A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Ghilli
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 5, 2010 02:32 PM
Interests: Computer Programming, Game Development, and Guitar.
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo, Halo CE, Halo 3, Rainbow Six Vegas 1&2, Killing Floor, Garrysmod, etc...
<insert thoughtful quote here>
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Ghilli has contributed to 27 posts out of 469284 total posts (.01%) in 3,436 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Best bloodgulch mod Sep 5, 2010 02:32 PM (Total replies: 33)

The only Bloodgulch mod, that I like, is my own.

I really just made it because I wanted to push the standard Halo weapons and vehicles to the limits (see how powerful I could make them without crashing the game).

I don't think I'll ever publicly release it though...but I plan to use the weapon and vehicle tags from it as 'Easter Eggs' for my future maps.

Halo CE General Discussion » recharger? Jul 23, 2010 03:18 PM (Total replies: 11)

You could make the plasma plasma pistol able to pick up ammo...and have an ammo respawn in front of it...

another thing it could do is recharge shields...not sure if it would work in mp though...

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP: Halo Scripting Utility Jul 23, 2010 11:40 AM (Total replies: 20)

Updated the picture :D

none of the buttons do anything yet though lol still trying to adjust back into c+

To be honest I kinda liked the object oriented setup of vb...but c++ is definitely a better language for building a script editor for reasons I wont go into...

Quote: Original message by FtDSpartn
I might be able to help with some things,I use VB and C##.
Add my xfire: vipspartn.

did you mean "C++" or "C#"? I'm just curious...it doesn't really matter...the same methods should apply to almost all programming languages.

EDIT
I spot competition
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?21807-HSC-Studio-Halo-Script-Code-IDE/page2
:(

...however (looking at the video) it doesn't seem to have "script templates" (if it does then they are pre-made scripts which will require hsc knowledge to make useful) like EHS had...and mine will >:)
Edited by Ghilli on Jul 23, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Download this: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2028
Open the bitmap of the skin of the actor variant
save it as a file type that you can open in a picture editor (mspaint, pdn, gimp, etc...)
open it and edit it to be what ever color you want (if its black and white you can apply Sepia to give it some color then adjust the hue to get the color you want.)
save it as a .tif (NAME IT SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL)
recompile it with tool
now you can either swap it out for the original bitmap OR edit the shader to use your new version (or make a new shader - you will have to make/edit several files if you make a new one but then you can have both colors).

Halo CE General Discussion » For those people that don't have 3ds max Jul 22, 2010 11:08 AM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo

Autodesk Students is a program for students in College providing free software for courses involving digital design, architecture, game designer/engineering and CGI Movie production and effects.

Not for a 14yr old playing halo to get a free $400 software to make crappy box map on a 10 yr old game.
Edited by iHalo on Jul 12, 2010 at 01:14 PM

Making Halo maps helps build the skills you need for "digital design, architecture, game designer/engineering and CGI Movie production and effects." What better way to learn about a program than to use it to make maps for a game? And who says that's all we are gonna use it for? Chances are that if someone is REALLY into making halo maps, that they will likely go into one of those fields.

been playing halo since some time in 2008.

Halo CE General Discussion » To The EXTREME Mod....... Ideas Jul 22, 2010 10:56 AM (Total replies: 39)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
The biped is pretty nice, too, although I think that instead of the forearm scythes, you should go with retractable blades mounted in the wrist plate. Then you could just use the animations for the Plasma Pistol melee, but add the blades springing out. >:D

I will download the tags for the biped if you do this ;D

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP: Halo Scripting Utility Jul 22, 2010 10:47 AM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
if we post scripts do you also want evil scripts??

like go into a trigger volume and it makes them quit xD

or go into a trigger volume and it will unit suspend the player.

Post anything you can think of, however I'm not gonna guarantee that all "evil" scripts will be included, a few would be nice though.

Edit: As of right now I would prefer useful scripts.

Quote: --- Original message by: pakar45
make it so that when a player walks into a trigger volume, it exceptions. Wai no make it so that it deletes their system32 xD

I'm not exactly sure how to do you're first idea, how ever I'm sure there is a way. Your second idea, however, is not possible....well...not through halo scripting anyway.
Edited by Ghilli on Jul 22, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP: Halo Scripting Utility Jul 22, 2010 01:29 AM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: 1337PotatoChips
Meh, better than me. I rely on scripting programs >.>

It's k. I do too. (For most things. >_<)

For really advanced scripts I used to go to EHSv2... however some of the scripts in that program have their flaws...

