A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: xebec
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 16, 2010 11:30 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: call of duty mw2 xbl I Xebec I
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
xebec has contributed to 37 posts out of 469070 total posts (.01%) in 3,387 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Ok So I am looking at your map right now. Why do you have all the terrain portals? To me you are just making it hard. You dont need the terrain portals and I have never used them in any of my maps. There really are only a few times you might need portals. If you have a really big map and alot of detail in the map. Then you need a portal so the map wont lag as bad. Since you are doing the tutorial map I would suggest getting to know how to model without errors before messing with portals.
Edited by xebec on Apr 16, 2010 at 01:01 PM

send me your model I will take a look at it for ya.

Ok I see what you did you added % to a material so you could get tool to work properly. Well to me that is not the right way to do it. And in the end if its a map you will have problems with things falling through that material. I had it happen on My very first map I made. I couldnt remove the error so I added % and It made my texture show up and everything looked fine. But when I walked on it I fell through the map.
Edited by xebec on Apr 14, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Dont worry about those two they do nothing. Your model should be build and you can use it. If your gbx model did not create from those two errors then you have a problem. If it did your set to go.

Halo CE General Discussion » What happens when? Apr 14, 2010 11:22 AM (Total replies: 13)

I have both Max 9 and 10 I have yet to get any problems with max 9 as long as you model your geometry the proper way. I have yet to try max 10 cause I only have the trial version.

Quote: --- Original message by: Hry

Dude I admire your concern, but it is useless, everyone here are a bunch of inmature kids crying about ripping, this comunnity is unique, no other community is so immature and bad, that's the reason halo ce is dead now, I really admire Dennis, thanks to him this ''comunity'' is more or less alive ,he has no responsibility to do a shiit, and he still are here with a bad kids who dont appreciate nothing, thanks Dennis, seriously thanks.
Edited by Hry on Apr 8, 2010 at 04:48 PM
Edited by Hry on Apr 8, 2010 at 09:51 PM

First Off I was here in the beginning and now because I enjoy making maps for this game. Its a great game and there still is alot you can do with the engine. I have to agree with you HRY. Back when I was still very active in 2006 If you released anything that might look like halo 2 stuff you where chewed out for being a ripper even if you modeled it. The community would do anything and everything to say you are a ripper. Another reason I left is because of the Elitest group. There was a group of people that where great programs and could have made halo ce grow. But instead they didnt release any of there programs and only a select few had the programs so that the community would look at them as god. For example Cluis created Magic a program to convert halo ce to xbox back in 2005 and he wouldnt release it. So thats why I feel like halo ce dropped alot of people fast.
Edited by xebec on Apr 14, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Who made this map? Apr 14, 2010 10:56 AM (Total replies: 3)

Oh shoot If I recall it was steelix, Kornman or cluis. It was one of the three if I remember right. But if I am wrong forgive me that was a old map.

If you would like you can send me your max file I can fix the errors for you and send you back the max file.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » MAP DESIGN HELP IS NEEDED Apr 12, 2010 11:58 AM (Total replies: 28)

DONT USE TOOL++ Use regular tool and build your cache with that. Your map will build then.

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone was a terrain tutorial using Zbrush Apr 11, 2010 02:42 PM (Total replies: 6)

Yeah It took me a total of like 5 min to model that in Zbrush. Zbrush is a great program for terrain and the poly count isnt high when you use it the right way. The poly count on that terrain was like 3000

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone was a terrain tutorial using Zbrush Apr 11, 2010 12:05 PM (Total replies: 6)

I was wondering if anyone wants a detailed tutorial on how to create terrain using Zbrush then import it back into max Here are two pics of some terrain I did for a upcoming map.

Edited by xebec on Apr 11, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modding. Apr 11, 2010 11:47 AM (Total replies: 29)

Does anyone have zbrush and have a interest in learning terrain modeling using zbrush?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modding. Apr 11, 2010 11:04 AM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: shadowce9
Quote: --- Original message by: xsnoder

I keep hearing that everyone hates the box maps yet not one of you know where to find a good tutorial on plane moddeling much less share your excperience. Is it a national secret? Where is a good tutorial on making a plane map? the fps bannana Beretta tutorial is ok but very undefined and most would not know how to apply that knowledge to a map. Now, any of you got a great tutorial for those needing to learn how to make a map with a plane? I googled and studied the tutorials I could find on moddeling with a plane, getting pretty good too but still no tutoruals on making a map from a plane.
Make a tutorial someone.
Totally no disrespect to anyone here. I think the forums, people are great we just need more tutorials. I would make some but I don't have hypercam application or equevelant. I know that trial software can be super blurry.
Edited by xsnoder on Apr 11, 2010 at 08:36 AM

I completely agree with this guy. We seriously need more tutorials, and maybe people won't have to go through the trouble of constantly posting here for help.

Well What I do for my terrain is use zbrush. I could probly get the energy to make a tutorial. Displacement maps and zbrush will do most of the work then you will have to fine tune it with max.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modding. Apr 10, 2010 08:57 PM (Total replies: 29)

Yep halo ce is only alive because of this site. All the other sites that were big have shut there doors like halomods.com and Gearbox forum. I cant believe this site is still open after all the years. Its amazing halomaps.org is still putting out great maps for people to download. Your site sucks I checked it out lame, Halomaps is like a rich person with a nice house halomodding is like a scrub on the street bagging for money.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » the grid in 3ds Apr 7, 2010 11:27 PM (Total replies: 3)

You want your map way bigger then the grid. The grid is about a wide as Master chief. Merge the tutorial.max file that came with heck and click on master chief. That will give you the side of MC and you can model your map around him.

Halo CE General Discussion » Σ Sigma Σ Apr 6, 2010 07:28 PM (Total replies: 34)

If you are going to unwrap it you should really make a texture that flows. Dont just throw a texture on there other wise it will look like trash you have seems you can see right now. You should also emboss the text so it looks like its stamped into the gun. If you want send me the model and I can texture it for you hit me up on aim x3bec.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Ripping protected maps?? Apr 5, 2010 01:09 PM (Total replies: 21)

If a map is protected don't try to rip it. Ask the person who created it for one of the tags or bsp, I have had alot of my maps redone because they wernt protected and I didn't get credit for a single one of the. I upsets me people taking other peoples work and not giving them credit.

Also if you just want a halo 2 smg or dual smgs get them from my warlock or relic.
Edited by xebec on Apr 5, 2010 at 01:11 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Forrunner Beam of Light Mar 29, 2010 12:24 AM (Total replies: 10)

I have a forruner like structure and I see beams coming out of them on other peoples maps. I have never done it before so is it a scenery or somthing to make that big blue beam?

Halo CE General Discussion » Question on UVs Mar 27, 2010 03:32 PM (Total replies: 6)

Ok Let me get you right. You have a mesh that is unwraped and uvwed you then want to edit ether the mesh or add more mesh, But you dont want to screw up your unwraped uvw. If thats so click on the modifier list on the right side of 3ds max and click edit mesh or edit poly then it will keep everything that is uvwed and wont change any thing. You will also be able to add new mesh without wrecking your unwraped stuff.

Halo CE General Discussion » destructable scenery help Mar 23, 2010 03:04 PM (Total replies: 6)

I got it to work! Funny thing is that it wasnt anything to do with my tags. All my tags are perfect it had to do with the frame. The frame was below the object to much so the effect was taking place under the map.

Time: Mon June 24, 2019 6:08 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website