A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Amazingcuziam
About Contact
Last Post: May 7, 2013 10:22 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Quite a few.
Sup.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Amazingcuziam has contributed to 779 posts out of 469375 total posts (.17%) in 3,469 days (.22 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE May 7, 2013 10:22 AM (Total replies: 424)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ubergoober
this thread will become

Only if people keep discussing silly stuff.
Back on topic! I wanna use that Mass Driver o-o.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Mar 5, 2013 11:41 AM (Total replies: 424)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ubergoober

Dear God man!! My prayers have been answered, the fabled DA Ender returns!
Edited by Ubergoober on Mar 5, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Nobody is ever happy when I return :'(.

Halo CE General Discussion » Trinity map pack Jan 6, 2013 10:26 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Esteban
Wtf they look crap, why do you want those?
Enders strong point wasn't ever modeling (he'll tell you the same.) but he was quite good at setting up vehicles, one of the best I've ever seen personally. I do happen to have one of his maps though! I can't give it to you because I promised him I wouldn't share it a year or so ago. Tiamat (I think that's his name) has more recent versions than I do, so asking him might get you somewhere.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 16, 2012 11:37 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloExtreme117
Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater
This gives me an idea, something like a futuristic C17. Oh, and a question. If you make something and put it into halo ce and then make your own game and use it in that, does it count as your property? I only ask because i remember someone saying that anything you put into CE belongs to Microsoft from then on.

Once a model, sound or other item goes through tool, you relinquish all legal rights over that content to Microsoft - including copyright ownership.

Well,just keep a edited copy somewhere.
Or just don't put in to CE, or just request legal permission to use it from microsoft, or just ignore that silly thing, seeing as I highly doubt MS even cares.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 16, 2012 03:13 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
And now we must ask our selves... how many tri's would be there? I actually am curious.
My guess is ~220 but it is probably something closer to like... 64 or something stupidly small.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 16, 2012 02:59 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925

Well don't quote it...

Oh and y'all might wanna cut down on the n-gons. There are too many there. Really.
Edited by Skidrow925 on Dec 16, 2012 at 02:37 PM
I only see nine. Oh, that's because there are only nine faces on the side? Oh.
Edited by Amazingcuziam on Dec 16, 2012 at 05:19 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 16, 2012 02:31 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Vergil
Modifier? Pfft?
Shh! You're not supposed to tell him.
Edited by Amazingcuziam on Dec 16, 2012 at 02:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 19, 2012 02:36 AM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

Well, I guess it's just because I am a bit more serious when on the go. I don't like having portable devices on me except my phone even because it detracts from the task at hand or potential things that could be done in place of it. I feel that when you are on the go if it is for leisure you should be seeing or socializing and if it is for business or school, it should strictly be business or school. Gametime is when you are home with nothing to do. But that's just how I see it.

Apple user? really? um this is a "gaming" debate why are you even here? XD
Edited by eliteslasher on Nov 19, 2012 at 01:41 AM

I prefer to have a choice of where I sit when using my computer, also a lot of businesses use these magical things called computers for work, which usually requires you to have one with you on a business or other trip. I do agree with you on gametime, however I do like to game while in the car (RV actually) on a roadtrip, when there isn't much to do.

@EDIT: How is Apple even relevant to gaming? I can game on my Mac all I want, I can use windows too (who knew?). Sure, I don't get amazing performance, but it's tolerable 90% of the time (Skyrim, I'm looking at you.). Don't bring operating/manufacturer preference into this, it is completely irrelevant.

@Tiel: ^ - Haters gonna hate.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 19, 2012 12:13 AM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
Jeez, I'm sorry, maybe I touched a nerve, but that is my personal opinion on gaming laptops. I actually HAVE gamed on them before and that is actually the reason why I think they're a joke. I think Alienware is a joke. Crap quality for more than you can pay for better. You are paying a few hundred for that stupid little logo on the front and that is simply ridiculous. PC gamers build their own "desktop" PCs or they are not truly PC gamers simple as that. I'm sorry, but that's just what I believe, no need to get hostile.
Desktop has a thousand more advantages to laptops besides portability. It's a smart option as well with easier swappability of parts and hardware troubleshooting.
I'd like a list. Let's see, Laptop: Very portable, easy to store, lower power consumption, less noisy, less bulky, built-in peripherals, built-in screen, worse game performance.
Desktop: Better performance, cheaper, easier maintenance, less portable, peripherals and monitor separate, higher power consumption, noisier, liquid coolant, more customize-able.
Please do feel free to add to it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 18, 2012 08:05 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Xiao
Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

I guess we will have reach maps with 10 fps.

Also anyone wants to unwrap this?
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8097/revenantbitch.jpg
Edited by altis94 on Nov 18, 2012 at 06:08 AM

that depends on your pc. most pc's that can run games from the last 3 years on ultra settings should do just fine

So basically what you're saying is, unless you have a $500 dollar custom rig, you're screwed.

I'd say this is about right.
$500 laptop? What a joke, Good luck building a "custom rig" laptop brah. So yeah, as far as laptops go, ~$2000 or your screwed. I'm so incredibly tired of all you desktoppers bragging about your performance and assuming that everyone uses a desktop and if their performance is worse than yours then they purchased a bad computer. I can use my computer where ever I want, whenever I want with pretty good performance on most games, your desktop however is stationary in your parents basement, isn't it? Rant done.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 18, 2012 12:50 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Yoda
Started working on an ACR model, Any advice/crit/insults?

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa376/Yoda73811/Render01.jpg

It isn't smoothed yet, and I still have to add the magazine, iron sites, and various details.

