A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ajnauron
About Contact
Last Post: May 7, 2017 12:13 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
ajnauron has contributed to 13 posts out of 469450 total posts (0.00%) in 3,501 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

After installing the game, if you don't have the disk in a CD drive, run the updater at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo\haloupdate.exe" before you try to start the game, that will allow you to run the game without having the CD in the drive.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Jul 1, 2016 02:39 PM (Total replies: 246)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7

"So I gave them updates... Jews love updates"

Version 2 is now available. I have updated the OP links

Changelog:

• HUD scaling now works

• Compass now is a pitch counter, useful for when you throw grenades

• Brand new pause game and in-game help UIs

Hud scaling on most elements work but the transparent mask is still not properly scaled.
http://i.imgur.com/I1Ss8qk.png

These are nice improvements. I like the sleek UI.

Looks like you're playing at a slightly larger resolution than mine, although I made those visor overlays to fit both 4:3 and 16:9 resolutions. Just out of curiosity, what resolution is that?

I get the hud mismatch on 1366x768.
Edited by ajnauron on Jul 1, 2016 at 02:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMTSPV3 Released! Jun 29, 2016 02:44 PM (Total replies: 156)

I like a lot of these new weapons, any chance we'll see them released?

Halo CE General Discussion » Why halo 3 is not on pc? Jan 31, 2015 01:06 AM (Total replies: 44)

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren
Forgive the tangent, but this needs to be stated. The "Halo 2 is terribly unoptimised" argument is getting real old. The game has been out 8 years now; and if your hardware can't run it then it's time to upgrade or adapt, not appeal to hackneyed bromides.

What most people complain is "bad optimisation" is actually mouse lag caused by a simple vsync flag issue. Halo 2's built in vysnc only ever worked on certain release-date era cards, and while it was neglectful on the part of Hired Gun not to make it work universally, it can be easily fixed.

Halo 2 PC's engine works in such a fashion that the FPS must be capped for the mouse input to properly function. It was programmed specifically to run at 60fps, hence Halo 2 must be vysnc'd or FPS capped in Nvidia Inspector if its build in vysnc does not work does not work for you and your refresh rate is 60hz. This will fix any symptoms of ostensible mal-optimisation. If your monior is >60hz, it'll seem "unoptimized" until you cap at 60fps.

To reduce mouse lag further, disable triple buffering (If your GFX card is >/=GTX 260), and disable pre-rendered frames. There are also ways to disable OS-wide mouse acceleration.

His explanation is correct but it's designed for 50fps, not 60. If you don't believe me try it yourself. The game engine was meant to run at 50fps.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » GFWL to be shut down on July 1, 2014 Aug 28, 2013 02:08 AM (Total replies: 8)

How do you make an offline profile, I don't see that option?

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » GFWL to be shut down on July 1, 2014 Aug 27, 2013 04:42 AM (Total replies: 8)

http://games.on.net/2013/08/games-for-windows-live-to-be-shut-down-completely-in-july-2014/

I don't know whether we'll be able to hack together another server browser, and I don't think the campaign can be played without signing in, unless I'm mistaken?

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Mar 19, 2012 11:37 AM (Total replies: 1793)

Nice, this really could have fit in with the original campaign. The chapter titles were a nice touch. The trigger for the sentinels was very creative. I liked how the hunters had much improved accuracy and range, it made them much more challenging. The voice acting definitely set this campaign apart from the other custom single player maps, though it could have been done with more emotion. Overall, this is one of the best custom made single player maps I've ever played.

I'm not sure why this has been ignored, but there is already a very challenging firefight/survival mode in Halo 1. Near the beginning of Keyes, if you stay at the opening of the hole before dropping in, Flood will start to spawn and drop down from the hole in the ceiling in the hallway.

You have no cover, and there is nowhere to run but down the hole or across the hole with a grenade jump, at which point they stop spawning. Why haven't people posted videos of themselves trying to survive as long as possible before dropping into the hole?

When the spawning starts, you would be hard pressed to survive even one minute.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT Presents….. Apr 15, 2010 12:18 AM (Total replies: 738)

Arteen, I seen nothing wrong with releasing what you have. You will label it as an unfinished beta, so people will know that it might not have the sheen of a final release. Everyone is fine with that. It's just a little sad when we are allowed to see the amazing work you have done and then decide that you're not going to release it.

Halo CE General Discussion » VIDEO] The Deadly Stunters Apr 13, 2010 02:16 AM (Total replies: 5)

That was totally worth a watch. I frequent High Impact Halo and I was still surprised by what they managedto achieve. Most impressive.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT Presents….. Apr 12, 2010 03:12 PM (Total replies: 738)

Just got on the server and had a pretty good 1v1 on both maps, and I'd like to say that both maps are overall very well done and they're the best new maps I've played in a while, they certainly live up to the CMT name. The server itself is awesome, there was very little lead.

Augur feels a lot more like a smaller version of Snow Grove than the Aotcr map. The textures look great.

-The spawn points are very close to each other so you're always fighting pretty soon after you spawn-not really a bad thing since you get more action, but it makes the map seem much smaller than it is, especially with all the obstacles, because you're immediately heading into a fight rather than exploring the map a little. This makes the map seem much faster paced than its size would suggest. If the spawn points were placed more towards the outer edges you'd really get a much better feel for the size of the map.

-The ghost is really overpowered, just around four plasma bolts and your shields are down. I don't really think this map is suited for vehicles considering the size and all the obstacles, but that's just my opinion. The ghost is virtually unstoppable and I think it disrupts the intense gameplay in the middle of the map.

Ruins seems like a new version of Sanctuary from a while back, with more grass. It's also a fast paced map but it's more appropriate here because the size is much smaller. As far as the map itself, it plays great overall. Great to see you brought back the Sanctuary SMG's melee and structures, those things are nade magnets.

-AR and PR are a bit too accurate.

-Same issue with the sniper as Augur-the bullets seem to travel a bit too slowly. I'd also rather not have the rumble.

-On both maps the nades are way too powerful, the splash damage radius is like twice it is normally and makes the nades a bit more noob since you can be much less accurate with your throws and still pwn. I'd suggest bringing back the Sanctuary nades.

All in all great job, it's awesome to see that maps like these are still being made. I look forward to playing these maps.

I can't wait to try Mousetrap, I always thought the POA would make for a great multiplayer map and this seems to be it, for a moment I couldn't really believe it was being made. Those hallways are perfect for leading raids, more so than ratrace because with rat race you're always trying to protect your back so you don't really advance, and I don't think I've seen another map like it. With any luck it'll become as popular as Snow Grove.

I'd also love to see a multiplayer map of the Truth and Reconciliation, that would be awesome. It would play like the end part of the level where you, Keyes, and the marines are fighting their way to the dropship bay.

Time: Mon November 11, 2019 6:50 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website