the whole halo custom edition and loss all my downloaded and created maps, re-installed hek, overwritten tons of times those tags and also, YES I know where I have to put the tags(a30.bsp must be in tags/levels/a30) and also, directory has nothing to do with that because I've been extracting from a functionning map, checked recursive, overwritten every single tags, even the assault rifle, then build-cache-file without changing anything...

And also, as I told before, every single tags gets checked and tells the stuffs such as the unworking collision model on a modified pistol(which doesn't crash tool). I personally think than there's something put in "read only" and shouldn't... Because no it's not a bad tag placement. Because I've tried build-cache-file on every campaign maps by downloading every single one of them! All from renameon AND my own Halo PC maps by using HEK+ which worked well for me for the c10 map, but crashes as above for a10, a30, a50, b40, c40, d20 and d40.
Edited by Master FL on Nov 8, 2010 at 10:16 AM

But I've done it! Here's the urls of the ones I've tryed:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1702 (renameon maps)
Extracted the tags and give the error I got

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1399 (d40 tag pack)
Downloaded it and overwritted my original files... didn't worked...

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2621 (scenario pack 1)
Downloaded it and overwritted my original files... said errors such as a missing scenery and did the same error...

Shouldn't there be a setting on it so it will work properly?!

Quote: --- Original message by: l283023
Extract the scenario recursively?

Done that... billions of times and it didn"t worked...

But that doesn't makes senses because I've used tags from renameon maps(unprotected maps), my own halo PC maps and even those tags you can download that has everything on it... it's just wierd... All the maps were working correctly before extracting them... Once I've extracted them, I did NOT change anything and I simply build-cache-file and it didn't worked...

I'll try some tutorials if they explain this or if I'm simply a loss cause...

Well... I've been able to build c10, c20 and b30, and yes I've re-installed hek, re-extracting the map and it still did the same thing...

NEW

Quote: Okay guys! I've tried something out:
Deleting everything to see if the error still happen.
And you know what? Yes it's still there. So the problem is whenever in object names, scripts, globals or references. Something is wrong in these.

Before you ask, Yes I've tryed tag converter, at first it seamed to work as it had other kind of errors: the glow for the sword was wrong. But now once I've fixed that problem, the other weird lagg still pops out telling me than the memory can't be readable...

The Old Message

The problem is each time I want to build most of the single player maps it alwais crashes. I've tried everything, from extracting the files and overwriting them billion of times to make sure all the files to re-installing HEK. Also tried downloading tons of those single player maps or tags and even converted my halo PC original single player maps... None of these worked. Each time I enter build-cache-file for c40(the original one and then my modded map) it'll say than the memory can't be "read". It's only doing that on every single player maps except for c10, c20 and b30...

Here's a screenshot of that problem

I know my computer is french... Here's the translation of what it's saying:

Quote: The instruction at "0x7c920f1e" use the memorie location "0x14007801". The memorie cannot be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the programm.

I can build some multiplayer maps and the c10, c20 and b30 map, but not the ither ones...
What does that mean and what am I supposed to do?!

Also, if your wondering if it works before creating the map, well it actually read the weapons in the map and still tells me what errors there are in the weapons, such as a wrong collision model. Once it finished tough and start rebuilding the map it will jam and do this error above

Answers given:

Quote: --- Original message by: Sciophobiaranger
you cant build campaign maps, maybe should try a different one, or reinstalling hek and rextracting the map will work

Well... I've been able to build c10, c20 and b30, and yes I've re-installed hek, re-extracting the map and it still did the same thing...

hes right, sometimes if the map has a certain tag it is corrupted. This is usually campaign maps

But that doesn't makes senses because I've used tags from renameon maps(unprotected maps), my own halo PC maps and even those tags you can download that has everything on it... it's just wierd... All the maps were working correctly before extracting them... Once I've extracted them, I did NOT change anything and I simply build-cache-file and it didn't worked...

I'll try some tutorials if they explain this or if I'm simply a loss cause...

Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Yeah dude, reinstall your HEK with the other tags still in there, and see if it works.

Yeah I've done that!
On top of that, I've tried re-installing the whole halo custom edition and loss all my downloaded and created maps, re-installed hek, overwritten tons of times those tags and also, YES I know where I have to put the tags(a30.bsp must be in tags/levels/a30) and also, directory has nothing to do with that because I've been extracting from a functionning map, checked recursive, overwritten every single tags, even the assault rifle, then build-cache-file without changing anything...

And also, as I told before, every single tags gets checked and tells the stuffs such as the unworking collision model on a modified pistol(which doesn't crash tool). I personally think than there's something put in "read only" and shouldn't... Because no it's not a bad tag placement. Because I've tried build-cache-file on every campaign maps by downloading every single one of them! All from renameon AND my own Halo PC maps by using HEK+ which worked well for me for the c10 map, but crashes as above for a10, a30, a50, b40, c40, d20 and d40.

Edited by Master FL on Nov 7, 2010 at 09:47 PM
Edited by Master FL on Nov 8, 2010 at 10:19 AM
Edited by Master FL on Jan 23, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Weird cmd problem Oct 3, 2010 11:38 AM (Total replies: 0)

The problem is each time I want to build my c40 map it alwais crashes. I've tried everything, from extracting the files and overwriting them billion of times to make sure all the files to re-installing HEK. None of these worked. Each time I enter build-cache-file for c40(the original one and the my modded map) it'll say than the memory can't be "read". It's only doing that on single player maps except for c10.

Here's a screenshot of that problem

I know my computer is french... Here's the translation of what it's saying:

Quote: The instruction at "0x7c920f1e" use the memorie location "0x14007801". The memorie cannot be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the programm.

I can build some multiplayer maps and the c10 map, but not these...
What am I supposed to do and what does that mean?!

[new]
Also, if your wondering if it works before creating the map, well it actually read the weapons in the map and still tells me what errors there are in the weapons, such as a wrong collision model. Once it finished tough and start rebuilding the map it will jam and do this error above
Edited by Master FL on Oct 5, 2010 at 07:38 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Infinity Lagg Jun 22, 2010 06:34 PM (Total replies: 4)

Well thanks for the help guys, I'm just saying than I found the problem and I've fixed it. It was those plasma grenades - added a life span to them and it fixed everything!

Just saying it can be locked or whatever.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Infinity Lagg Jun 20, 2010 07:02 PM (Total replies: 4)

Thanks for the help!

I was thinking for adding stuffs one by one and check what cause the lagg, but if you say that too many stuffs lagg the map, I'll only delete some stuffs!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Infinity Lagg Jun 15, 2010 12:13 PM (Total replies: 4)

I just got a simple problem, just read!

I'm making a map called infinity_futur_weapon. I can play the map for a while, but after 10 minutes, it freaze and says gatering exception data. I know this thing is for errors, but it alwais say that with no specific movement. I'm thinking it may be because something has hit another thing and instanly lag... I'm not sure.

I've been re-downloading the whole infinity map, used hek+ and overwritten tags, but nothing changed... Is anybody has the same problem with infinity? I'm suspecting than my "Auto-bouncing plasma grenades" may hit a platform that they are not meant to hit. I'm not sure.

Also, before you ask, no I don't think it's the weapon's model or equipements, because as I said, it only randomly happen around 10 minutes after the game has started. Also, I've been using a custom gametype which is unlimited time, so I don't think that's the problem...

Just a little help would be helpfull!

Ahh that's another thing I wanted to hear!
Thanks guys! Now I'm ready for some custom stuffs!

I wouldn't get far without your helps!
Edited by Master FL on Apr 21, 2010 at 06:44 PM

Time: Sat December 14, 2019 1:57 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website