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP: Halo Scripting Utility Jul 22, 2010 01:09 AM (Total replies: 20)

How long will it take you to make this? I really need a good scripting program, I can only script basic things, like object_create and firefight scripts (bad firefight scripts)

Not sure. Hopefully not too long. 2 Programmers now though.

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP: Halo Scripting Utility Jul 21, 2010 11:13 PM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
GUI looks proper ugly, but that isn't really your aim at the moment. HaloGuru made a good app like this, probably better. He didnt finish it though I don't think.

he never finished ehsv3

If he would have then I'd be using that instead of making my own. :b

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP: Halo Scripting Utility Jul 21, 2010 10:25 PM (Total replies: 20)

Yeah I know the GUI sucks, I just want to get the programming done. Then I'll worry about the GUI. And yeah HaloGuru's was better, but he didn't finish it. EHSv2 was a good tool, however it could've been a lot better (had more scripts).

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP: Halo Scripting Utility Jul 21, 2010 10:06 PM (Total replies: 20)

Not yet no. When I verify that a script has been tested in game and works, I will change the information in the main post.

Here's an example:

+Before test+
Name: No Damage
Description: Prevents the players from taking damage.
Made by: Ghilli
Tested: No

+After Test (if it doesn't work then it will be repaired or removed)+
Tested: Yes

Most of them should work. They do 'in theory'.
Edited by Ghilli on Jul 21, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Weapon] H3T Ma5k Release. Jul 21, 2010 05:02 PM (Total replies: 145)

I honestly can't believe I clicked on this topic, but since I'm here I may as well put in a few words.

1. Ripping is fine if you are doing it for yourself (because no one knows about it). Its when you publicly release it (in a map/mod or a pointless forum post) that it becomes stealing.

2. If you are going to take the easy way out and rip from someone else's map (instead of learning how to do 3d modeling) then ATLEAST ask for permission. Did you even try to contact Kenny?

3. If you really think that he wouldn't care, then why not ask him?

4. And what was that about you being against ripping and now you're trying to defend it? You're such a hypocrite.

5. If the community NEEDED more content they would ask OR (even better) MAKE IT THEMSELVES!

6. If you can't figure out something (in this case 3d modeling) then ASK! It's what these forums(and tutorials) are here for!

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP: Halo Scripting Utility Jul 21, 2010 03:21 PM (Total replies: 20)

I am currently working on a new halo scripting utility. I would just stick to EHS, but development on that Utility seems to have ceased. The application is currently called "Halo Script Builder" - I don't have much for imagination...so if someone else can give it a better name that would be great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Contents:
1: Details
2: Things I need
3: Scripts I have so far
4: Conclusion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Details:
Application name: Halo Script Builder
It has (will have) many built-in templates, and also has the hs_doc.txt built in.
(If you want more details just ask)

Pics:
v0.1.0.0
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac64/xThex_xAssassinx/halo_script_builder.jpg
NOTE: Switched to C#, so the above picture is no longer accurate, however the basic layout of the GUI still exists.

If you have ideas for features that you would like to see in this application post them here or message them to me.

2. Things I need:
- Scripts:
Vehicle Teleport
Extra Vehicles (would like to use the one from EHSv2)
Any other scripts you can think of that aren't featured below

- A short, typed tutorial on Halo scripting (will be included as "Help" - and credit will be given, of course. I just want something that goes over the basics of scripting.

- I also need a few people to test some of the scripts.

If you are interested in submitting material then read the bottom of this post (read part 3 first if you are submitting a script idea - to make sure I don't already have it)

3. Scripts so far:
I am organizing the scripts by category. These categories are Player, AI, Vehicle, Server, Map, Device, and Misc.

Player - Scripts that affect the/a Player(s)
AI - Scripts that affect AI units **Might mix with Player or Map**
Vehicle - Scripts that affect vehicles **Might mix with Player**
Map - Scripts that affect your map in general
Server - Scripts that affect Multiplayer Servers that run your map **Might mix with Map - unlikely though**
Device - Scripts associated with devies (ex: doors) **Might mix with Map**
Misc - Scripts that don't fit into the other categories

~Scripts I have so far~

+Player+

Name: No Melee
Description: Prevents the players from using Melee attacks.

Name: No Ranged
Description: Prevents the players from using ranged attacks.

Name: Set Shields
Description: Sets the players shields to a specified value.

Name: Zero Gravity
Description: Zero gravity.

Name: No Flashlights
Description: Prevents players from using flashlights (may help prevent lag).

Name: No Scope
Description: Prevents players from zooming.