Needs moar rainbows and unicornz!

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 14, 2012 12:33 AM (Total replies: 4974)

For a checksum copy, you'll be looking for you'll need kornman's hacked guerilla. Btw, I ended up out way later than I anticipated and will have to work on it tomorrow, assuming you cant get it yourself :). Bbtw the checksum is at the top of the gbx and bottom(ish) of the anim (right?). Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm a bit rusty, been a while :).

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 13, 2012 12:25 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: ELEVERX
yeah i cant really get what your saying but when i finished reading the post i was like you offered to do it for me HOW DID I MISS THAT ok i am uploading it now to a site ill PM you the link also could u please leave a hyper cam on recording what u do like u dont need to explain or anything just can u please record and then put to youtube or some thing

Thanks!

Sure, not a problem. I won't be able to do it until tonight though. But I should be able to get it working for you when I have the time to work on it. Sorry about the lack of understand-ability of anything I say, I'm typing this off my phone, so it's not as understandable as I would like.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 13, 2012 12:03 PM (Total replies: 4974)

i placed the nodes in the right places on teh model then i linked them o the frame hull then i exported as a jms used tool model (directory)

and then i went to banshee.vehicle and then i replaced the banshee.gbx with wraith.gbx and that is all i have done

also if anyone wants to see a wire frame or pics of it i will post but only if ppl want it

Well, the most probable cause then, is that you don't have all of the frames from the banshee. The accepted method for changing the appearance of something (like you wish to) when I was around here was to open the model that you're trying to inject (in your case the wraith) and freeze or hide it (assuming you're using 3ds?). You would then import the gbx of the object you're trying to inject yours as (the banshee), and you would delete the newly imported model (leaving all the frames and nodes behind). Then, all you need to do is just link your model (and it's pieces) to the frames of the banshee, and export it as a gbx. It should work fine, if it doesn't my offer to do it for you still stands.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 13, 2012 11:29 AM (Total replies: 4974)

Ok so i have started a project i call it

<font size="52">Halo Craft</font size=52>
<font size="22">wings of evolution</font size=22>

it is adding things from starcraft 2 wings of liberty to halo (i am running another called starcraft 2 liberty evolved which is halo to starcraft 2 (its also hard))

i have never made a vehicle before so i rigged a terran wraith with basee stuff and exported as a .gbx

NOW I GET THIS

07.14.12 01:03:49 sapien pc 01.00.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
07.14.12 01:03:49 reference function: _write_to_error_file
07.14.12 01:03:49 reference address: 401b13
07.14.12 01:03:49 Couldn't read map file './sapienbeta.map'
07.14.12 01:03:50 CreateDevice succeeded with refresh rate = 0
07.14.12 01:03:50 Sound card doesn't meet minimum hardware requirements. Disabling hardware option.
07.14.12 01:04:02 Increasing sound decompression buffer size to 1048576 bytes
07.14.12 01:04:17 the model 'weapons\sn1\sn1' and the animation graph 'weapons\shotgun\shotgun' don't match
07.14.12 01:04:17 the object 'weapons\shotgun\shotgun' will not animate
07.14.12 01:04:33 DirectInput: 'Acquire (keyboard)' returned (DIERR_OTHERAPPHASPRIO#-2147024891)
07.14.12 01:05:03 local player 0, weapon (0x0), deleted unexpectedly
07.14.12 01:05:25 the model 'sc2\terran\vehicles\wraith\wraith' and the animation graph 'vehicles\banshee\banshee' don't match
07.14.12 01:05:25 the object 'sc2\terran\vehicles\wraith\Wraith' will not animate
07.14.12 01:05:25 the model 'sc2\terran\vehicles\wraith\wraith' and the collision model 'vehicles\banshee\banshee' don't match (region permutation counts don't match)
07.14.12 01:05:25 the object 'sc2\terran\vehicles\wraith\Wraith' will not be collidable
07.14.12 01:05:51 OUT OF OBJECTS: cannot create Wraith

is there a way i can get rid of animations to fix animation graph

do i have to make a collision model

is there a easy fix

i know that the model wont be great if i use the easy way but i will improve later

Well, put quite simply, you didn't rig up your model right. Because it you had, you wouldn't get any of those errors. Post what rigging process you used for it, as that will make fixing it a lot easier (for me atleast. ). If you absolutely cannot get it working, then you can send me a download link in a private message and I'll fix it up tonight, when I get the chance.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 11, 2012 10:50 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant 1337
No it wasn't to be an idiot. I just simply didn't pay attention to the petty argument over render preferences. But for your sake(and my sake since I don't like my renders),Hunter, I'll use the preferered render settings. No need to revert to insults like a child.
the model looks great from what I saw :). Really glad to see you're still working on it. I've been thinking about doing a bit of modeling in about four days, anybody have an idea what I should shoot for? Also, burrrrrnnnnnnnnn.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 12, 2012 12:12 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob
Bleh, GoW games are so marginal :\
How is your opinion on the quality of the game relevant?

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 11, 2012 10:27 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Quote: --- Original message by: TauSigmaNova
Eh, not really
Anya Stroud is awesome though, :P
GoW3 Anya, not the formal one, but when shes a "Gear Soldier".

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 11, 2012 12:39 PM (Total replies: 14974)

New Cortana looks like Anya Stroud >:(.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Mar 31, 2012 02:53 AM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Cheddars
whoa wait guys. i thought amazing cuz iams falcon was already unwrapped like that
Nah, I never took the time/effort to get it accurate enough :P. I might in the future, maybe.

Time: Mon October 14, 2019 11:04 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website