Name: No HUD
Description: Removes all HUD

Name: No Weapon Drop
Description: Prevents players from dropping weapons when they die

Note: I am going to add assorted Trigger Volume/Flag scripts soon, so please hold your posts about them for a while.

+AI+
N/A

+Vehicle+

Name: Team Specific Vehicle
Description: Makes a vehicle only allow a certain team.
Made by: N/A
Idea by: M280
Note: Probably impossible to make

+Server+

Name: Server Message
Description: Makes the server say a message every so often.

Name: Stored RCon
Description: I borrowed the idea from EHS and fixed it so that it works properly. (The one in EHS flooded the screen with the password).

Name: Max Players
Description: Set the max number of players allowed on your map.

Name: Max Players Locked
Description: constantly sets the max players, so that the host can't just change it.

Name: Force Connect
Description: Forces players to join a specified server when they run your map.

Name: Starting team
Description: Start on Blue Team default instead of Red

Name: SV Name
Description: Sets the name for all servers that play on your map

Name: SV Name (Locked)
Description: Constantly updates the server name (so the host cant just set a new one)

Name: SV Password
Description: Sets the password for all servers that play on your map

Name: SV Password (Locked)
Description: Constantly updates the server password (so the host cant just set a new one)

+Map+

Name: No Dev Cam
Description: Makes using the Dev Cam VERY difficult, if not impossible.

Name: Trigger Volume Teleporter
Description: Teleport the player using trigger volumes and flags instead of netgame flags
Idea by: Ghilli

Name: Console Message
Description: Writes a message into the console every so often.

Name: Letter Box
Description: N/A

Name: Cinematic Title
Description: N/A

Name: UI Cameras
Description: A script for making a UI map. Allows for up to 15 cameras.
Note: 15 is just a temporary number, I'm going to try to add as many as I can.

+Device+
N/A

+Other/Misc+
N/A

4. Conclusion:
If you have any scripts that you would like me to add (or don't mind if I add) to this Utility, post it/them here or send it/them to me in a message. Credit will be given.

If you have any script ideas post them here or message them to me and I'll see what I can do (credit will still be given).

I would make all of the scripts myself, but I would rather put my effort towards making the actual application (that way I can get a Beta out more quickly)

If you have ideas for features that you would like to see in this application post them here or message them to me.

Credit will be given in the "About" window and in the "Tool Tip" text (with the description of the script template you made).

If you are submitting material read this:

When you submit a script use this template (please):

Name: <name of the script>
Description: <Description of the script>
Made by: <Name of Maker>
Idea by: <Name of whoever came up with the idea>
Tested: <yes/no>
Note: <notes if any>

I welcome criticism. So please, share your thoughts on this. If you think its s stupid idea then your welcome to say so, however it would be much appreciated if you back up your opinion.

BTW: I'm thinking about giving people who submit (complex/impressive) scripts access to Beta versions.

Thank you,
- Ghilli

EDIT LOG:
7/23/2010 at 11:43am >> Fixed some typos that bothered me :)
7/23/2010 at 11:29am >> UPDATED PIC

Edited by Ghilli on Jul 21, 2010 at 08:28 PM
Edited by Ghilli on Jul 23, 2010 at 11:30 AM
Edited by Ghilli on Jul 23, 2010 at 11:45 AM
Edited by Ghilli on Sep 5, 2010 at 02:06 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » sapien error Jul 15, 2010 07:59 PM (Total replies: 6)

07.15.10 17:22:18 local player 0, weapon (0x0), deleted unexpectedly

I'm not really sure about this one...try searching the forums.

I dont think the other 2 errors really affect anything...i get teh 2nd one all the time...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » sapien error Jul 15, 2010 05:42 PM (Total replies: 6)

I had them so I uploaded them. You can download here: http://rapidshare.com/files/407170275/Sergeant_1337.zip

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE3 2010 Live Jul 15, 2010 04:37 PM (Total replies: 595)

Looks like a cool program. The one I'm working on is gonna be a mix between that and EHS. I'll post a thread about it soon, not a whole lot too show right now. And I already started my project so I'm gonna finish it.

shader_environment should work

Edit:

watch this tutorial...should help: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1522
Edited by Ghilli on Jul 15, 2010 at 03:23 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request]deathisland firefight Jul 15, 2010 12:48 PM (Total replies: 45)

not that I know of...though I think I'm gonna try to make one at some point...it'll be a while though, I have too many projects at the moment (halo scripting utility and a mod of New Mombassa for Cops-N-Civs).

Time: Fri August 23, 2019 12:50 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website